Windows 10: Computer will not complete startup after Windows Update

Discus and support Computer will not complete startup after Windows Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer performed an automatic update of Windows 10. After the update and restart of the computer, the computer fails to complete the startup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BrianSariano, May 21, 2020.

1. Computer will not complete startup after Windows Update

My computer performed an automatic update of Windows 10. After the update and restart of the computer, the computer fails to complete the startup process.

I get to the point where I enter the windows PIN number. I enter it, and the computer begins to proceed to the startup. What then happens is that the wall paper comes up normally, the apps appear on the screen, and on the bottom bar, the information on the right time, date, volume icon, notification icon, one-drive icon, network icon, and arrow for hidden icons appear; on the lower left the Start Icon appears, the search box, but the App tiles I have on the bottom do not appear. That is when the screen blinks to black for about 1/2 second, the wallpaper comes back on and the what I describe above the appearance of App icons on the main screen and stuff on the bottom bar before it blinks black again and does the same routine over and over again about every 1 to 2 seconds. The only thing I can do is to hit control/alt/delete and get to the screen to turn it off.

I tried to trouble shoot the problem with HP it is a HP Pavilion, we tried a number of things, but no resolution was achieved. So they are going to send a recovery media kit to set it back to factory settings. I need to try and recover some data off of my hard drive before doing the recovery.

:)

BrianSariano, May 21, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Computer will not complete startup after Windows Update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 21, 2020
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, May 21, 2020
  4. Computer will not complete startup after Windows Update

Fix Laptop after upgrade to Windows 10 now slow or freezing completely

Hi Marina,

What is the error that you see on Startup? Provide complete and exact error code or message.

I suggest that you run the SFC scan and check if it helps to improve the Computer performance. Follow the steps :

• Press Windows + X
    • Click Command prompt (Admin)
    • Type sfc /scannow
    • Press Enter

Vinod Archak, May 21, 2020
Thema:

Computer will not complete startup after Windows Update

1. Computer will not complete startup after Windows Update - Similar Threads - Computer complete startup

2. Unable to Startup after “We couldn’t complete updates”

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Startup after “We couldn’t complete updates”: Over the last several days my computer has timed out during mostly Restart and occasionally during Shut Down. This usually has me hold the power switch until it hard shut down.Yesterday I had checked for Windows Updates, done troubleshooting, scanned for viruses, etc....
  3. My computer will not complete updates.

My computer will not complete updates.: My computer keeps giving me error message when I try to get updates. I seem to be having issue with drivers and have uploaded the mini dump files to one drive with hopes that I get this issue resolved......
  4. Windows update assistant completes but update fails after computer reboots.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update assistant completes but update fails after computer reboots.: I'm running build 1903 and I have been trying to update for over 4 months now (can only try and update once maybe twice a month because I have very low monthly data limits). I have gone through windows update which installs the normal updates fine but the feature update...
  5. After the recent Windows update my computer is stuck in the startup loop

After the recent Windows update my computer is stuck in the startup loop: Before this happened though, I noticed that my system was behaving weirdly. Like it's slow, even when I'm not running anything. I'd have 100 cpu usage when I barely have anything open. Yesterday, I logged off and when I started it up this morning. I'm greeted with an endless...
  6. After update the computer turned on but said update did not complete and will not reboot

After update the computer turned on but said update did not complete and will not reboot: Hello, My laptop had a update and will fully reboot. I have tried everything and still will not reboot I can't even re install windows 10. Please help should I call tech support. The Dell laptop came with windows 8 and when windows 10 came out I did a up grade. Kay...
  7. Startup Process Not Completing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Startup Process Not Completing: Hello, I run windows 10 on a Dell XPS 8900 x64-based PC with Intel Core i7-6700 CPU@3.40GHZ. About two weeks ago, I began having difficulty completing the startup process. Doesn’t happen every time I shut down the PC – probably about half the time. Points of reference:...
  8. Computer won't startup after updating to 1903

Computer won't startup after updating to 1903: After the last update I am trying to turn on my desktop many times. But the screen turns on and a blue screen with rotating circles appears. I wait until 1 hour later I reopened again and the same problem. Please help me fix it. Thanks again for everything....
  9. Computer won't startup after updating to 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer won't startup after updating to 1903: Split from this thread. Hi! Monkey57, and another helperd. Im trying turn on my desktop many times. But the screen bright on about 1 minutes and off again. I waiting until 1 hours later reopened again and the same problem. Please help me fixing it. Or return my old...
  10. Computer completely freezes after updating windows last night

Computer completely freezes after updating windows last night: I received help via the Microsoft chat support and had the problem fixed by updating my graphics driver. I was able to play games and browse the web that night but as I logged off it said it was updating. Bringing me to today where my computer crashes anywhere from 4-6...