Windows 10: Computer will not get past the lock screen properly

Discus and support Computer will not get past the lock screen properly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a friends machine a HP Pavillion desktop tower which will turn on and the go to the lock screen but will not run Windows once I put in the PIN... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ICIT2LOL, Dec 23, 2020.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

Computer will not get past the lock screen properly

I have a friends machine a HP Pavillion desktop tower which will turn on and the go to the lock screen but will not run Windows once I put in the PIN number.
    There is a small box that is linked to a driver support software the does show up but I cannot get any net connection so that I can find out what it is.
    How do I get the machine to at least boot to Windows if I cannot get past this piece of rubbish that I think that she has tried to download a driver update service.
    Is there something I can try before I have to enter the PIN code to at least get Windows to run. I have no disks or other hardware that I can at least try to use to get Windows back.
    By the by I can get into the BIOS and have set the order to Windows Boot Manager instead of the setting that was there for an EUFI power up.

:)

ICIT2LOL, Dec 23, 2020

2. Lock screen not working properly on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Oshith,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in lock screen settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "It is not flapped over to password when clicking", you tried to check the issue by clicking through external mouse?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the picture of the lock screen and also try to update Display Adapter driver.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Step 2: I recommend you to update the latest driver for display adapter in Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Expand Display Adapter.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 23, 2020
  3. Computer stuck at lock screen and after Anniversary Update on Windows 10

Hi,

Do let us know if you are able to see any error message/ error code with locking the computer.

Let us try the below steps to unlock and check if it helps.

• I suggest you to restart the computer, try to unlock and check if the issue persists.
    • Use On-screen keyboard to type in your password and check if it helps.
    Click on the Ease of access on the lock screen at the right-bottom corner, turn on
    On-screen keyboard to type the password.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of unlocking the device for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 23, 2020
  4. Computer will not get past the lock screen properly

Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

Computer will not get past the lock screen properly

1. Computer will not get past the lock screen properly - Similar Threads - Computer past lock

2. Can't get past lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get past lock screen: I have put in the correct pin for my PC and then it shows that it is loading the home screen and doesn't advance. It just stays loading and never changes. I have restarted the PC several times and nothing seems to work....
  3. Can't get past lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get past lock screen: I have put in the correct pin for my PC and then it shows that it is loading the home screen and doesn't advance. It just stays loading and never changes. I have restarted the PC several times and nothing seems to work....
  4. Can't get past lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't get past lock screen: Hi there- I can't log into my HP Windows 10 laptop, I haven't used it in a long time and can't find the password. I don't have the recovery disk it's asking for so what do I do now? When I turn it on it comes up with my User ID populated prompting me for the password. Thanks...
  5. Can't get past lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get past lock screen: Hi there- I can't log into my HP Windows 10 laptop, I haven't used it in a long time and can't find the password. I don't have the recovery disk it's asking for so what do I do now? When I turn it on it comes up with my User ID populated prompting me for the password. Thanks...
  6. Can't get past lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Assigned access user can't get past lock screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Assigned access user can't get past lock screen.: Hello, I'm trying to setup a WIN10 20H2 system as a kiosk but when I try to login with the assigned access account it will not move past the lock screen. In the administrator account I can see that the kiosk account is logged in, but it stays on the login screen and never...
  8. Computer will not get past the lock screen properly

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Computer will not get past the lock screen properly: I have a friends machine a HP Pavillion desktop tower which will turn on and the go to the lock screen but will not run Windows once I put in the PIN number. There is a small box that is linked to a driver support software the does show up but I cannot get any net connection...
  9. Can't get past lock screen in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't get past lock screen in windows 10: the lock screen is a solid green color where it'd normally be a picture, the time and date are shown as normal and I don't have internet access when pressing the space bar instead it sometimes takes me to the login screen after a way longer period than normal, when entering...
  10. Cannot get past the sign in on the lock screen!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot get past the sign in on the lock screen!: HELP! After downloading and installing important updates yesterday i have been faced with the following message on the blue screen: 'The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in User profile cannot be loaded' I have tried using my Pin to sign-in and that failed. I...