Windows 10: computer wants to keep checking the hard drive on start up.

Discus and support computer wants to keep checking the hard drive on start up. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have followed these instruction up until step three where then it says access denied, can anyone help? 1. click on your start menu and open the run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by reecehoskins, Dec 18, 2018.

1. computer wants to keep checking the hard drive on start up.

I have followed these instruction up until step three where then it says access denied, can anyone help?

1. click on your start menu and open the run dialog.

2. type "cmd" and return (note: dont enter quotes)

3. Next type "fsutil dirty query c:"

4. If the return message indicates that the volume is dirty go to step 5

5. Next type "chkdsk c: /f /x"

6. After that finshes repeat step 3.

7. If it is no longer dirty then reboot and the issue should be resolved.

:)

reecehoskins, Dec 18, 2018

2. Hard Drive not Showing

Hi Lori,

Thank you for posting back.

• How are you connecting the Hard drive to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the hard drive to a different computer and check if it works?

It's possible that your USB drivers are corrupt. I suggest you to try the following steps and check.

• Press Windows Key +R and type
      devmgmt.msc
      to open Device manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers
      at the left bottom.
    • Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click on
      Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat these steps for the entire USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Dec 18, 2018
  3. Samsung M3 portable hard drive not getting recognised on Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for your response with the current status of the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information

• Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the external hard drive on the computer?
    • Are you logged into the Administrator Account while assigning the driver letter to the external hard drive?

I recommend you to follow the steps below to update all the pending Windows updates and also try to reinstall the hard drive driver in the Device Manager. Check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update all the pending Windows updates in the computer and check if it helps.

1. Click on Start Menu.

2. Then select Settings.

3. Choose Update & security >
    Windows Update
    >Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Step 2: I recommend you to uninstall and reinstall the Hard drive as suggested in the previous post. Also you can run Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

Step 3: Then try to boot the computer in safe mode and check if the hard drive is getting recgonized in it or not.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Please get back to us with an update on issue in connecting External hard drive into Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 18, 2018
  4. computer wants to keep checking the hard drive on start up.

How to Partiton a Hard Drive in Vista

This is a way to get Vista to see another hard drive that is not associated with the OS. There is some times when your new hdd doesn't seem to want to work well with Vista. But, there is a solution in it.

Open the Computer Management By doing these steps.
    • Click on the Start Button
    • Click on Control Panel
    • Click Administrative Tools
    • Double click on Computer Management
    You are now in the Navigation panel of the Computer Management.
    When in Computer Management, you then have to allow the new drive to be recognized.
    • Double click on Storage
    • Double click on Disk Management
    Now in the middle of your screen there is the layout of the Disk Drives that you have. The drives that are partitioned will show by the drive lettering. The others will just show up as having nothing at all in them. Below that there will be the Disk drives that are installed into the computer. You'll see that the primary one will all ways read as "Disk 0". Then you will have Disk 1 and so on. Under the Disks there will also see your CD-Rom drives.. If there is more then one, it will be labeled the same as Disk drives..

On to the Partitioning of the drive in question.
    • Right Click on the drive
    • Click to format the drive or Enable Volume. There will be a series of windows that open up. This is Vista's formatting. Just go threw the windows, and make sure everything is the way you want it to happen.
    • Once the formatting is done, will take some time depending on the drive size.
    • Right click on the drive
    • Click on Mark the Partition as Active
    After you have done those steps, The drive will be up and running threw Vista.

:Side Notes:
    If you are not the Administer to the Os, then you will have to enable it..
    You may also want to redo the drive lettering of it all. But, I really don't see a reason to do so. If you do, you have to redo drive paths and so forth.. A lot of work on something so small...

Cold Storm, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

computer wants to keep checking the hard drive on start up.

1. computer wants to keep checking the hard drive on start up. - Similar Threads - computer wants keep

2. Hard drive keeps filling up on it's own.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive keeps filling up on it's own.: Using MS10. Properties say I have 3GB, very soon after, with no new things added to hard drive I get a warning that hardrive is almost full. I run chkdsk c: /x /r and restart. Now I am back to around 3GB. Very soon after back to 250Mb. Now having to repeat this several times...
  3. Hard drive keeps filling up on it's own.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive keeps filling up on it's own.: Using MS10. Properties say I have 3GB, very soon after, with no new things added to hard drive I get a warning that hardrive is almost full. I run chkdsk c: /x /r and restart. Now I am back to around 3GB. Very soon after back to 250Mb. Now having to repeat this several times...
  4. Hard drive keeps filling up on it's own.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hard Drive keeps waking up for no reason

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hard Drive keeps waking up for no reason: So to make this easy on everyone, I removed the drive letter to my hard drive.And it still spins up for no reason.Gigabyte Aurora Elite Intel 10th gen.All Microsoft drivers as far as storage goes.. Why???...
  6. hard drive keeps filling up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hard drive keeps filling up: help window insider 10 pro version:1909 windows 10 wont update and hard drive stays full no matter how fast i delete things it stays full how do I fix this problem. because of the disc being full cannot even save a restore point....
  7. Computer keeps filling up C drive after hard reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps filling up C drive after hard reset: 1. Computer freezes or crashes 2. Hold power button reset required 3. C Drive has gained like 9 extra GB. My C drive holds my operating system and the reason a hard reset is required varies. Usually, it is because Windows crashes to an unresponsive displayless state after...
  8. Want to back-up to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Want to back-up to external hard drive: This is more of a hardware-related question, so I hope it's ok to post it here. I have a hard drive that was the internal hard drive for my previous computer. I saved it since there was nothing wrong with it when my old computer died. Since it was a newer replacement for an...
  9. Hard Drive Checking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard Drive Checking: So I have been getting alot of check disks recently, I'm young and I don't know alot about tech or anything, so I just use the computer when I need to, just browse the Web etc. So I searched on my phone and found out if I manually turned off the computer using the power...
  10. Checking hard drive for errors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Checking hard drive for errors: Hello, I have a 3 yr old Samsung laptop which I thought was behaving properly. Today, Outlook froze and then as I tried to open other programs, each thing froze as well. I left it alone and things eventually sorted themselves out and the computer became functional again....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc wants to drive check on startup

2. windows keeps checking hard drive