Windows 10: Computer waking up automatically now: The system has returned from a low power state.

Discus and support Computer waking up automatically now: The system has returned from a low power state. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After the last windows update I've been getting a frequent wake-up whenever my copmuter sleeps, the difference is before it had to be through the USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Jurugi, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Jurugi Win User

Computer waking up automatically now: The system has returned from a low power state.

After the last windows update I've been getting a frequent wake-up whenever my copmuter sleeps, the difference is before it had to be through the USB controller. Now even though I had WOL and other settings on, the lan adapter is frequently turning the computer on after sleep.

Before:

The system has returned from a low power state.

Sleep Time: ‎2020‎-‎01‎-‎14T00:42:22.815071200Z
    Wake Time: ‎2020‎-‎01‎-‎14T01:08:49.955616700Z

Wake Source: Device -AMD USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 Microsoft

After:

Sleep Time: ‎2020‎-‎01‎-‎18T04:06:14.641118700Z
    Wake Time: ‎2020‎-‎01‎-‎18T04:06:35.025462300Z

Wake Source: Device -Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller

Sleep Time: ‎2020‎-‎01‎-‎18T05:39:10.260719100Z
    Wake Time: ‎2020‎-‎01‎-‎18T05:39:23.035722100Z

Wake Source: Device -Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller

I know it's not getting some WOL signal, as it stays off when I shut down. I've done some scans and even let a few things run while it powers back on. It seems to just have started after the windows update a few days ago.

Not sure if I should just try some settings to make sure it has no control over waking up, but I've had it set up like this for a year. Any way to trace exactly what else could be waking it up?

:)

Jurugi, Jan 19, 2020
  2. LamarM Win User

the system has returned from a low power state

1703 just installed on my computer, now after it's been up for a minute or two the system freezes. I shut it down using a single push on the power button and when I bring it back up every thing seems to be fine for a couple of minutes then it freezes again.
    I found this in the event logs.

the system has returned from a low power state

event id 1

It won't stay unfrozen long enough for me to do anything to it. The system was working fine for the last few years until this OS upgrade 1703 was installed.

anyone have any ideas on how to fox this issue.

this is an HP quad processor, 5GB ram running windows 10, build 1703 X64. sorry I don't have more detail but the system is freezing too quickly for me to do anything.

any help would be appreciated.

LamarM, Jan 19, 2020
  3. Hans Win User
    My computer wakes itself after approx. 45 sec

I have search this forum for answers and tried to solve by solutions suggested in diffrent answers but problem still remains.
    I am running a windows 10 64 bit system.

My computer wakes up after just 45 seconds in sleep.

Things I tried:

• powercfg -devicequery wake_armed → NONE
    • powercfg -waketimers → There
      are no active wake timers in the system.
    • Power Options Advanced
      Settings → Sleep → Allow wake timers → Disable (on all power plans)
    • Control Panel / System and Security / Security and Maintenance / Automatic Maintenance → "Allow scheduled maintenance to wake up my computer at the scheduled time" unchecked.
    • All wake on "Magic Packet" of all network adapters are set to "Disabled" in the Advanced settings of the devices in Device Manager.
    • Get-ScheduledTask | where {$_.settings.waketorun} returns nothing
      I have disabled and change the "Reboot" task under UpdateOrchestrator according to this guide

Now i am out of options...please help!

4. Computer waking up automatically now: The system has returned from a low power state.

Computer waking up from sleep then not returning to sleep.

So after my resent upgrade/reset due to corrupt system files my computer has started waking up from sleep again during the night. This was a problem before, but I somehow solved it, pretty sure the problem was the computer didn't actually go to sleep.
    Instead, it entered some kind of low power state.

Now I just can't find the article or instructions on how to fix it... Some value had to be edited in the registry in order to prevent the low power state. So! How can I prevent my computer from waking up during the night, other than shutting it down of course?

I've disabled wake timers to see if it helps for now, although, I don't think this is the problem.

Utbildadninja, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

Computer waking up automatically now: The system has returned from a low power state.

1. Computer waking up automatically now: The system has returned from a low power state. - Similar Threads - Computer waking automatically

2. System Returns from low power state and NDIS error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Returns from low power state and NDIS error: Hello there,I was recently trying to play a game on a new laptop I purchased about a month ago. When doing so, I would load into the game then the screen goes black and the laptop shuts down. When restarting, after login, the game is still running like nothing has happened. I...
  3. System Returns from low power state and NDIS error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Returns from low power state and NDIS error: Hello there,I was recently trying to play a game on a new laptop I purchased about a month ago. When doing so, I would load into the game then the screen goes black and the laptop shuts down. When restarting, after login, the game is still running like nothing has happened. I...
  4. The system has returned from a low power state - was my pc asleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The system has returned from a low power state - was my pc asleep?: Hey there,I wish to clarify if I locked my pc or turned it off during this period. I just discovered event viewer... 2 days ago and quite fascinated by all the logs! Information 08.10.2023 10:10 Microsoft-Windows-Power-Troubleshooter 1 None "The system has returned from a low...
  5. The system has returned from a low power state - was my pc asleep?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The system has returned from a low power state - was my pc asleep?: Hey there,I wish to clarify if I locked my pc or turned it off during this period. I just discovered event viewer... 2 days ago and quite fascinated by all the logs! Information 08.10.2023 10:10 Microsoft-Windows-Power-Troubleshooter 1 None "The system has returned from a low...
  6. Windows 10 automatic wake up from low power

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 automatic wake up from low power: Hi, My computer has been automatically waking itself after I hibernate it. I wondered if this was because I had nudged the mouse or something but that doesn't seem to be the case. When I look for the last wake in command prompt I get no useful...
  7. Desktop Keeps Waking Up With "The system has returned from a low power state" Message

Desktop Keeps Waking Up With "The system has returned from a low power state" Message: I have been dealing with this issue for a long time on my desktop at several different houses and apartments. I believe it is related to an AC unit or my mini fridge powering on. Whenever my desktop is asleep and the AC unit or mini fridge powers up my keyboard flickers on...
  8. Computer waking up from sleep then not returning to sleep.

Computer waking up from sleep then not returning to sleep.: So after my resent upgrade/reset due to corrupt system files my computer has started waking up from sleep again during the night. This was a problem before, but I somehow solved it, pretty sure the problem was the computer didn't actually go to sleep. Instead, it entered some...
  9. Computer waking up from sleep then not returning to sleep.

Computer waking up from sleep then not returning to sleep.: So after my resent upgrade/reset due to corrupt system files my computer has started waking up from sleep again during the night. This was a problem before, but I somehow solved it, pretty sure the problem was the computer didn't actually go to sleep. Instead, it entered some...
  10. computer automatically wakes up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    computer automatically wakes up from sleep: Hi. I've searched the board and found many similar problems to mine, but nothing exactly like it, and as such I haven't been able to fix it. When put in sleep mode, my computer automatically wakes up at a set time. I have disabled wake timers in the power menu, I have...