Windows 10: Computer updated on it's own with auto-updates turned off, and now I have no sound!

Discus and support Computer updated on it's own with auto-updates turned off, and now I have no sound! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am ready to smash my computer to TINY LITTLE BITS! I cannot do my work without sound! I checked everything, rolled back the driver, checked the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/noisyturtle, Feb 13, 2020 at 4:57 PM.

1. Computer updated on it's own with auto-updates turned off, and now I have no sound!

I am ready to smash my computer to TINY LITTLE BITS! I cannot do my work without sound! I checked everything, rolled back the driver, checked the cables. It says it's working in the sound settings and even shows the equalizer moving, BUT STILL I GET NO DAMN SOUND AT ALL!!

submitted by /u/noisyturtle
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/noisyturtle, Feb 13, 2020 at 4:57 PM
  2. Kreij Win User

Microsoft Auto-Updates Components of Windows Without User Permission

The nine files that are updated all have to do with the Auto-Updater itself.
    The article lists them all. No big deal.

I run auto-update anyway, so BRING ON THE NEW UPDATES !!!
    I have yet to experience any problems from MS updates on my XP network.

3. XP auto update thingy

ive been running XP for several months now without a fresh install and all has been well. as most people do i auto update running. today one of the auto updates came up and it wont go away. it says its installing but then pops back up and keeps installing it. ive rebooted and it still comes up saying it needs to update my machine. any ideas? i might just turn auto update off.

4. Computer updated on it's own with auto-updates turned off, and now I have no sound!

XP auto update thingy

is it the same update? some take a while to install. also ms just released a bunch of them so it may take a while.

Thema:

Computer updated on it's own with auto-updates turned off, and now I have no sound!

1. Computer updated on it's own with auto-updates turned off, and now I have no sound! - Similar Threads - Computer updated own

2. windows updated and now I have no sound

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows updated and now I have no sound: Yesterday, Windows installed updates KB4528759, KB4517389 & KB4515871 on my laptop and now I have no sound. Any help much appreciated. 149338
  3. Computer turn off while updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer turn off while updating: Hello so i wanted to install new version of Windows which is 1909 I am on 1803 whenever i try to do it, it come to 21 % and then my computer shut down and doesn't start again. I recently bought new power supply and computer never turn off, only while its updating. I did sfc...
  4. How do I turn OFF windows auto update

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I turn OFF windows auto update: Windows update keeps trying to update the same update that was installed already. I is a 1 hour process to install and remove when it will not install properly. I have been thru this 6 times and am tired of it! How do I turn it off of limit downloads that I choose to install?...
  5. Windows 10 auto updates when auto update is turned off!

Windows 10 auto updates when auto update is turned off!: I have a seriou issue. i use windows 10 on a bootcamp macbook pro. i have an external eGPU running an AMD card and i used particular drivers. i only use windows 10 to play 1 game and nothing else. the last updates makes my monitors not work anymore. The drivers do not...
  6. Turn off auto updates for Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turn off auto updates for Windows Defender: I'm using win10 pro 1803. How to turn off auto updates for Windows Defender ? Thanks. 139783
  7. Updating; do not turn off your computer

Updating; do not turn off your computer: I got Windows updates and had to restart the computer. When I did it told me the process was 100 percent complete but it just kept going and going. So the process was not complete. Can't they give me percentages that increase over time, like after that first process is...
  8. how to turn off auto updates

how to turn off auto updates: i do not wish to upgrade my laptop every week because i have minimal space for it and quite frankly do not want to automatically do it is there a way to turn off the automatic updates?...
  9. Can I Turn Off Updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I Turn Off Updates?: In the past week I've been inundated with updates that have nearly rendered my laptop useless for online use. It's running much slower and continuously tries to install a failing update, shutting down several times a day to do it. And can I find a way to uninstall Groove...
  10. Sound when turning off computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound when turning off computer: Hello Tenforums! Simple question, every time I turn off my computer and the Windows 10 "Shutting Down" window comes up, I get a noise just before it fully shuts down, I checked if it was a sound that was set but there's no "shutting off" or "log out" sound, and I THINK...