Windows 10: Computer wakes up from sleep mode after the latest update.

Discus and support Computer wakes up from sleep mode after the latest update. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; First and second time I thought I forgot to put it to sleep, the next time I made sure to remember I have done it and yet when I got back to it the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RudyYV, Mar 7, 2020.

1. RudyYV Win User

Computer wakes up from sleep mode after the latest update.

First and second time I thought I forgot to put it to sleep, the next time I made sure to remember I have done it and yet when I got back to it the default screen was on. I have no idea how long it stays in sleep mode and when it wakes up.

:)

RudyYV, Mar 7, 2020
  2. Nick89 Win User

No internet when computer wakes from sleep mode

No Internet when computer wakes from sleep mode or from cold start until I disable the Local area connection and then enable it.

When I run the diagnostic after it fixes the connection it says this: Local Area connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration - Fixed

But its not fixed. Every time I wake my computer up from sleep mode after its been in sleep mode for a few hours I have to disable and then enable the Local area connection.

When the computer wakes up it has a yellow triangle warning of limited or no internet access. So I have to do the above every time I wake it up.

Things I've done so far: Update drivers, No fix.

Nick89, Mar 7, 2020
  3. Waking from sleep mode

Hi Kenneth,

For us to narrow down your concern with waking up your computer from sleep mode, we would like to know the following:

• Aside from Windows Update. were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of your screen when you wake up your computer from sleep mode.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Mar 7, 2020
  4. qubit Win User

No internet when computer wakes from sleep mode

My Windows 7 fails similarly to yours. As far as I can tell, it's a nasty bug in the OS, because Vista and XP before it would do Sleep/Standby perfectly.

With mine, it can wake up from Sleep, even after Sleeping for a few seconds and the network connection will fail either immediately, or a few minutes later. The only way to restore it is to reboot the sodding computer - no amount of fiddling with the NIC would bring it back, not even a little bit. This problem is so bad, that I cannot use Sleep mode at all. I have all the latest BIOS updates and OS patches, too. I did find that after a recent reliability update from Microsoft, it was a bit better, but still not fixed.

This problem happens on all hardware that I install 7 on, too, so it's not just 7 not liking certain hardware.

I've tried the settings you've posted and will report how the machine behaves on waking from Sleep mode.

qubit, Mar 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Computer wakes up from sleep mode after the latest update. - Similar Threads - Computer wakes sleep

2. Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately: I finished building a new PC and encountered an issue.Sometimes, my pc wakes up from sleep mode immediately. Noticed, it didn't happen every time I put my pc to sleep mode. The sleep issue occurs randomly.I tried a lot of methods, but it didn't work.Even Viewer no show even...
  3. Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately: I finished building a new PC and encountered an issue.Sometimes, my pc wakes up from sleep mode immediately. Noticed, it didn't happen every time I put my pc to sleep mode. The sleep issue occurs randomly.I tried a lot of methods, but it didn't work.Even Viewer no show even...
  4. Computer restarts after wakes up on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer restarts after wakes up on sleep mode: Hello dear Sir/Madam, I hope you are doing well. I recently, after one of the optional updates in Sept. 2020, whenever my laptop goes on sleep mode using power button or closing the lid and then I want to resume my work where I left off. Suddenly, laptop restarts and...
  5. Computer working weird after waking up from sleep mode

Computer working weird after waking up from sleep mode: Hello, From a few months ago I faced a problem, which is the following: I have two accounts in Windows 10 that I use almost every day. When my PC wakes up from sleep mode in the Administrator account, it's fine, and everything works... Butafter waking up from sleep mode...
  6. Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately

Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately: It wasn't doing this before, I followed a few guides and disabled a few thing that should have not wake up the computer, and it's still instantly waking up i'm using windows 10, I really wanna fix this problem so i can let my computer rest...
  7. My computer is not waking up from sleep mode,

My computer is not waking up from sleep mode,: Hi, My computer is not waking up from sleep mode, I end up having to hold down the power button for a few seconds forcing a restart. anyone know a fix for this?...
  8. Computer screen will not wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Computer screen will not wake up from sleep mode: When my computer goes to sleep, I have to do a hard reset to wake it up by pressing the power button and restarting. I can hear it operating, but it will not turn the screen on. I have been trying to fix it for a few weeks, so I can't even remember all the things I have done...
  9. Computer screen will not wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer screen will not wake up from sleep mode: When my computer goes to sleep, I have to do a hard reset to wake it up by pressing the power button and restarting. I can hear it operating, but it will not turn the screen on. I have been trying to fix it for a few weeks, so I can't even remember all the things I have done...
  10. BSOD after computer waking up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after computer waking up from sleep mode: I've recently formatted my computer not long ago. So my computer would randomly wake up from sleep mode and I went into power settings to check if any wake up times are on but they weren't on. Now after the BSOD if I try to put it to sleep, the lights stays on and won't go to...