Windows 10: Computer Will Not Accept The Latest Windows Update

Discus and support Computer Will Not Accept The Latest Windows Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10, ver 1909, on an Acer Aspire E15 Laptop. Every 30 minutes or so, my computer says it will restart soon for a Windows Update. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Brentg, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Brentg Win User

Computer Will Not Accept The Latest Windows Update

I am running Windows 10, ver 1909, on an Acer Aspire E15 Laptop. Every 30 minutes or so, my computer says it will restart soon for a Windows Update. I found that this was the Update: 1903-OS Build 18362.720 and 1909-OS Build 18363.720.
    The problem is my operating system will not accept this update, tries to perform it, and then fails and rolls it back.
    I went into the system settings and got this stopped for the max it would offer me of 8 days.
    How can I get this update or if I can't get it, how can I skip it and allow myself to be open to other future updates?

Thanks for the help you guys always give me.

:)

Brentg, Mar 15, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 15, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Mar 15, 2020
  4. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Computer Will Not Accept The Latest Windows Update - Similar Threads - Computer Accept Latest

2. Latest windows update broke my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest windows update broke my computer: I tried installing an update 10 minutes ago, but when it restarted the taskbar was completely deformed. Uninstalling the update didn't help, it's stuck like that. I need help trying to reverse it....
  3. Latest windows update broke my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Latest windows update broke my computer: I tried installing an update 10 minutes ago, but when it restarted the taskbar was completely deformed. Uninstalling the update didn't help, it's stuck like that. I need help trying to reverse it....
  4. The latest Windows update broke my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The latest Windows update broke my computer: I can't even boot back to the PC now shows a RAM light error on the motherboard and it all started after "update and shutdown". Great job submitted by /u/Select_Plane_1073 [link] [comments]...
  5. Computer will not accept the most recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer will not accept the most recent update: My computer will not accept the newest windows 10 update. It will not apply it and backs out of it every time. Is there anything I can do to allow this update to load?...
  6. computer not accepting connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    computer not accepting connection: ok I reset my computer. completely. and not its slower than before. so i troubleshoot it and it says it wont accept connection. im assuming its not my wifi because it works fine on my other computer. but on this one when i open something like minecraft it takes forever to...
  7. Computer Will Not Accept The Latest Windows Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Computer Will Not Accept The Latest Windows Update: I am running Windows 10, ver 1909, on an Acer Aspire E15 Laptop. Every 30 minutes or so, my computer says it will restart soon for a Windows Update. I found that this was the Update: 1903-OS Build 18362.720 and 1909-OS Build 18363.720. The problem is my operating system will...
  8. Latest Windows Update freezes my computer

Latest Windows Update freezes my computer: The latest Windows update causes my computer to freeze frequently. I have to shut it off and turn it back on, which is very time-consuming and frustrating. I have Microsoft Windows 10 Home, and the version number is 10.0.17763 Build 17763. The update was installed in the last...
  9. Windows 10 latest update freezes computer

Windows 10 latest update freezes computer: The latest Windows update started installing on my wife's laptop. It is hung up stating that it is "Updating your system (100%)" but that has been going on for two hours. How do I fix this without losing her hard drive?...
  10. My computer will not accept updates >1703

My computer will not accept updates >1703: Why won't my computer accept updates above version 1703? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-will-not-accept-updates-1703/a395d37a-c0f1-460a-a646-3ced73f956d4