Windows 10: Computer went to sleep only w/out Microsoft Account

Discus and support Computer went to sleep only w/out Microsoft Account in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Previously posted this:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by BigKetchup, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Computer went to sleep only w/out Microsoft Account

Previously posted this:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-power/windows-10-sleep-is-completely-unreliable/56a73ea5-8842-4156-aae6-05062837a775

I reinstalled Windows today but created a local account instead of signing into a Microsoft one. The screensaver, powering off of the monitor and automatic sleep mode are finally working. Not sure how to make sense of it but if a Microsoft rep would like i will discuss it here. Otherwise, this may help others.

Thanks.

:)

BigKetchup, Feb 24, 2021
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Computer went to sleep only w/out Microsoft Account :(

Zakin, Feb 24, 2021
  3. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Feb 24, 2021
  4. Vesao Win User

Computer went to sleep only w/out Microsoft Account

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

Computer went to sleep only w/out Microsoft Account

1. Computer went to sleep only w/out Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Computer went sleep

2. Microsoft account says something went wrong

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft account says something went wrong: I just updated my laptop to windows 10, 1909 and when I try to sign in using my Microsoft account it says something went wrong and I can't even access Microsoft store...
  3. Sound went out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound went out: We just got new computers at work. I was listening to something as I worked and I hit the volume control on the Logitech Wireless K270 keyboard and the sound went completely out, even though all indications are there should be sound coming out. I didn't hit the mute button,...
  4. Microsoft account cannot sign in in on own computer "Oops something went wrong"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft account cannot sign in in on own computer "Oops something went wrong": I get a message multiple times per day that there's a problem with my microsoft account and that I need to fix it. I try to log in with *** Email address is removed for privacy *** but that account doesn't even exist anymore. Despite its nonexistence I can't delete it from my...
  5. Add a user account w/out MSoft email

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Add a user account w/out MSoft email: Hi, Kinda perplexed here. I'm starting to set up 3 PCs with W10 Home x64 for use in our Rec Center. Naturally, I'm working with an admin account-which I was able to do during setup using an "Offline Account". I've been trying to set up a standard user account the same way...
  6. download apps w/out microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    download apps w/out microsoft account: Like the title states; isnt there a way to download new apps without having to create a microsoft account? 6857
  7. S3 Sleep ONly Works w/2GB DDR2

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    S3 Sleep ONly Works w/2GB DDR2: Older Shuttle SG33G5 with Core 2 Duo E8400 running Windows 10 Professional. System works great except for one thing - it won't come out of S3 sleep if I use 4 GB of DDR2. This is a two-slot dual channel motherboard. I have quite a bit of spare DDR2 and I've tried them all,...
  8. Power Went Out When Moving User Accounts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Power Went Out When Moving User Accounts: I have two WD Blue 1T Drives. One was filling up with pictures and games used by three people, plus all the apps, so I was going to do a clean install, and put all user files on the second WD Blue 1T drive. (I bought the second over a year ago with intentions of doing it...
  9. Computer will not come out of sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer will not come out of sleep: My computer will not come out of sleep. When I hit a key or click the mouse, it will power for a moment and then appears to just turn off. I have to push the power button and completely boot up as if it was shutdown. I have checked my mouse/keyboard settings regarding...
  10. Locked out of computer after creating Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Support
    Locked out of computer after creating Microsoft account: I am not computer savvy but I downloaded Windows 10 and created a Microsoft account. I wrote down the password. The next day a log in screen appeared (which I never had before) so I tried to log in. My password didn't work. I tried everything. I called the Help desk and...