Windows 10: Computer will not go into hibernate automatically even though it did until a couple weeks ago.

Discus and support Computer will not go into hibernate automatically even though it did until a couple weeks ago. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; In the last couple of weeks my computer will not automatically go into hibernate on my account. It does go into hibernate on my husband's account. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DSGriffinBVS, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Computer will not go into hibernate automatically even though it did until a couple weeks ago.

In the last couple of weeks my computer will not automatically go into hibernate on my account. It does go into hibernate on my husband's account. I've not changed any of my settings for this and it worked fine before. How can I fix this?

:)

DSGriffinBVS, Oct 24, 2020

2. Windows did an upgrade a couple of weeks ago

Windows did an upgrade a couple of weeks ago and I can't open my pay advice which uses VMR, how do I do to get this back?

Gwendy McKinney, Oct 24, 2020
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Oct 24, 2020
  4. Computer will not go into hibernate automatically even though it did until a couple weeks ago.

the passwords was changed a couple weeks ago by an Tec.

so fare I do get nowhere I do everything over & over

I can't get even in to the first step it is a whit page nothing hap

pened

My original Language is Germany so I have difficult to write making big mistake misunderstood and miss interpotationale.

*** Email address is removed for privacy *** Horst H Goepfert wife name is and was Sylvia K Schmitt this name goes back for over 479 yr.'s in from Germany she speaks and write very well, speaking in congress years ago, and whit big World wide comp.

the passwords was changed a couple weeks ago by an Tec.

my wife will pay you whit her card she last it got an temporally card now I have to get it from her we are together for over 45yr.

SEND &WRITON: 09.OCT.2019,WED. 23:49EST pm

Horst

Horst Goepfert, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

Computer will not go into hibernate automatically even though it did until a couple weeks ago.

1. Computer will not go into hibernate automatically even though it did until a couple weeks ago. - Similar Threads - Computer hibernate automatically

2. I got this computer about around 3 to 4 months ago and up until a week ago its been acting...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I got this computer about around 3 to 4 months ago and up until a week ago its been acting...: I got this computer about around 3 to 4 months ago and up until a week ago its been acting up severely, not responding for simple tasks like File Explorer for example. Everytime I start the computer up it is slower taking forever to just calculate how long it'll be to move...
  3. I got this computer about around 3 to 4 months ago and up until a week ago its been acting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got this computer about around 3 to 4 months ago and up until a week ago its been acting...: I got this computer about around 3 to 4 months ago and up until a week ago its been acting up severely, not responding for simple tasks like File Explorer for example. Everytime I start the computer up it is slower taking forever to just calculate how long it'll be to move...
  4. I got this computer about around 3 to 4 months ago and up until a week ago its been acting...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop Hibernates automatically, even on AC power.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Hibernates automatically, even on AC power.: My system hibernates even when on AC power.Even log shows following:Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 11/16/2021 6:04:37 PM Event ID: 524 Task Category: 223 Level: Information Keywords: 1024,4 User: SYSTEM Computer: kha333n Description: Critical...
  6. will not go to sleep even though it did before

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    will not go to sleep even though it did before: My computer will not hibernate even though it did before. I have not changed anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-not-go-to-sleep-even-though-it-did-before/31f4b1cb-71d2-49e0-ac44-fa67e33ee429
  7. Built a new PC a couple weeks ago- random crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Built a new PC a couple weeks ago- random crashes: Hello I built a new PC and am experiencing random crashes sometimes days apart. I only saw a blue screen once but the system does restart. AMD Ryzen 3700x Gigabyte X570 Elite pro wifi motherboard Zotac geforce 1080 extreme 32GB Ram 3600w/ XMP enabled 2400 without...
  8. Windows did an upgrade a couple of weeks ago

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows did an upgrade a couple of weeks ago: Windows did an upgrade a couple of weeks ago and I can't open my pay advice which uses VMR, how do I do to get this back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-did-an-upgrade-a-couple-of-weeks-ago/7a62f32f-e4a5-46c7-8633-e5de9b7f672b
  9. Computer Keeps Going to Sleep Even Though Sleep Settings Are Off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Keeps Going to Sleep Even Though Sleep Settings Are Off: Basically I've been having problems with my new laptop where it will go into sleep mode while I'm using it. All of the sleep and hibernating settings are off, but for some reason the computer still goes into sleep mode. It also seems to go into sleep mode faster when I'm...
  10. Printer Problems After Windows 10 Updates a Couple Of Weeks Ago

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Problems After Windows 10 Updates a Couple Of Weeks Ago: Hi, New to the forum so please be gentle with me (treat me like an idiot)!! I have a Dell XPS 420 which I have had for about 8 years now. Attached are 2 printers an HP Laserjet which works fine and a Canon Pixma MP500 which I am having a problem with. After the...