Windows 10: COMPUTER UPDATED FROM WINDOWS 7 TO WINDOWS 10 CANNOT GET PRINTER WORKING

Discus and support COMPUTER UPDATED FROM WINDOWS 7 TO WINDOWS 10 CANNOT GET PRINTER WORKING in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have recently had my computer upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10.My printer will not now work.I have a CANON PIXMA iP1900 printer .When I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SueCurtin, Jan 30, 2020.

1. SueCurtin Win User

COMPUTER UPDATED FROM WINDOWS 7 TO WINDOWS 10 CANNOT GET PRINTER WORKING

I have recently had my computer upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10.My printer will not now work.I have a CANON PIXMA iP1900 printer .When I try to print nothing happens.When I go into settings for the printer it says that mine is no longer connected.Any suggestions on how to fix this.

:)

SueCurtin, Jan 30, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 30, 2020
  3. OrbitzXT Win User
    Office Printer & Windows 7

Most of the computers in my offices at work have Windows XP on them at the moment. I'm slowly converting them over to Windows 7 but have hit a bit of a roadblock. We have this big printer/scanner/copier in the front that is connected to the office network, so for example you can scan a bunch of documents and have the PDFs sent to a particular computer. I have a Windows 7 computer all set up, but the PDF is not reaching the computer after it scans.

I imagine there is something I'm doing wrong with the sharing process on the Windows 7 computer. Enabling sharing is pretty easy on XP, I thought I had everything set up on Windows 7 for sharing but apparently not. Any thoughts on what I can check to get this working?

OrbitzXT, Jan 30, 2020
  4. COMPUTER UPDATED FROM WINDOWS 7 TO WINDOWS 10 CANNOT GET PRINTER WORKING

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

COMPUTER UPDATED FROM WINDOWS 7 TO WINDOWS 10 CANNOT GET PRINTER WORKING

1. COMPUTER UPDATED FROM WINDOWS 7 TO WINDOWS 10 CANNOT GET PRINTER WORKING - Similar Threads - COMPUTER UPDATED CANNOT

2. Cannot print from Windows 10. Printer works properly.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot print from Windows 10. Printer works properly.: Everywhere I try to print from, when I click the print button the page becomes slow then it comes back with a message saying this document cannot print. There are no problems with the printer. I restarted the computer, the driver is up to date, I reinstalled the printer....
  3. Cannot see printer on wireless network from Windows 10 computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot see printer on wireless network from Windows 10 computer: I moved to a new house and set up a new Google Nest wifi network with 2 additional points. I kept the network SSID the same so I wouldn't have to reconfigure all of our internet devices. We were able to print to our wireless printer using our iPad and iPhones. However, my...
  4. we cannot get our printer, fax to work with Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    we cannot get our printer, fax to work with Windows 10.: Tried printing and faxing, but does not work any more. Help! \ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-cannot-get-our-printer-fax-to-work-with-windows/5ccc6e38-34ae-4d5e-b868-4a7a74d96728
  5. Printer driver not working after update from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Printer driver not working after update from Windows 7 to Windows 10: After i upgraded my Windows 7 Pro system to Windows 10 Pro, my Epson EPL-6200L printers doesn't work. It is displayed in device manager window, with 0xBC8 status in driver installation. If i try to install any driver, windows 7 "impossible to install because main driver is...
  6. Printer driver not working after update from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Printer driver not working after update from Windows 7 to Windows 10: After i upgraded my Windows 7 Pro system to Windows 10 Pro, my Epson EPL-6200L printers doesn't work. It is displayed in device manager window, with 0xBC8 status in driver installation. If i try to install any driver, windows 7 "impossible to install because main driver is...
  7. cannot upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 on my computer

cannot upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 on my computer: I have been trying to install windows 10 on my laptop which is currently running windows 7 pro i keep getting the error code 0x80070005 - 2000a I am not sure how to get around this if anyone can help that would be great....
  8. Updating my computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Updating my computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10: Everytime I try to update my computer to Windows 10 it keeps saying I need more space. I've deleted everything but it keeps saying it needs more space. It's mostly the System and Reserved. I can't delete the system and reserved though. What do I do now? I've been trying since...
  9. Cannot network a Windows 10 computer with a Windows 7 computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot network a Windows 10 computer with a Windows 7 computer: I want the ability to have my Windows 10 computer access files on my Windows 7 computer. I used to have this capability but then I had to reinstall Windows 10 and now, without Homegroup capability, I can no longer have my Windows 10 computer access files on my Windows 7...
  10. Share a printer from windows 10 to windows 7

Share a printer from windows 10 to windows 7: I am using windows 10 in two computers & other one use windows 7. I have install and use printer on one windows 10 computer and it is shared. I can use these shared printer on other windows 10 computer but can't use it in windows 7 computer. Can i solve this problem....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. printer problem 0x80070005