Windows 10: Computer wakes from sleep automatically every night

Discus and support Computer wakes from sleep automatically every night in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I put my computer to sleep before going to bed, but the signon screen is brightly lit every morning. Furthermore, when I launch Windows Update, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by gwfME, Jul 4, 2019.

1. gwfME Win User

Computer wakes from sleep automatically every night

I put my computer to sleep before going to bed, but the signon screen is brightly lit every morning. Furthermore, when I launch Windows Update, it never seems to finish searching for new updates. In searching for a cause of the waking, I have come across the following potentially useful information. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

>powercfg -lastwake
    Wake History Count - 1
    Wake History [0]
    Wake Source Count - 1
    Wake Source [0]
    Type: Wake Timer
    Owner: [SERVICE] \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\System32\svchost.exe (SystemEventsBroker)
    Owner Supplied Reason: Windows will execute 'NT TASK\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\Universal Orchestrator Start' scheduled task that requested waking the computer.

Computer wakes from sleep automatically every night 036e65b4-a0fe-46ae-9090-50cc99ffed16?upload=true.jpg

***Modified title from: windows 10 wakes from sleep EVERY night and the screen stays on until morning***

:)

gwfME, Jul 4, 2019
  2. John Sarc Win User

computer wake-up after sleep

Hi Bill,

There's a possibility that the settings that enables your Space bar to wake your computer up from sleep was reset after updating Windows. If this what had happened, we suggest that you just re-set it up. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Press Windows key and type keyboard in.
    • Click on Keyboard option and a pop-up windows should show up.
    • From there, go to > Hardware tab > Properties >
      Change settings > Power management > Allow this device to wake the computer >
      OK/Apply.

Try the if the steps did work and let us know any updates.

John Sarc, Jul 4, 2019
  3. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 4, 2019
  4. Computer wakes from sleep automatically every night

computer wake-up after sleep

Did all the steps exactly as shown above and "Allow this device to wake the computer" was already selected.

I think you might have miss-understood the problem. It appears that the computer is waking up, but it doesn't re-connect to my display. I have to turn off the display and turn it back on to get my display to to re-connect. This was not a problem prior to
    the last Win 10 upgrade.

Bill McCormick_5407, Jul 4, 2019
Thema:

Computer wakes from sleep automatically every night

1. Computer wakes from sleep automatically every night - Similar Threads - Computer wakes sleep

2. Computer wakes from sleep automatically every morning

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer wakes from sleep automatically every morning: Hello,every morning at 5:26 my computer wakes up from hibernation. But I'm not sure why this happens. I tried:> powercfg -devicequery wake_armedNONE>powercfg -lastwakeWake History Count - 1Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 0I looked at Task Scheduler Library, but there...
  3. Computer wakes from sleep automatically every morning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer wakes from sleep automatically every morning: Hello,every morning at 5:26 my computer wakes up from hibernation. But I'm not sure why this happens. I tried:> powercfg -devicequery wake_armedNONE>powercfg -lastwakeWake History Count - 1Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 0I looked at Task Scheduler Library, but there...
  4. Computer wakes from sleep automatically every morning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. UpdateOrchestrator keeps waking computer up from sleep every night

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    UpdateOrchestrator keeps waking computer up from sleep every night: Hello all, so first things first: My computer is up to date. So I've been wrestling with this problem for the past week. My computer will not stay asleep all night and wakes itself up every night. Really wouldn't be an issue except that it doesn't go back to sleep. It just...
  6. Laptop wakes from sleep in the middle of the night

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop wakes from sleep in the middle of the night: [ATTACH] My battery settings are mostly default, and I noticed that if I leave the notebook in sleep in the night it automatically wakes at some times. This definitely has to do with hibernation, which I changed to 120 and increased the frequency of the wake-ups....
  7. PC wakes from sleep during the night

in Windows 10 Support
    PC wakes from sleep during the night: My pc have been waking from sleep, usually just minutes after putting it to sleep. Is there an easy way to figure out what device is causing it from the lastwake below, without having to go through the device manager? Because I looked there but can't find it. Alternatively,...
  8. Laptop waking up from sleep at night

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop waking up from sleep at night: I tried following this post, but when I execute this command: powercfg/waketimers, I get a different result: C:\Windows\system32>powercfg/waketimers Timer set by [PROCESS]...
  9. computer wakes from sleep at night time

in Windows 10 Support
    computer wakes from sleep at night time: Each morning when I wake up, my computer is on, rather than in sleep mode, as I left it. I have disabled the power of the mouse to wake it. What else can I try to fix this problem? 24004
  10. computer automatically wakes up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    computer automatically wakes up from sleep: Hi. I've searched the board and found many similar problems to mine, but nothing exactly like it, and as such I haven't been able to fix it. When put in sleep mode, my computer automatically wakes up at a set time. I have disabled wake timers in the power menu, I have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop comes out of sleep automatically wakeup source Timer- windows will execute NT Task\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchester