Windows 10: Computer Update Question?

Discus and support Computer Update Question? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I recently update my computer KB4552925 on my lenovo T440s and I noticed quite a few interesting changes. First of all my search bar has changed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by E HAI, Jun 24, 2020.

1. E HAI Win User

Computer Update Question?

So I recently update my computer KB4552925 on my lenovo T440s and I noticed quite a few interesting changes. First of all my search bar has changed from saying "Type here to search" to saying "Start a search" . Along with this the security login image changed from a normal looking image like this

Computer Update Question? 582640cf-5564-4be2-a2ac-761860703840?upload=true.jpg

to an image that now looks like this blurry image:

Computer Update Question? [​IMG]

This is among a bunch of other weird small changes that I only noticed on my computer and not on my sisters computer. It is making me wonder if my computer has been hacked or if these things are normal and whether or not I should reinstall the OS.

:)

E HAI, Jun 24, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Computer Update Question? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 24, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Jun 24, 2020
  4. Computer Update Question?

Computer update

For what? And what will this computer be used for?

Bill_Bright, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

Computer Update Question?

1. Computer Update Question? - Similar Threads - Computer Update Question

2. Computer login question.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer login question.: If the Microsoft account linked to my computer was compromised, and I can't remember the password to my computer, is it possible to factory reset it? I know My buddy factory reset his computer, but needed the current Microsoft account info/passwordAdditionally, if my email...
  3. Computer Questions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer Questions: I have a bunch of questions actually that have been building up. 1. What does it mean when I am logging off my home computer windows XP and it says "warning someone else is using this computer?" Is someone actually using my computer remotely because I am the only one here? Is...
  4. Computer in question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer in question: There are different computer names in our directory group. We need to configure and remove that in our active list however we cant find those names in our list. We are a little bit lost here....
  5. Computer in question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer in question: There are different computer names in our directory group. We need to configure and remove that in our active list however we cant find those names in our list. We are a little bit lost here....
  6. Computer in question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. A computer question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A computer question: My cmputer is makeing noise, my CPU Fans is runing at 777 Rpm and 1st systems fan is 421 Rpm. My op temp seems to be normal Is this normal or is my Fans failing? Sorry I know this not a Win10 question I just thought someone could help...
  8. A computer question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A computer question: My cmputer is makeing noise, my CPU Fans is runing at 777 Rpm and 1st systems fan is 421 Rpm. My op temp seems to be normal Is this normal or is my Fans failing? Sorry I know this not a Win10 question I just thought someone could help...
  9. A computer question

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Computer Reset Question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer Reset Question: My computer: Toshiba laptop, Windows 10 pro I've reset my device several times to factory settings in the recent past. My question is: Is it possible to reset a computer too many times and cause problems, or is there some sort of limitation? So far, I've not experienced any...