Windows 10: Computer wakes up immediately after putting it in Sleep Mode

Discus and support Computer wakes up immediately after putting it in Sleep Mode in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I had had this issue for 2 days, never happened before, I turn off the ability for my mouse to be able to wake up my computer a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hardangelfan, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Computer wakes up immediately after putting it in Sleep Mode

Hello everyone,

I had had this issue for 2 days, never happened before, I turn off the ability for my mouse to be able to wake up my computer a few weeks ago, only my keyboard can wake it up by pressing any key.

lately when i place my computer to sleep it will immediately wake up and turn evertything on. no buttons are pushed on my keyboard and i dont know what to try. I am not that tech savvy when it comes to troubleshooting this issue. all cables are hooked up properly and snug. nothing is loose... any help or tips you can provide i will be forever thankful. Hope you all had a safe Easter.

These are my computer Specs if it helps:

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K (Coffee Lake)

CPU COOLER: Corsair Hydro Series, H150i PRO RGB

GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC

RAM: Corsair 3600mhz 64GB

MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Master

STORAGE 1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2 2280, 1TB Samsung 970 PRO PLUS M.2 2280 & 4TB SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series 2.5

POWER SUPPLY CORSAIR RM850x (2017 White)

CASE Corsair Crystal Series 680X

submitted by /u/hardangelfan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hardangelfan, Apr 13, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Computer wakes from sleep immediately after putting to sleep

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the computer wakes up immediately after putting to sleep.

There could be several reasons for the computer not going to sleep mode. To determine which device is causing this, we can run a simple command and check the reason why the computer woke up from sleep mode. To do this refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Type command prompt in the
      search bar
      on the Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the command prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Now, paste the following command and hit Enter:
      powercfg lastwake.
    4. Share the results of the command.

The above command should let us know the device that is preventing the computer going into sleep mode.

Let us know the results and we will help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 13, 2020
  3. Computer wakes from sleep immediately after putting to sleep

The problem i have is when i select to put my PC into sleep mode (Start>Power icon>Sleep). The screen goes black as if its entering sleep mode, but then almost immediately 'wakes up' and my video cam starts looking for a face to scan.

I'm "assuming" this is related to Windows Hello.

Any suggestions?

If i say sleep, i want the pc to sleep!

-Thanks

***Modified title from: Windows Hello Stopping Sleep Mode***

Consultboy, Apr 13, 2020
  4. Computer wakes up immediately after putting it in Sleep Mode

Windows 10 Upgrade 1903 64 bit Sleep Wakes Up on Multiple Computers

Someone suggested I look at all the drivers list before and after the upgrade. I did, nothing found/changed in drivers.

What I did discover was that after the KB4503327 upgrade, if I put the computer to sleep mode (via power menu,) I discovered the computer wakes up after the minutes set in the "turn off screen".
    So, if the screen shutoff were five minutes and I put the computer to sleep, it would wake up after that amount of time, then turn the screens off after another time period of five minutes.

At this point, I have set the screen turn-off to "never" and any other sleep mode to "never".
    Then, when I put the computer to sleep, it stays asleep.

This issue was never seen until this OS upgrade was installed in the system.

My next step is to upgrade the video adapter (something from 2007) to a new and different model adapter to see if that corrects this issue, or not. For now, my work-around is to set "never" in "sleep mode".

catholicfocus, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

Computer wakes up immediately after putting it in Sleep Mode

1. Computer wakes up immediately after putting it in Sleep Mode - Similar Threads - Computer wakes immediately

2. Windows wakes back up immediately after being put to sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows wakes back up immediately after being put to sleep.: Hello, I bought a computer a couple months ago Windows 11, and from the first time I tried putting it to sleep, it wakes up immediately after being put to sleep. I click sleep and my screens turn off for about half a second and then my computer turns back on. I've tried a lot...
  3. BSOD after putting into sleep mode and then waking up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after putting into sleep mode and then waking up.: A week ago I started getting a BSOD whenever I woke the computer from sleep mode. The internet doesn't work for a few minutes and then I get this BSOD: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FAmS6wBhgJQ8-VpXTjFYH2jZ6xZ5Cmpt/view?usp=sharing. I have a AN515-45-R6XD with upgraded RAM...
  4. BSOD after putting into sleep mode and then waking up.

BSOD after putting into sleep mode and then waking up.: A week ago I started getting a BSOD whenever I woke the computer from sleep mode. The internet doesn't work for a few minutes and then I get this BSOD: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FAmS6wBhgJQ8-VpXTjFYH2jZ6xZ5Cmpt/view?usp=sharing. I have a AN515-45-R6XD with upgraded RAM...
  5. Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately: I finished building a new PC and encountered an issue.Sometimes, my pc wakes up from sleep mode immediately. Noticed, it didn't happen every time I put my pc to sleep mode. The sleep issue occurs randomly.I tried a lot of methods, but it didn't work.Even Viewer no show even...
  6. Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately

Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately: I finished building a new PC and encountered an issue.Sometimes, my pc wakes up from sleep mode immediately. Noticed, it didn't happen every time I put my pc to sleep mode. The sleep issue occurs randomly.I tried a lot of methods, but it didn't work.Even Viewer no show even...
  7. Computer Immediately Wakes Up After Sleep Mode Puts It to Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Immediately Wakes Up After Sleep Mode Puts It to Sleep: The Sleep Mode puts my machine to sleep then the machine immediately wakes up. Rebooting has not helped, nor has changing the Sleep Mode Settings. I have not found any solutions in the Internet. Thanks for any thoughts and guidance. 179664
  8. My pc wakes up immediately after getting put to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My pc wakes up immediately after getting put to sleep: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Henlo_Friend [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jvbmjk/my_pc_wakes_up_immediately_after_getting_put_to/
  9. Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately: It wasn't doing this before, I followed a few guides and disabled a few thing that should have not wake up the computer, and it's still instantly waking up i'm using windows 10, I really wanna fix this problem so i can let my computer rest...
  10. Computer wakes from sleep immediately after putting to sleep

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer wakes from sleep immediately after putting to sleep: The problem i have is when i select to put my PC into sleep mode (Start>Power icon>Sleep). The screen goes black as if its entering sleep mode, but then almost immediately 'wakes up' and my video cam starts looking for a face to scan. I'm "assuming" this is related to...