Windows 10: Computer wakes itself from sleep ONLY when I manually put it to sleep. When it auto-sleeps...

Discus and support Computer wakes itself from sleep ONLY when I manually put it to sleep. When it auto-sleeps... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Pretty much the title but I'll expand a bit. If I manually put the computer to sleep, the computer will wake itself up after about 10-15 minutes. If... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/twelvepillarscup, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Computer wakes itself from sleep ONLY when I manually put it to sleep. When it auto-sleeps...

Pretty much the title but I'll expand a bit. If I manually put the computer to sleep, the computer will wake itself up after about 10-15 minutes. If the computer auto-sleeps, (currently configured to sleep after 30 minutes of inactivity) it will not wake itself up but stays asleep as it should. This is making me crazy! What is the difference of me manually putting it to sleep versus it auto-sleeping that one wakes itself up and the other doesn't?!

submitted by /u/twelvepillarscup
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/twelvepillarscup, Sep 11, 2020

2. Computer Wakes Up From Sleep And Goes Back To Sleep?

Hmm, lazy computer! *Roll Eyes Computer wakes itself from sleep ONLY when I manually put it to sleep. When it auto-sleeps... :rolleyes:

Sorry for that stupid line, I couldn't resist. *Frown Computer wakes itself from sleep ONLY when I manually put it to sleep. When it auto-sleeps... :(

Maybe you have something configured to sleep when idle. Check that on your power settings.

Blue-Knight, Sep 11, 2020
  3. Londer2 Win User
    windows 10 Freezes on Auto sleep --- manual sleep works

I just purchase a new Omen 875 with i9-9900, 2080ti, 32 gb ram, 512 m2 SSD harddrive with windows 10 64 bit

I am having trouble with the sleep function. Everything else seems to be working fine. Initially I was able to manually set the computer to sleep without issue. But if the computer sits to the time set for sleep it freezes. Screen is off, computer case
    lights and fan are on ( they turn off when I manually hit sleep). After the first the computer froze on auto- sleep, I was not able to manually put it sleep.

I then found Tripper_68 Windows 10 does not shutdown/sleep/hibernate

Initially after doing this change, it allowed me to manually put the computer to sleep and would wake up normally when I move the mouse/ keyboard. But the same thing would happen with auto sleep, it would freeze.

I then went to windows up date again and drivers update again.

Currently manual sleep seems to be working, but auto-sleep again freezes the computer where I have to hard reset.

Any other tips/ suggestions? This seems to be a windows 10 problem, because this is the 2nd m2 ssd hardrive I am using and same issue.

Londer2, Sep 11, 2020
  4. donli Win User

Computer wakes itself from sleep ONLY when I manually put it to sleep. When it auto-sleeps...

sleep activates auto sleep

After starting up no automatic sleep, display stays turned on (all power options NEVER, all BIOS options DISABLE)

When turning computer to sleep manually (standby S3 available) it goes sleep and wakes up normally.

AND then after two minutes goes to automatic sleep, wakes up normally.

After restarting computer no automatic sleep.

Any ideas what triggers auto sleep?

donli, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Computer wakes itself from sleep ONLY when I manually put it to sleep. When it auto-sleeps...

1. Computer wakes itself from sleep ONLY when I manually put it to sleep. When it auto-sleeps... - Similar Threads - Computer wakes itself

2. BSOD when waking computer from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when waking computer from sleep: Hi, I need help with my pc. I am using a laptop with Windows 11 Home Ryzen 5500U, I keep getting blue screen while using my laptop, this usually happens when waking the pc after sleep and when I am on battery only. most of the time the error says Stop code:...
  3. BSOD when waking computer from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when waking computer from sleep: Hi, I need help with my pc. I am using a laptop with Windows 11 Home Ryzen 5500U, I keep getting blue screen while using my laptop, this usually happens when waking the pc after sleep and when I am on battery only. most of the time the error says Stop code:...
  4. Laptop restarts itself when waking from sleep or clicking for sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop restarts itself when waking from sleep or clicking for sleep mode: My Lenovo Legion 5 laptop restarts itself when I try to wake it from sleep. It doesn't happen every time. But it is really annoying. I updated my all drivers including bios, nothing helped. Fast startup also did not solve my problem. [ATTACH]...
  5. Auto Lock Computer when put to sleep?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Auto Lock Computer when put to sleep?: I'm looking to have my computer automatically lock when it is put to sleep, for some reason I am not seeing this setting directly in sign-in options despite the assurance that it is there, and it is not in lock screen settings?...
  6. Computer wakes from sleep immediately after putting to sleep

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer wakes from sleep immediately after putting to sleep: The problem i have is when i select to put my PC into sleep mode (Start>Power icon>Sleep). The screen goes black as if its entering sleep mode, but then almost immediately 'wakes up' and my video cam starts looking for a face to scan. I'm "assuming" this is related to...
  7. Computer sleeping when set not to / Not waking up from Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer sleeping when set not to / Not waking up from Sleep: Hi All I have a windows 10 machine that has two issues but they both are causing the PC to freeze. The first issue is the PC will go to sleep even when set not to in the power configuration. The second issue is that the PC will not wake up so it seems once it has gone to...
  8. BSOD when waking computer from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when waking computer from sleep: Hello My PC will sometimes get a BSOD when waking it up after long hours of sleep, this does not happen reliably and I have no idea how to reproduce it. My GPU and CPU is overclocked however they have caused no issues during general use and gaming. 67440
  9. Computer unresponsive when waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer unresponsive when waking from sleep: Computer: Page Not Found | HP® Official Site I've sent it in once to replace the motherboard and replaced the SSD drive on my own Every now and then, maybe 1% of the time, when trying to wake the computer from sleep mode, the power button will turn on, the wifi light...
  10. Computer Sleeps/Wakes fine manually, but won't wake from auto-sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Sleeps/Wakes fine manually, but won't wake from auto-sleep: Hello, My motherboard is a P8Z77-V, with Gigabyte 7950 video card, if that matters. I did the windows 10 upgrade, and all seems well, except waking from Standby. If I go into start menu, and choose sleep, everything spins down, and the computer shuts itself off. I am...