Windows 10: Computer useless after Windows 10 update

Discus and support Computer useless after Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; AGAIN! A recent windows 10 update has left my computer useless! Can't type, mouse gone crazy. Tried many online solutions. HELP!!!!!!!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mrz333, Mar 18, 2019.

1. mrz333 Win User

Computer useless after Windows 10 update

AGAIN! A recent windows 10 update has left my computer useless! Can't type, mouse gone crazy. Tried many online solutions. HELP!!!!!!!

:)

mrz333, Mar 18, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 18, 2019
  3. RCoon Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

How to stop Windows 10 from automatically installing new and updated drivers constantly (particularly for GPU users with stable drivers)

• Right click "My Computer"
    • Click "Properties"
    • Click on "Hardware" tab
    • Click "Device Installation Settings"
    • Tick the "No, let me choose what to do"
    • Tick "Never install driver software from Windows Update"

RCoon, Mar 18, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Computer useless after Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Computer useless update

2. My laptop is useless after windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is useless after windows 11 update: If you guys are not sure whether to upgrade to windows 11, then don’t! My laptop meets all the requirements for the update and ever since I’ve done it it’s full of bugs like randomly shutting off or just slow. Today i’ve been waiting for my laptop to turn on for about 40-50...
  3. My laptop is useless after windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is useless after windows 11 update: If you guys are not sure whether to upgrade to windows 11, then don’t! My laptop meets all the requirements for the update and ever since I’ve done it it’s full of bugs like randomly shutting off or just slow. Today i’ve been waiting for my laptop to turn on for about 40-50...
  4. Useless and harmful processes in Windows 10 for the computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Useless and harmful processes in Windows 10 for the computer.: I am an ordinary gamer. I purchased Windows 10 only because I need to install an MMO game that I play with my friends who are living in different parts of this planet. When I turn on my computer, I open the Google browser, check Google Mail, read Google News, and then launch...
  5. Useless and harmful processes in Windows 10 for the computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Useless and harmful processes in Windows 10 for the computer.: I am an ordinary gamer. I purchased Windows 10 only because I need to install an MMO game that I play with my friends who are living in different parts of this planet. When I turn on my computer, I open the Google browser, check Google Mail, read Google News, and then launch...
  6. Useless and harmful processes in Windows 10 for the computer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. useless update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    useless update: why was this update forced on people ? half the websites are blocked all of a sudden. this "new" version is garbage , not user friendly to try to undue all the changes it did . you should just bring back the old explorer version. how do you unblock the internet...
  8. MY LAPTOP IS NOW USELESS AFTER UPDATE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MY LAPTOP IS NOW USELESS AFTER UPDATE: My laptop updated and today when I turned it on there is no Edge logo down the side and the task bar has gone. I cannot do anything with it. But I can log on to and watch Sky Go so I know there is nothing wrong with the laptop itself. The update has killed my laptop....
  9. Basically a Useless Computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Basically a Useless Computer: I Bought a new comupter and basically I installed something on the AMD website which caused some errors. I was able to fix it but when I restarted apparently a file got corrupted. I have tried everything. And I mean everything to fix this. I can't boot windows. I can even...
  10. Windows 10 update - left my PC useless

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update - left my PC useless: Dear Microsoft I upgraded to Windows 10 sometime ago and on and off had a few problems when updates happened - usually the Edge not working and then the next update would happen and the Edge would work. Back in late May early June a Windows 10 update message happened and...