Windows 10: Computer will not download clean windows after recent update

Discus and support Computer will not download clean windows after recent update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I made a Pc build not even a month ago and i was using it with windows 10 perfectly fine up until January 7th where i had updated my windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ny.Jones, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Ny.Jones Win User

Computer will not download clean windows after recent update

Hello,

I made a Pc build not even a month ago and i was using it with windows 10 perfectly fine up until January 7th where i had updated my windows to the latest version and then after that my computer kept getting stop errors and crashes. I tried to do a clean reboot and the problem went away for a bit until windows updated again and i continued to receive crashes mind you different crash errors every time. After that I attempted to reboot the whole system and redownload the operating system onto my pc and now i cant even install windows again. It keeps crashing and windows for some reason has ghost files on my internal SSD so windows cant properly install. I spent way too much money on my PC build and I've tried everything from checking my hardware and making sure everything worked properly RAM cards, GPU, CPU, etc. At this point i feel like my computer is completely gone since i cant do anything without windows doing a stop error blue screen even though it is technically not installed on my PC. Any help will be great but im at a complete loss and extremely upset that my PC is literally done because of a windows update.

:)

Ny.Jones, Jan 10, 2021

2. Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Jan 10, 2021
  3. m4gicfour Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Jan 10, 2021
  4. NdMk2o1o Win User

Who's downloaded the Windows 8.1 preview update?

For some reason the installer says the update is not applicable to your computer? (Win 8 Pro x64) anyone else try this what was released today?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/download-preview

EDIT: It appears the error is because the download is named Windows8-RT-KB2849636-x64 so looks like it's only for ARM based RT Windows 8 versions even though there's nothing suggesting that on the actual download page, so where's the x86 8.1 update people?

NdMk2o1o, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Computer will not download clean windows after recent update - Similar Threads - Computer download clean

2. recently downloaded a windows update after creating a new administrator account. Then the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    recently downloaded a windows update after creating a new administrator account. Then the...: how do i do anything about it?This is basically what happened:i created the new administrator account, went in there, then seemingly repaired a search function of windows explorer.Afterwards, a window update was installed. Then the user/adminstrator profile login was deleted....
  3. computer changed after downloading windows update

in Browsers and Email
    computer changed after downloading windows update: After I downloaded the latest update, my favorite pane got smaller. I use Microsoft edge, windows 10. Is there a way to make it bigger? Maybe even a way to make the font in the pane smaller without affecting the font for the rest of the pc. Also is there a way to stop the new...
  4. computer changed after downloading windows update

in Windows 10 Support
    computer changed after downloading windows update: After I downloaded the latest update, my favorite pane got smaller. I use Microsoft edge, windows 10. Is there a way to make it bigger? Maybe even a way to make the font in the pane smaller without affecting the font for the rest of the pc. Also is there a way to stop the new...
  5. Computer will not boot after most recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer will not boot after most recent update: My computer was stuck on the automatic repair loop after an update overnight and now it will not boot at all. I have downloaded windows 10 onto a usb and I’m ready to install it, but the bios screen confuses me. However, i took a chance and plugged in the usb, chose install,...
  6. Downloaded the most recent update...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Downloaded the most recent update...: And it did removed my profile picture, changed the color of my task bar... why would an update do this? It's not letting me change the color back either. submitted by /u/windyhollow102 [link] [comments]...
  7. Computer hangs after recent update

Computer hangs after recent update: Since a recent update of W10 I have noticed that my computer hangs. Activating Task Manager seems to get the laptop working again but it keeps doing it. Also I have noticed that right click type windows keep opening randomly all the time. I have tried a complete reset but...
  8. Computer failure after recent updates installed

Computer failure after recent updates installed: Have 2 acer laptops that crashed after the latest updates were installed. Did I read right that any older computer or computers that are not on a specific last will not function properly? One of the fixes is to revert to a previous version of windows., Doesn't make sense...
  9. After clean install, windows update slow to download install updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    After clean install, windows update slow to download install updates: Hello Everyone, I did a clean install and on first use of Windows update the updates for some reason we're downloading and installing at a slow pace which I didn't recall in the past. Not sure if I'm having an issue on my end or not if it is on the side of Microsoft. Any...
  10. Cleaning windows after update.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cleaning windows after update.: Today I did windows update. It said it may download 1.2 GB. I updated. But space went down by 3 GB. I tried using disk clean up in properties of C: drive with system files. It could clean up only 18 mb. I tried using dism as below Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image...