Windows 10: Computer unresponsive after auto turn off display

Discus and support Computer unresponsive after auto turn off display in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having an issue after reinstalling Windows 10. I did a clean install of Windows 10 and now I'm experiencing an issue with auto turn off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by FrozzenAxe, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Computer unresponsive after auto turn off display

Hello, I'm having an issue after reinstalling Windows 10. I did a clean install of Windows 10 and now I'm experiencing an issue with auto turn off display in the sleep and power options. After 10 minutes my display is set to turn off. And after 3 hours my pc is supposed to sleep. But sometime after the monitor turns off, I'll see it flash back on for a moment. Then turn back off. And after this flash happens, i can no longer get it to turn back on. Mouse does nothing. Keyboard does nothing. Power button does nothing. If i hold the power button to force it to shut down it automatically turns back on. Or if i press the reset button it turns back on just fine. But why is this happening and what can i do to fix it?? Really annoying. I don't want to nore should i have to set it to "never" i want the issue fixed. Not a workaround please. Anyone know what the cause is? My windows is completely up to date.

:)

FrozzenAxe, Sep 10, 2019

2. I want to lock my computer's display orientation as landscape. In Display Settings, I don't find a turn off auto-rotate option.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

You can refer the steps below to turn-off the Auto-rotate settings.

• Go to Search. Type Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Click on Display. Select Advanced displays settings.
    • And check if it present over there.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Sep 10, 2019
  3. jds63 Win User
    Auto rotate and g force

Really needed to list more system specs and information on this issue.So this is assuming you have this and this is the issue.

Why does my screen not rotate?

The auto rotation lock feature is turned on by default in Windows 10. Use the following steps to turn off this feature.

1. Place the tablet into Pad/Tablet mode.
    2. Click the Start
      Computer unresponsive after auto turn off display [​IMG]
      menu
      and select Settings.
    3. Click System.
    4. Click Display.
    5. Scroll down and toggle Lock rotation of this display to OFF.

jds63, Sep 10, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

Computer unresponsive after auto turn off display

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

Computer unresponsive after auto turn off display

1. Computer unresponsive after auto turn off display - Similar Threads - Computer unresponsive auto

2. turn off display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    turn off display: Hi, I have a screen and a tv plugged in my GC. When the TV is off, I would like the corresponding display to be turned off si my mouse don't get lost on a second screen that is not turned on. Normally I would go in the display setting page and turn it off from the...
  3. Monitor will not display anything after computer turns off screen for power saving.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor will not display anything after computer turns off screen for power saving.: My screen is set to the default time to turn off to save power. Just built a new computer. I used the same graphics card, monitor, mouse, and keyboard as my old computer. Unfortunately, it seems something is wrong with the new computer that causes it not to turn back on. The...
  4. Display turns off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Display turns off: My display always turns off after 5 minutes of whatever game I played. My screen shows that it is sleeping, but I can't turn it on, forcing me to restart. I have set my monitor and computer to sleep after 2 hours. Is my computer over-heating, or can I fix this in my...
  5. how to turn off auto updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to turn off auto updates: i do not wish to upgrade my laptop every week because i have minimal space for it and quite frankly do not want to automatically do it is there a way to turn off the automatic updates?...
  6. Turn Computer Off Or Leave It On

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn Computer Off Or Leave It On: I've always turned my computer off when not using it (like anything else: lights, TV, radio, stereo, etc.). Why should the computer be on when I'm asleep, at work, not home for whatever reason, etc.? But now I'm reconsidering that. When I turn the computer on it makes a sound...
  7. iGPU driver crashes when computer turns display off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    iGPU driver crashes when computer turns display off: I have an Acer Aspire 5742G with an i5-480M and a GT 540M and the Intel display driver fails whenever the computer turns the display off after 10min afk no matter what power plan I'm on, it hapenned just now with Sleep Off in the power plan settings, it's just set to turn off...
  8. Cannot turn off auto date

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Cannot turn off auto date: Please forgive my original post,mislaid my glasses so spelling was atrocious. I turned on Auto Date in Word 2016/Office 365,which worked as i expected current date automatically added to new documents. However the problem i have is that the auto date also changes the date...
  9. Monitor/display will not turn off

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor/display will not turn off: Hello everyone. Using the same settings and programs as in my 8.1 installation. Nothing funny, or game-related running in the background (also tried disabling everything possible). The problem is that the monitor will not turn off, either from the Power/Display power-off...
  10. How to lock computer after display turns off ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to lock computer after display turns off ?: I used to have screen-saver set as 'none' and 'on resume, display logon screen', and set the time there the same as the 'display off' option in 'power options'. And that works fine on a PC, no issues there. Now I started using a laptop, and it has different 'display off'...