Windows 10: Computer wakes up seconds after it enters sleep mode.

Discus and support Computer wakes up seconds after it enters sleep mode. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Recently, whenever I put my computer into sleep mode it will turn on shortly after. Most times, I can hear my computer turn on as I am walking away. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KJcam, Feb 16, 2017.

1. KJcam Win User

Computer wakes up seconds after it enters sleep mode.

Recently, whenever I put my computer into sleep mode it will turn on shortly after. Most times, I can hear my computer turn on as I am walking away. I know there may be similar posts, but none of them have solved my specific problem. I have already disabled the LAN setting "Wake on magic packet" and when I do the /lastwake command, it returns as an unknown type. I do not believe it is a wake timer, or an anti-virus scan as it will happen during any time of the day. Any help identifying what this unknown type is would be greatly appreciated, I hate having to turn my computer off after each use lol.

:)

KJcam, Feb 16, 2017

2. Blue Screen die (BSOD), Windows 10 Professional Laptop Machine

I can confirm that this problem would occur every time I wake the computer up from sleep mode.

After a few seconds waking up from sleep mode, the computer will freeze and then BSOD occurs

Very annoying.

SuperBoyChoy, Feb 16, 2017
  3. RodMe Win User
    Pressing enter no longer wakes computer from sleep mode

Problem just started a few weeks ago. Computer will wake itself, for a few seconds, after being in sleep mode for only a few minutes, Then it goes back to sleep. However, pressing enter after that point no longer wakes machine. I need to use power button.

RodMe, Feb 16, 2017
  4. Rarda Win User

Can you tell us what kind of system you have...

Rarda, Feb 16, 2017
  5. KJcam Win User
    Sorry, i'm running a CyberPower custom desktop with Windows 10 home, AMD FX 8320 CPU, Gigagbyte base board, 16GB ram, and GTX 1060 card. I recently upgraded to the GTX card, and replaced the power supply as well, perhaps this has something to do with the computer waking up?

KJcam, Feb 16, 2017
  6. Rarda Win User
    ok give me a little bit to do some research and ill get back to you

Rarda, Feb 16, 2017
  7. Rarda Win User
    ok so go ahead and put your computer to sleep and let it wake its self up

then right after it wakes up run cmd and type
    powercfg -lastwake

Rarda, Feb 16, 2017
  8. Rarda Win User

make sure you run cmd as admin

Rarda, Feb 16, 2017
  9. Rarda Win User
    actually if you go to your start menu and type in "event viewer" and open that you can probably see whats been waking up your computer in there

Rarda, Feb 16, 2017
  10. KJcam Win User
    Thavks, I'll check as soon as I get back home, had to run my sister to work.

KJcam, Feb 16, 2017
  11. KJcam Win User
    just got home. Put my computer to sleep and it woke up in about 30 seconds. running the lastwake command still shows the unknown culprit. However, a whole list has appeared in event finder, what do you make of this? Seems to be something with the power supply if i had to take a guess
    Computer wakes up seconds after it enters sleep mode. [​IMG]

KJcam, Feb 16, 2017
  12. Rarda Win User
    You have not enabled power management relating to power saving or the settings, being set for suspend or sleep mode.

In the bios you will have a set of modes in the section of it listed for power or power management.

Acpi inside there are settings we call S or sleep state modes.

Rarda, Feb 16, 2017
  13. Rarda Win User

try doing a bios update

Rarda, Feb 16, 2017
  14. KJcam Win User
    Will do, I have to get ready for work now unfortunately. I will update the BIOS before I leave, and i'll update the forum with the results when i get back home. Thanks for your help so far though Rarda, i never would have figured it out without you.

KJcam, Feb 16, 2017
  15. Rarda Win User
    no problem i enjoy helping

Rarda, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer wakes up seconds after it enters sleep mode. - Similar Threads - Computer wakes seconds

2. Computer Immediately Wakes Up After Sleep Mode Puts It to Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Immediately Wakes Up After Sleep Mode Puts It to Sleep: The Sleep Mode puts my machine to sleep then the machine immediately wakes up. Rebooting has not helped, nor has changing the Sleep Mode Settings. I have not found any solutions in the Internet. Thanks for any thoughts and guidance. 179664
  3. Computer restarts after wakes up on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer restarts after wakes up on sleep mode: Hello dear Sir/Madam, I hope you are doing well. I recently, after one of the optional updates in Sept. 2020, whenever my laptop goes on sleep mode using power button or closing the lid and then I want to resume my work where I left off. Suddenly, laptop restarts and...
  4. Computer does not wake up normally only after second sleep

Computer does not wake up normally only after second sleep: Hi, I have a new laptop Mechrevo Code 01 R7 and the following issue has been bugging me - after turning on the computer, if I put it to sleep, it wakes up normally. Then when I put it back to sleep again either right away or in an hour, the computer does not wake up...
  5. Computer working weird after waking up from sleep mode

Computer working weird after waking up from sleep mode: Hello, From a few months ago I faced a problem, which is the following: I have two accounts in Windows 10 that I use almost every day. When my PC wakes up from sleep mode in the Administrator account, it's fine, and everything works... Butafter waking up from sleep mode...
  6. Computer wakes up immediately after putting it in Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer wakes up immediately after putting it in Sleep Mode: Hello everyone, I had had this issue for 2 days, never happened before, I turn off the ability for my mouse to be able to wake up my computer a few weeks ago, only my keyboard can wake it up by pressing any key. lately when i place my computer to sleep it will immediately...
  7. Computer wakes up from sleep mode after the latest update.

Computer wakes up from sleep mode after the latest update.: First and second time I thought I forgot to put it to sleep, the next time I made sure to remember I have done it and yet when I got back to it the default screen was on. I have no idea how long it stays in sleep mode and when it wakes up....
  8. how to wake up after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to wake up after sleep mode: Dell laptop inspiron 15 3576 windows 10. when I switch laptop to sleep mode , and try to wake up within short time I am able to hit keyboard (wireless keyboard) to wake up. But after about an hour this does not work I have to use power switch. I have made some changes in...
  9. waking up after sleep mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    waking up after sleep mode: my computer takes forever, 5 mins or so to wake up after it has been in sleep mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-after-sleep-mode/dbb31876-ca52-496b-b682-f1ed2412533a"
  10. BSOD after computer waking up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after computer waking up from sleep mode: I've recently formatted my computer not long ago. So my computer would randomly wake up from sleep mode and I went into power settings to check if any wake up times are on but they weren't on. Now after the BSOD if I try to put it to sleep, the lights stays on and won't go to...