Windows 10: Computer update blank screen

Discus and support Computer update blank screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; What has microsoft done to my computer!! It worked great last night. It did a 4 hr. update. Now I can't get my computer to work! Need this fixed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MaryLee143, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Computer update blank screen

What has microsoft done to my computer!! It worked great last night. It did a 4 hr. update. Now I can't get my computer to work! Need this fixed immediately! I have work to do here!

:)

MaryLee143, Aug 16, 2019

2. Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Aug 16, 2019
  3. Blank screen

Hi Jim,

To isolate your concern regarding the blank screen you're experiencing after putting your device back to landscape mode, kindly answer the following questions:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you tried to restart the computer? Does the issue still occur?
    • Have you already downloaded the latest updates for the video card of your computer?
    Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Robelene Win, Aug 16, 2019
  4. Computer update blank screen

blank screen

Hi Philip,

Black screen error has many symptoms. Examples are: when you recently updated your computer, there are changes that are still applying during the boot process, and you are in the process of installing a software. To have a better grip on this blank
    screen issue, we’d like to know the following:

• Are you using a Microsoft account or local account?
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error messages? If yes, can you send us a photo?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • How much free space do you have on your hard disk?

In addition, you can visit this link: Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    to start troubleshooting this black screen issue.

We're looking forward to your response.

Johann Eva, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

Computer update blank screen

1. Computer update blank screen - Similar Threads - Computer update blank

2. blank screen on computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    blank screen on computer: I have a Lenovo All in One and while using my screen went blank . Now the only thing that is visible on the black or gray screen is the curser arrow for the mouse and nothing else , Any suggestions ?...
  3. blank screen on computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    blank screen on computer: I have a Lenovo All in One and while using my screen went blank . Now the only thing that is visible on the black or gray screen is the curser arrow for the mouse and nothing else , Any suggestions ?...
  4. blank screen on computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Update screen is blank.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update screen is blank.: I have two PCs. One custom build desktop and one Asus’s laptop. Today I decided to do optional cumulative update. And so I updated my laptop. My laptop showed downloading update, installing and then rebooted successfully. After that, I updated my custom build desktop, it...
  6. Computer is on but has blank screen

Computer is on but has blank screen: So I've been having a problem with my rebuild (reusing my gpu but new cpu, mobo and ram) booting windows. Had the problem that windows 32bit would boot, realised my system could run 64bit so I wiped my ssds and installed windows 64bit. My computer wouldn't boot windows (blank...
  7. Blank screen - update related?

Blank screen - update related?: Hello everywhere. I have a problem with blank screen on my laptop. When I turn on laptop, blank screen immediately appears. After 5th or something 10th time of turning it off (forced - by turn off button) and turning it on - the home screen appears. I have feeling that this...
  8. computer blank after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    computer blank after update: Hello, my son's computer went blank after his windows 10 update. the cursor is still showing any suggestions? thanks, Stacy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-blank-after-update/28727c10-43db-4241-b3f7-656a2771e5f8
  9. computer blank screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    computer blank screen: my sister's computer would not recognize the galaxy j7 plugged into the usb port, so i went to ms and searched for possible reasons why. it linked me to the page that recommends going to hardware and device and follow prompts. so i selected troubleshoot and help prevent comp....
  10. Computer Blank screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer Blank screen: I did a system restore trying to get rid of a program that was accidently install and now I have a blank screen. It says it is doing Automatic repair and when it ends ot says could not fix problems, Gives me advanced options and none of those will work....