Windows 10: Computer very slow.

Discus and support Computer very slow. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I recently updated my computer to Windows 10, but this problem existed before the upgrade. Basically, when I start my computer it will get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Dharty, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Dharty Win User

Computer very slow.

I recently updated my computer to Windows 10, but this problem existed before the upgrade. Basically, when I start my computer it will get progressively louder and run slowly. My CPU usage is running consistently at 99%. When I go to check task manager, the thing using the most of my CPU is Windows host process (Rundll32). The thing is, I have 2 of those, they each run just under 50% of CPU usage. I have never heard someone talk about that before. If someone could help me out, that would be fantastic. My computer is a HP Pavillion P6000, 16 GB RAM, and AM Phenom II X2 511 Processor. If you need more info just ask, I'm not sure what to give exactly.

:)

Dharty, Aug 10, 2015

2. computer very slow

Ihave limited experience of computers (silver surfer) but windows 10 is very slow I have checked all updates and I managed to do a defrag but no difference

teddavies943, Aug 10, 2015
  3. Alberto Giura (AlbyTech), Aug 10, 2015
  4. batlhilz Win User

Computer very slow.

might be virus, could you check the rundlls with this software and see if theres anything suspicious? Process Explorer

batlhilz, Aug 10, 2015
  5. Dharty Win User
    Well, It may be a temporary fix, but I just ended the task for them both and my computer is working perfectly fine. Better than ever actually. Thanks for the help though!

Dharty, Aug 11, 2015
  6. jds63 Win User
    Know what exactly you stopped running, did not mention it ?

jds63, Aug 11, 2015
  7. Dharty Win User
    Yeah I just went to task manager and ended the task for both of the Rundll32. My computer is running faster than ever and it doesn't sound like it's about to explode anymore.

Dharty, Aug 11, 2015
  8. jds63 Win User

Computer very slow.

Yes but as other member showed you to use the Process Explorer, you also need to identify the process using it, not just end it in task manager as will be a good chance will renable itself on reboot or eventually, look here http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...is-it-running/

jds63, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Computer very slow.

1. Computer very slow. - Similar Threads - Computer very slow

2. Computer working very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer working very slow: please see below--- this is how I have the docking station with an external hard drive for MY computer. I would like to do the same for my wife's computer bu using that Hard drive you see that was taken out of an older computer for situations like this. I was thinking by...
  3. Computer working very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer working very slow: hello to all-- I have been speaking with someone about this problem and would appreciate more advice and help :My wife's computer Hard Drive capacity is about 500GB and what is free on it is 165 GB. She has NO other drives and it is an older machine maybe 5-7 years old at...
  4. Computer working very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer working very slow: hello to all-- I have been speaking with someone about this problem and would appreciate more advice and help :My wife's computer Hard Drive capacity is about 500GB and what is free on it is 165 GB. She has NO other drives and it is an older machine maybe 5-7 years old at...
  5. very slow battery and computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    very slow battery and computer: Hello,I have my computer batter at 100,% after unplugging it will disappear and my computer is really slow. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-slow-battery-and-computer/55a9eed7-e071-4e9e-9e8f-801238433b88
  6. very slow battery and computer

very slow battery and computer: Hello,I have my computer batter at 100,% after unplugging it will disappear and my computer is really slow. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-slow-battery-and-computer/55a9eed7-e071-4e9e-9e8f-801238433b88
  7. Computer VERY slow on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer VERY slow on startup: Good afternoon.When starting up my desktop it takes quite a long time for me to be able to perform the simplest of tasks. Can you please remote assist and look in to what may be causing this?Kind regards.David Charlesworth...
  8. Computer is running very slow

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer is running very slow: My computer is running very slow and sometimes it does not to respond at all. And this happen after I watch adult content movies. Please help. AB Mavhungu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/computer-is-running-very-slow/ebca2912-84c8-4e15-8ea0-bc01844e2c4a
  9. Very very slow computer

Very very slow computer: My laptop Dell Inspiron 13 5000 series became very very slow in running all applications etc since last 2 weeks. It started after installing few window updates. How to get out of it. Please help....
  10. Computer Very Slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer Very Slow: Hello guys im having a problem i was using windows 8.1 and recently just upgraded to windows 10..now the problem is my computer is very very very slow.so slow that it takes 4/5Hours to copy 1G file..it was working fine when i was using windows 8.1.My pc specs is i7 7700k and...