Windows 10: Computer WiFi signal booster . . .

Discus and support Computer WiFi signal booster . . . in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My computer is a Dell 3583 Laptop. Running Windows 10 pro. I'm living in a retirement home. The WiFi signal provided is very weak. I want to purchase,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jerry_Dwyer, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Computer WiFi signal booster . . .

My computer is a Dell 3583 Laptop. Running Windows 10 pro.
    I'm living in a retirement home. The WiFi signal provided is very weak.

I want to purchase, a WiFi booster. I'm hoping, to find one.
    That, plugs into an AC outlet. And, boosts the WiFi signal wirelessly.

I would rather not, have to run any cables. I'm not sure, I have an ethernet port?
    Am I wrong, to think this can be done, wirelessly?
    Please don't suggest. I talk to the company, that provides the WiFi signal.

copy/paste, the below path. To see a complete manual, of a Dell Vostro 3583
    Then you can check. To see, what I should buy,

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/vostro-15-3583-laptop/docs

I'd like to purchase it, from "Amazon" If, you can find one or more, that would work.
    Please send me a link. Price, is not an issue.
    But, my computer, sits all by itself! I HAVE NO ROUTER!

I thank you, in advance. For any help you can give me. Thank for reading - Jerry

:)

Jerry_Dwyer, Oct 29, 2020

2. wifi signal booster

Hey Brian,

Let’s start off with a clean slate. Please reboot your wireless router, the signal booster(unplug, wait 5 seconds, plug in), and your PC. Do them in that order.

Then, on your PC, go to settings - network and internet - WiFi - see if you can see your signal booster on the list of networks to connect to. If the signal booster is working properly, you should see it on the list and be able to connect to it.

Let me know how you make out, and we’ll go from there!

- C

Charlie Klausen, Oct 29, 2020
  3. BrianBPLQ Win User
    wifi signal booster

I have a signal (wifi) booster called HUAWEI-Y4AQGG placed halfway between my Telecom supplied router and my computer. It boosted my signal v.well untill my hard drive crashed. I' now up and running (new drive) but I cant seem to link to the HUAWEI booster...I
    am running on a weak signal from the original router. How do I link to the booster?

BrianBPLQ, Oct 29, 2020
  4. BrianBPLQ Win User

Computer WiFi signal booster . . .

wifi signal booster

Hi Charlie

I havent done the "turn0ff" routine yet...but I'd thought I'd mention that after my hard drive was replaced, I've checked settings several times...and a list of routers, including my neighbours", comes up....including my existing base router...but the booster
    does not show...and the signal is the 1-2 bars that I was working with before I got the booster.

When I first got that booster, I had a "techo" friend (I'm 72 and I'm a whiz with military hardware of the 1960's-but not this stuff)!...install the booster...at that time the name HUAWEI-Y4AOGG was showing in the list of networks to connect to along with
    my router...

Shall I still do the procedure?

(and thanks Charlie..I appreciate the help)

Brian

BrianBPLQ, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Computer WiFi signal booster . . .

1. Computer WiFi signal booster . . . - Similar Threads - Computer WiFi signal

2. WiFi signal Inconsistent

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi signal Inconsistent: So I have an MSI laptop that has been doing great up until the last month. Suddenly it's overheating like crazy so I'm working on fixing that. But the other day the wifi started being an issue. At first I thought it was the router but all of the other devices are working....
  3. Wifi 5ghz signal

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi 5ghz signal: Hi, I have a laptop with a Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter recently, Couple months ago my laptop was fine running 3 bars averaging 45-50mbps all of a sudden my WIFI disconnected. It came back on with no problems however I now run at 1 bar 5-10mbps while my...
  4. Windows 10 blocking Telstra WIFI Booster

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 blocking Telstra WIFI Booster: Hi there. I am not very tech minded so hopefully will not be asking a stupid question! I recently received a telstra WIFI booster for my gen 2 nbn modem, but it appears that my HP laptop sees it as a threat and windows 10 ends up in an endless cycle of trying to find a...
  5. Computer WiFi signal booster . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer WiFi signal booster . . .: My computer is a Dell 3583 Laptop. Running Windows 10 pro. I'm living in a retirement home. The WiFi signal provided is very weak. I want to purchase, a WiFi booster. I'm hoping, to find one. That, plugs into an AC outlet. And, boosts the WiFi signal wirelessly. I would...
  6. Computer WiFi signal booster . . .

Computer WiFi signal booster . . .: My computer is a Dell 3583 Laptop. Running Windows 10 pro. I'm living in a retirement home. The WiFi signal provided is very weak. I want to purchase, a WiFi booster. I'm hoping, to find one. That, plugs into an AC outlet. And, boosts the WiFi signal wirelessly. I would...
  7. WiFi bars are showing low signal on my computer but my other computer WiFi bars are high signal

WiFi bars are showing low signal on my computer but my other computer WiFi bars are high signal: WiFi bars are showing low signal on my computer but my other computer WiFi bars are high signal I'm using an external wifi adaptor and driver, When i'm using version 1703 there was no problem, when i have updated my pc to 1909 or 07 my pc starts showing low signal, And...
  8. WIFI signal

WIFI signal: Would the newest Windows 10 update cause my older Toshiba Satelite laptop to not be able to recognize my WIFI signal? Since about mid-May, my Xfinity WIFI signal is not displayed in the Network Internet access popup box. I can see many of my neighbors' signals at a much...
  9. wifi booster

wifi booster: I have wifi built in my cable box but it won't reach my bedroom tv for Netfix off Dish does anyone reccomd a extender that would help me 151426
  10. WiFi signal

WiFi signal: Hello I installed Windows 10 recently, I saw the signal is not normal as usual The router is very close to the laptop and the signal is very weak. Notic:-(changed my hard drive to ssd)...