Windows 10: computer update not working

Discus and support computer update not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I've been having a problem with my computer so long I think it been 4 months now and the problem is I can't update the computer, and my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RohailBhatti, Apr 19, 2021.

1. computer update not working

Hi, I've been having a problem with my computer so long I think it been 4 months now and the problem is I can't update the computer, and my computer isn't working well with my internet and I cant download anything from the Microsoft store or the box app pls help me.

:)

RohailBhatti, Apr 19, 2021

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Apr 19, 2021
  3. Computer Not Working

It's a laptop and it has a battery so I don't think that will work unless you want me ripping out the battery repeatedly

Nova_DeathStep, Apr 19, 2021
  4. Sher Amo Win User

computer update not working

Computer Not Working

Hi,

Failure to access the Start menu and missing icons can be caused by a corrupted user profile. To isolate your concern, we suggest that you perform the following steps to trigger
    Safe Mode through the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) option and create a new user account. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Improper shutdown process
      • Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo is visible, unplug the power source of your computer. Perform this step three times.
      • On the fourth time that you turn on your computer, just simply wait for the
        Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) window to appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click
      Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the
      F4
      key to start your computer in Safe Mode.

Once you were able to access Safe Mode, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to create a local user or administrator
    account in Windows 10. By doing this, we may identify if this is an account related issue. The link also contains all the necessary information including the step on how to set up a new account in Windows 10.

Give us an update with the outcome.

Sher Amo, Apr 19, 2021
Thema:

computer update not working

1. computer update not working - Similar Threads - computer update working

2. Computer stuck at 97% working on update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer stuck at 97% working on update.: Hi,Computer has been stuck at 97% working on update. I have tried the hard reset and it just gets stuck at 97% again.Is there any other avenue to correct this.Thanks...
  3. New computer with 2 updates not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New computer with 2 updates not working: 2023-02 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 22H2 for x64 KB5022497 is not updating. Install error - 0x800700c1A brand new computer just turned Also unable to update 2023-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based...
  4. New computer with 2 updates not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New computer with 2 updates not working: 2023-02 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 22H2 for x64 KB5022497 is not updating. Install error - 0x800700c1A brand new computer just turned Also unable to update 2023-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based...
  5. computer not working after latest update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer not working after latest update: Firstly appologies if i am posting in the wrong place, Yesterday i did the latest update & now i cant get past the opening screen that asks for the pin code, the reason for this is it looks like all of my usb ports are disabled so i as good as have no mouse or keyboard. I...
  6. Computer not working after updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer not working after updates: I reset my pc, everything was working until I did windows update. Now search, start, internet browser and cortana won't work, been struggling for 3 days now. Had to send message from my cell phone as I can't get into internet browser, also won't read disc's. The Store doesn't...
  7. Computer not working properly after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer not working properly after update: Hi, I did an update for Windows 10 version 2004. I was prompted to restart my computer and then after starting up again, my background photo was a generic/default and it was telling me there was an issue logging into my account. So it asked me to reenter my pin, and told me...
  8. Computer not working after Windows update

Computer not working after Windows update: Sorry for bothering you but ever since I installed the latest Windows update my computer has not been working at all. I can't open many programs, I can't end programs in the task manager, I can't install programs, I can't uninstall programs, and programs I had activated on my...
  9. Computer updated now not working.

Computer updated now not working.: Hope someone can help. I hate windows 10. Dont use this computer much & its brand new. Turned it on & its in a “safe mode”. Read all these blogs & it must have been an update that caused this. I finally found my Bitlocker key & its not working. My warranty just expired and i...
  10. Computer Half-works After Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Half-works After Update: I was on the fast insider downloads, but when I updated to the Fall Creators Update my computer would restart every 15 minutes, over and over again. So I rolled it back to pre-update, and quit the Insiders' program. Yesterday my computer updated on its own, and now only...