Windows 10: Computer update battery

Discus and support Computer update battery in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So my laptops is a Lenovo Ideapad S340 windows 10. When I got this laptops, the battery percentage showed inside the big rectangle battery symbol. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AmitojSingh7, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Computer update battery

So my laptops is a Lenovo Ideapad S340 windows 10. When I got this laptops, the battery percentage showed inside the big rectangle battery symbol. But much later my laptop got a update where that percentage did not show and I had to hover over it to see the percentage, then I downloaded something that shows the battery percentage in a little square right next to the battery symbol. I am starting to dislike that, is there any way I can have the battery percentage number in the battery rectangle again ?

Thanks !

:)

AmitojSingh7, Jan 14, 2021

2. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Computer update battery pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

2. Remove the battery.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Computer update battery

Surface Pro 4 Battery issues

If the laptop works without the battery than the charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Install the latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions won't resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to the laptop.

4. When you log in to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

2. Remove the battery.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If the battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

Computer update battery

1. Computer update battery - Similar Threads - Computer update battery

2. Slow battery and performance of computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow battery and performance of computer: I have my computer battery at 100% but when you unplug it will disappear and my computer is really slow. How come this happen even my computer is only a year old. I dont want to buy again. Please help me....
  3. dawdling computer and battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dawdling computer and battery: I have my battery in full charge of 100% once I remove it, the laptop suddenly perform really slow. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dawdling-computer-and-battery/41c06424-f78b-4f59-ab7e-5ba00e344150
  4. dawdling computer and battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dawdling computer and battery: I have my battery in full charge of 100% once I remove it, the laptop suddenly perform really slow. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dawdling-computer-and-battery/41c06424-f78b-4f59-ab7e-5ba00e344150
  5. dawdling computer and battery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. very slow battery and computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    very slow battery and computer: Hello,I have my computer batter at 100,% after unplugging it will disappear and my computer is really slow. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-slow-battery-and-computer/55a9eed7-e071-4e9e-9e8f-801238433b88
  7. very slow battery and computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    very slow battery and computer: Hello,I have my computer batter at 100,% after unplugging it will disappear and my computer is really slow. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-slow-battery-and-computer/55a9eed7-e071-4e9e-9e8f-801238433b88
  8. very slow battery and computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. I updated my computer and the Battery is gone....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I updated my computer and the Battery is gone....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/FlyingDisaster_YT [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fs5irl/i_updated_my_computer_and_the_battery_is_gone/
  10. Computer battery

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer battery: I think I somehow changed the battery charging amount and to not fully charge, thinking that it would make the battery last longer and not get unnecessary charging, but I have it rather low to 60% and would like to know how I can change it if I can? I dont believe it's a...