Windows 10: Computer Will Not Boot After Windows 10 Installation

Discus and support Computer Will Not Boot After Windows 10 Installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I’m having trouble with my Windows 10 clean install. Once it installs it says it is resetting to complete installation, after it resets it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nez02, Sep 2, 2015.

1. nez02 Win User

Computer Will Not Boot After Windows 10 Installation

Hello,

I’m having trouble with my Windows 10 clean install. Once it installs it says it is resetting to complete installation, after it resets it will not load to the windows screen. It just loads bios and hangs with a prompt flashing on a black screen. I then used DISKPART to clean the disks and tried a new install in MBR and again in GPT formats, still the same result. What am I doing wrong? Are the RAID drives causing the problem? The machine was running fine before. I had a free upgrade from 7 and did the process of upgrading to 10 first before the clean install to activate the product. That went fine. I ran the hardware diagnostics from the BIOS and it failed the boot test with error code BIOHD3. Warning: No active partitions.

The machine is a HP with a

•HP: Cleveland-GL8 Motherboard
    •Intel H67 Chipset
    • Intel i7-2600
    • 9GB DDR3-1333MHz SDRAM [3 DIMMs]
    • 1TB RAID 0 (2 x 500GB SATA HDDs)
    • 1GB DDR3 AMD Radeon HD 6570

:)

nez02, Sep 2, 2015
  2. DGuynes Win User

Computer will not boot after Win 10 installation

I have the same issue, but when I go to the Advanced options in step 5, I do not get an option for "Startup Settings". I only see: System Restore, System Image Recovery, Startup Repair, Command Prompt, and go back to previous build. None of these work for
    me. For some reason, the last System Restore is not showing up (it is possible I put it in a location it currently cannot see). I do not have a System Image Recovery, and the Startup Repair says that it cannot fix my problem.

When I boot normally, I have seen the following error: 0xc000007b and something about a corrupt file.

This is not the first time I have had problems with Windows 10 updates, and if I can ever get the system back up, I will make sure I update the BIOS as well as create the proper restore points, etc. (which I thought I had). Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Danny

DGuynes, Sep 2, 2015
  3. Computer will not boot after Win 10 installation

One of my computers had a forced Win 10 installation, and has not been possible to boot afterwards.

Well, that is only half correct. At first it kind of booted, but everything was slow, and nothing worked. Only I could do was to chek ongoing processes, which indicated that McAfee was draining all Resources - and it was not allowed to stop any anti virus
    process. Every New try to reboot made it worse. Now it just passes the first startup window (With options F2 Set up and F12 Boot options). After that everything goes black. (F2 and F12 options work though, and a hardware check confirmes all hardware is OK).
    I have managed to start in safe mode once (F4), but that does not work any longer.

A boot from DVD drive or USB may work, but I do not have any Win 10 boot disk or stick. Will this work, and how do I get a Win 10 boot disk?

Øystein G.

ØysteinGabrielsen, Sep 2, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

I don't have a solution, but some thoughts on the problem:

- Windows 10 must have been activated at least once after the upgrade. If that has been the case, it's fine. If not, your Windows 10 will not activate.
    - RAID 0 basically only is an array of two independant discs. I don't know in how far that can cause problems.
    - The information that you are missing an active partition matches what you say you see on bootup: Nothing happens as no drive is used.

I am no experts in fixing such bootup problems, but I would now check, if it helped to mark one of the primary partitions as active. If so, I would try doing that with the right partition and see, if it helps.

Joergi, Sep 2, 2015
Thema:

1. Computer Will Not Boot After Windows 10 Installation - Similar Threads - Computer Boot Installation

2. Computer not Booting after Installing New RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer not Booting after Installing New RAM: Recently I wanted to replace my Corsair Vengeance, 4800mhz, Sodimm, DDR5 x2 16gb RAM sticks with the exact same sticks but x2 32gb RAM. After installing the two new RAM sticks the computer won't boot up. I press the power button, it lights up and nothing else happens. It...
  3. Computer not Booting after Installing New RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not Booting after Installing New RAM: Recently I wanted to replace my Corsair Vengeance, 4800mhz, Sodimm, DDR5 x2 16gb RAM sticks with the exact same sticks but x2 32gb RAM. After installing the two new RAM sticks the computer won't boot up. I press the power button, it lights up and nothing else happens. It...
  4. Windows 10 Install - after restart computer not recognising a drive to boot from

Windows 10 Install - after restart computer not recognising a drive to boot from: Hi,I'm trying to conduct a fresh install of Windows 10 on my PC. I have created a bootable USB on another device, booted from this USB and followed the prompts to install windows up until the point where I am prompted to restart my machine. At this point I remove my USB so...
  5. Windows 10 Install - after restart computer not recognising a drive to boot from

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Install - after restart computer not recognising a drive to boot from: Hi,I'm trying to conduct a fresh install of Windows 10 on my PC. I have created a bootable USB on another device, booted from this USB and followed the prompts to install windows up until the point where I am prompted to restart my machine. At this point I remove my USB so...
  6. Computer Freezing on Boot After Installing Windows 11

Computer Freezing on Boot After Installing Windows 11: Good Morning.I installed Windows 11 on an Asus ROG desktop one day last week. Since doing so, I've run into a problem. When I try to boot up from a powered off state, it freezes at the screen with the Republic of Gamers logo. I have waited for 10+ minutes and it doesn't load....
  7. Computer Freezing on Boot After Installing Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Freezing on Boot After Installing Windows 11: Good Morning.I installed Windows 11 on an Asus ROG desktop one day last week. Since doing so, I've run into a problem. When I try to boot up from a powered off state, it freezes at the screen with the Republic of Gamers logo. I have waited for 10+ minutes and it doesn't load....
  8. booting into windows 10 power off the computer after installation compelets

booting into windows 10 power off the computer after installation compelets: After installing windows 10 from usb stick and passing the restart prompt my pc power off automatically. It shows the logo and loading animation and starting services, etc.... I've searched the web and did somethings like auto repair, some command prompts solutions like...
  9. Windows 10 not booting after install

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 not booting after install: Microsoft Forum 200220 W10 not booting after install Dear Microsoft Forum friends, yesterday I installed 2019 Turbotax on my Dell Windows 10 Laptop. Now the computer is not booting correctly, but hangs up and does not complete the boot. I have to go to F12 and select hard...
  10. Windows 10 Computer will not Boot after clean install

Windows 10 Computer will not Boot after clean install: Yesterday my PC crashed and when restarted came up with an error screen and would not boot windows. I tried using the troubleshooting repair menu provided and nothing would work. I created a bootable usb from my other windows 10 pc with the windows application and deleted all...