Windows 10: Computer wakes up seemingly for no reason

Discus and support Computer wakes up seemingly for no reason in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It's not updating, the mouse and keyboard are off, so why is it waking up? 140067 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GuyInDogSuit, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Computer wakes up seemingly for no reason

It's not updating, the mouse and keyboard are off, so why is it waking up?

:)

GuyInDogSuit, Sep 7, 2019

2. waking up my computer

Hi Virginia,

For us to properly isolate the issue in waking up your computer, we would like to know the following:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Aside from a hard shut down, to make sure that we have not missed on anything, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you check if the wake on keyboard option is enabled. To check this, open
    Device Manager > Keyboards > HID Keyboard Device >
    Power Management, and then disable the Allow this device to wake the computer feature (standard value).

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Sep 7, 2019
  3. John Sarc Win User
    computer wake-up after sleep

Hi Bill,

There's a possibility that the settings that enables your Space bar to wake your computer up from sleep was reset after updating Windows. If this what had happened, we suggest that you just re-set it up. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Press Windows key and type keyboard in.
    • Click on Keyboard option and a pop-up windows should show up.
    • From there, go to > Hardware tab > Properties >
      Change settings > Power management > Allow this device to wake the computer >
      OK/Apply.

Try the if the steps did work and let us know any updates.

John Sarc, Sep 7, 2019
  4. Computer wakes up seemingly for no reason

computer wake-up after sleep

Did all the steps exactly as shown above and "Allow this device to wake the computer" was already selected.

I think you might have miss-understood the problem. It appears that the computer is waking up, but it doesn't re-connect to my display. I have to turn off the display and turn it back on to get my display to to re-connect. This was not a problem prior to
    the last Win 10 upgrade.

Bill McCormick_5407, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

Computer wakes up seemingly for no reason

1. Computer wakes up seemingly for no reason - Similar Threads - Computer wakes seemingly

2. waking up computer

in Cortana
    waking up computer: when i wake up computer i get running dots in cortana and browser search box continually , why is that ? or what can be done not to have that ? i usually do ctrl alt del and just choose cancel--then it stops...
  3. Computer wakes up from sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer wakes up from sleep.: Hi Since I updated my PC to v1903 few days back, my PC switches itself on. Since the first version of Windows 10 I must have going into Task Scheduler and disable the wake up timer of UpdateOrchestrator and also my harddiskvolume2. But with this new version of Windows, it...
  4. Computer wakes up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer wakes up: My computer keeps waking up on it's own after I put it to sleep. I am running Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wakes-up/f04dadcd-e205-4f5d-b9c8-a4aab97f4895"
  5. Computer won't wake up

Computer won't wake up: A real simple solution when you hibernate the computer to get it to wake up open you tube. It may be annoying to do this but it's better than having to go to a restart. Hopes this helps others with this f!#d up problem that Microsoft hasn't figured out to correct....
  6. Crashing for seemingly no reason

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Crashing for seemingly no reason: I've had Win10 for about three to four months now, everything was perfectly fine up until a few weeks ago. All of a sudden my laptop started crashing when I was playing Starbound. I changed a few things, kept Firefox closed when I was playing(even though this laptop is...
  7. Secondary hard drive is waking up for no reason

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Secondary hard drive is waking up for no reason: Hi, I formated my secondary hard drive, that means absolutely no data is currently being inside. The drive is excluded from Windows indexing and I programmed my drives to sleep after 1 minute for test purposes. When the drive occasionnally wakes up, Process Monitor doesn't...
  8. Problems waking up the computer

Problems waking up the computer: I have had problems waking up the computer. It sometimes it freezes before going to sleep completely that is with a black screen, keyboard and mouse lit but no keys will wake it up. I have to shut it off by holding the power button then turning it back on to reboot. Lately I...
  9. My PC wake up by itself randomly with unknown reason.

in Windows 10 Support
    My PC wake up by itself randomly with unknown reason.: [img] [img] There is a wake time of Acronis True Image, but I have already disabled wake timer in control panel [img] [img] Wake on Lan has been disabled in BIOS. and network adapter driver. [img] I have unchecked all option in driver. The problem...
  10. Computer waking up on it's own.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer waking up on it's own.: I remember that there used to be a problem with 7 and up where the network card could wake up the computer if there was any activity detected by it and could be fixed by going into the device manager and unchecking the box "Allow this device to wake the computer". This is...