Windows 10: Computer updated on it's own with auto-updates turned off, and now I have no sound!

Discus and support Computer updated on it's own with auto-updates turned off, and now I have no sound! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am ready to smash my computer to TINY LITTLE BITS! I cannot do my work without sound! I checked everything, rolled back the driver, checked the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/noisyturtle, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Computer updated on it's own with auto-updates turned off, and now I have no sound!

I am ready to smash my computer to TINY LITTLE BITS! I cannot do my work without sound! I checked everything, rolled back the driver, checked the cables. It says it's working in the sound settings and even shows the equalizer moving, BUT STILL I GET NO DAMN SOUND AT ALL!!

submitted by /u/noisyturtle
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/noisyturtle, Feb 13, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Microsoft Auto-Updates Components of Windows Without User Permission

The nine files that are updated all have to do with the Auto-Updater itself.
    The article lists them all. No big deal.

I run auto-update anyway, so BRING ON THE NEW UPDATES !!!
    I have yet to experience any problems from MS updates on my XP network.

Kreij, Feb 13, 2020
  3. XP auto update thingy

ive been running XP for several months now without a fresh install and all has been well. as most people do i auto update running. today one of the auto updates came up and it wont go away. it says its installing but then pops back up and keeps installing it. ive rebooted and it still comes up saying it needs to update my machine. any ideas? i might just turn auto update off.

Easy Rhino, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Computer updated on it's own with auto-updates turned off, and now I have no sound!

XP auto update thingy

is it the same update? some take a while to install. also ms just released a bunch of them so it may take a while.

kwchang007, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Computer updated on it's own with auto-updates turned off, and now I have no sound!

1. Computer updated on it's own with auto-updates turned off, and now I have no sound! - Similar Threads - Computer updated own

2. Win10 updating when I’ve turned off auto updates.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 updating when I’ve turned off auto updates.: I have a shop computer with Windows 10. It runs a CNC machine. I have disabled auto updates. The computer is connected to WiFi to facilitate moving files created in the office. Half way through a 10 hour job, I noticed at the CNC machine had stopped. The monitor on the...
  3. Auto updates in windows store are turned off, but they still auto update, and pretty...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto updates in windows store are turned off, but they still auto update, and pretty...: So since game pass allows mods for games now I have a mod for a game which is the only reason I play it in the first place (adds 20x more content). However, this mod requires version 1.2 and the current version is 1.4. Do I seriously have to completely delete my game and...
  4. Restarted computer to install update, now computer turns on and off continuously

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restarted computer to install update, now computer turns on and off continuously: I'm not sure what update it was, but I told it to go ahead and restart...but it never came back on after the restart. My computer turns on and off repeatedly, I cannot start it in safe mode, I cannot do anything...it just turns on and off over and over every few seconds....
  5. Turn off auto update.

Turn off auto update.: This last update took out my sound and some programs stopped working. Is there a way to turn off updates besides scheduling them a month out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-auto-update/3585d437-9248-4340-8356-49c85a747ff2
  6. windows updated and now I have no sound

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows updated and now I have no sound: Yesterday, Windows installed updates KB4528759, KB4517389 & KB4515871 on my laptop and now I have no sound. Any help much appreciated. 149338
  7. How do I turn OFF windows auto update

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I turn OFF windows auto update: Windows update keeps trying to update the same update that was installed already. I is a 1 hour process to install and remove when it will not install properly. I have been thru this 6 times and am tired of it! How do I turn it off of limit downloads that I choose to install?...
  8. Windows 10 auto updates when auto update is turned off!

Windows 10 auto updates when auto update is turned off!: I have a seriou issue. i use windows 10 on a bootcamp macbook pro. i have an external eGPU running an AMD card and i used particular drivers. i only use windows 10 to play 1 game and nothing else. the last updates makes my monitors not work anymore. The drivers do not...
  9. Turn off auto updates for Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turn off auto updates for Windows Defender: I'm using win10 pro 1803. How to turn off auto updates for Windows Defender ? Thanks. 139783
  10. how to turn off auto updates

how to turn off auto updates: i do not wish to upgrade my laptop every week because i have minimal space for it and quite frankly do not want to automatically do it is there a way to turn off the automatic updates?...