Windows 10: Computer will no sleep

Discus and support Computer will no sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I go to put computer to sleep it won't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by PaulLewis_963, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Computer will no sleep

When I go to put computer to sleep it won't

:)

PaulLewis_963, Oct 30, 2018
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Computer sleeping

Hi,

For us to better understand your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?
    • Is you computer going to sleep while you're using it?
    • How many minutes does it take before your computer goes to sleep?
    Hope to hear from you soon.

Argel Obm, Oct 30, 2018
  3. David Haz Win User
    After Windows 10 Anniversary Update Computer Not Sleeping

Hello.

Does disabling the HID-Complaint Touch Screen driver resolves the issue? If yes, we suggest that you disable it and see if your device go into Sleep mode after a period of inactivity.

We also suggest to check if the settings of the Power Options of your device are set so that the device will go into Sleep mode after a period of time. You may follow the steps below to check is Sleep mode is enabled on your device:

• Press the Windows button + X, then click on
      Power Options.
    • Click Change when the computer
      sleeps.
    • Change the settings to your preferred settings.

Keep us updated on the results.

Regards.

David Haz, Oct 30, 2018
  4. Computer will no sleep

Computer goes to Sleep mode automatically

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below if not tried already and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

Computer will no sleep

1. Computer will no sleep - Similar Threads - Computer sleep

2. PC is stuck on "Getting Windows ready, don't turn of your computer" after going to sleep...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC is stuck on "Getting Windows ready, don't turn of your computer" after going to sleep...: I just bought this secondhand PC and I factory reset it delete files but don't clean drive, download windows from this device, delete windows driver only and left it while it was on the "Getting Windows ready, don't turn off your computer" phase. When I came back it turns out...
  3. PC is stuck on "Getting Windows ready, don't turn of your computer" after going to sleep...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC is stuck on "Getting Windows ready, don't turn of your computer" after going to sleep...: I just bought this secondhand PC and I factory reset it delete files but don't clean drive, download windows from this device, delete windows driver only and left it while it was on the "Getting Windows ready, don't turn off your computer" phase. When I came back it turns out...
  4. PC is stuck on "Getting Windows ready, don't turn of your computer" after going to sleep...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why isn't Windows 11 signing out the current user when the computer sleeps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isn't Windows 11 signing out the current user when the computer sleeps?: In Windows 11 on my Dell Inspiron 5570 laptop the current user account is not getting signed out when the computer sleeps. After I wake the laptop, when I try to sign in a different user using my fingerprint I get the message 'Someone else is signed in on this device and must...
  6. Why isn't Windows 11 signing out the current user when the computer sleeps?

Why isn't Windows 11 signing out the current user when the computer sleeps?: In Windows 11 on my Dell Inspiron 5570 laptop the current user account is not getting signed out when the computer sleeps. After I wake the laptop, when I try to sign in a different user using my fingerprint I get the message 'Someone else is signed in on this device and must...
  7. My computer wakes itself from both sleep and hibernation about 3 seconds after shutdown.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer wakes itself from both sleep and hibernation about 3 seconds after shutdown.: The only way I found to stop this, is to cut the power for a while, immediately after the fans stop, and when the power is given again, it won't wake itself up, and only pressing the power button will start it the target here.I hibernated, and ran the commands that I saw on...
  8. Why is my computer so zoomed in after i put it in sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is my computer so zoomed in after i put it in sleep mode?: I had never had this kind of problem before, anytime i put it to sleep and turned it on nothing happened. But today when i put it to sleep and went to walk my dog when i came back the screen was zoomed in so much and also i have 3 monitors. Ive tried fixing the resolution but...
  9. Microsoft edge ALWAYS opens itself when I wake my computer up from sleep. NOT when I power...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft edge ALWAYS opens itself when I wake my computer up from sleep. NOT when I power...: I have "windows spotlight" turned off and I have rigorously checked the setting of the edge browser as well as the settings on my computer which is currently running windows 11. I use Firefox and have ZERO INTEREST in using edge for anything....
  10. Microsoft edge ALWAYS opens itself when I wake my computer up from sleep. NOT when I power...

Microsoft edge ALWAYS opens itself when I wake my computer up from sleep. NOT when I power...: I have "windows spotlight" turned off and I have rigorously checked the setting of the edge browser as well as the settings on my computer which is currently running windows 11. I use Firefox and have ZERO INTEREST in using edge for anything....