Windows 10: Computer wakes from hibernation by itself

Discus and support Computer wakes from hibernation by itself in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It is happening around 6:00 AM every morning. Oddly it does not seem to be the exact same time. I have seemingly tried every obvious solution. 105084 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jwblue, Feb 26, 2018.

1. jwblue Win User

Computer wakes from hibernation by itself

It is happening around 6:00 AM every morning. Oddly it does not seem to be the exact same time.

I have seemingly tried every obvious solution.

:)

jwblue, Feb 26, 2018
  2. 'Mike P Win User

Windows 10 Updates

Let it go to sleep mode it will wake and do it.

Let it go into hibernate mode, if newer it will wake and do it.

Why not just restart the PC and let it start doing the update before or when you go to bed. It can do it and turn itself off with sleep 30 minutes later then it will automatically hibernate(power off) 3 hrs after.

Newer pc's can wake at 3am, older pc's will not wake from hibernate & the next time you turn it on it will do the update.

'Mike P, Feb 26, 2018
  3. DAVEMAL Win User
    pc wakes up itself

Since my windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 my pc wakes up by itself after a minute in hibernate mode.

DAVEMAL, Feb 26, 2018
  4. Computer wakes from hibernation by itself

It would help the experts give you the help you need if you told them a bit more about what machine you have and just what are the obvious solutions you've tried.

It may be installing updates at that time but without a bit more information from you it could be any number of things.

Joan Archer, Feb 26, 2018
  5. jwblue Win User
    I changed the Windows Update active hours from 10:00 PM to 8:00 AM. It wakes around 6:00 AM every morning.

There is a tool that allows me to find out the reason the computer woke. I ran the tool and no reason was given.

jwblue, Feb 26, 2018
  6. Kurtosis Win User
    I have this happen occasionally as well. It happens after an update needs to be installed and you haven't' rebooted your computer. Reboot the computer and it should fix the issue.

Kurtosis, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Computer wakes from hibernation by itself

1. Computer wakes from hibernation by itself - Similar Threads - Computer wakes hibernation

2. Updates waking my computer from hibernate

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates waking my computer from hibernate: Windows update turns my computer on from hibernate during the middle of the night Worse it often then force restarts my computer potentially resulting in lost data (I only ever put it in hibernate when I want everything to still be open when I turn it back on) I could...
  3. Computer freezes while hibernating, wakes itself up from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer freezes while hibernating, wakes itself up from sleep: I've had this problem before where Windows would freeze while hibernating, but had fixed it twice (once it was because a program was trying to access something that wasn't connected by the power supply any more, once because hiberfile.sys was too small), but now it's back...
  4. Windows 10 will wake itself from Hibernate or Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 will wake itself from Hibernate or Sleep mode: I have a laptop and desktop computer running windows 10. Both devices I like to keep in Hibernate or Sleep mode so I can quickly return to where I left my PC. I will put them in sleep/hibernate mode and leave my computer to go to work or go to bed. I'll come home some...
  5. Computer keeps waking itself from hibernation with this weird thing in Event Viewer

Computer keeps waking itself from hibernation with this weird thing in Event Viewer: My event viewer is filled with errors and information about some application called MultiAntennaSVC. I've searched google and these forums for whatever this is and cannot find it. Someone please help me figure out how to get rid of or fix this issue. It says "The...
  6. System waking from hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    System waking from hibernate: I have used gpedit.msc to set Enable Windows Update Power Management to disabled but still I come back to my laptop after hibernating it and find it is awake and that powercfg -lastwake shows: C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg -lastwake Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0]...
  7. Computer won't wake from hibernation mode

Computer won't wake from hibernation mode: I have a HP spectre computer, and it doesn't wake up from hibernation. I have tried ti use the windows button + x, but nothing happens! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wont-wake-from-hibernation-mode/407dbe9f-b137-493f-80f7-7808dad92efd
  8. Wake from hibernation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wake from hibernation: My system goes into Hibernate mode in 180 minutes when I don’t use it and I have to wake it up by pressing the power button. The problem is that I use my laptop mainly as a desktop machine and need to lift the lid and press the button often. Is there any way to wake up the...
  9. Computer Wakes from Sleep/Hibernation

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Wakes from Sleep/Hibernation: Hello, My computer keeps waking when I put it to sleep and I can't determine the cause. How do I find out the reason it woke up, and how do I force it to ignore this event in future? I have a feeling it's one of my peripherals, but I can't be sure. Thank you! 45576
  10. Can't stop machine waking itself from hibernation

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't stop machine waking itself from hibernation: My desktop machine keeps waking itself up from hibernation, usually during the night, despite my having taken all reasonable steps to stop it. I have: disabled waking on network, mouse and RTC in BIOS setup disabled wake on mouse and network in device manager (and checked...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer automatically wakes from hibernation

2. windows 10 wakes up computer from hibernation itself

3. windows 10 wakes from hibernation

4. 1903 hibernation wakes computer,
  5. pc randomly wakes up during hibernation,
  6. my pc wakes up from hibernation randomly,
  7. windows 10 wakes up from hibernate by itself,
  8. how to prevent my pc from waking up from hibernation by itself,
  9. can a windows 10 computer turn itself on during hibernation?