Windows 10: computer will not go into sleep mode after update

Discus and support computer will not go into sleep mode after update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; We updated from 8.1 to Windows 10 and now the computer will not go automatically into sleep mode. How to fix? 16918 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jayjay, Aug 16, 2015.

1. jayjay Win User

computer will not go into sleep mode after update

We updated from 8.1 to Windows 10 and now the computer will not go automatically into sleep mode. How to fix?

:)

jayjay, Aug 16, 2015

2. Computer will not go into sleep mode automatically at the appropriate time interval

Please answer ALL of the following diagnostic questions by number, preferably without quoting my post:

1. When (approx. date) did you purchase the computer?

2. Did the computer come with Win10 preinstalled, did you do a clean install of Win10, or did you upgrade a Win7 computer or a Win8.1 computer [<=PICK ONE!] to Win10?

3. Who manufactured the computer (e.g., Dell; HP; Acer; Lenovo; ASUS)?

4. When (exact date) did you "re-install" Win10 and how did you do it?

5. What problems were you having that you thought a "re-install" might resolve?

6. Has a Norton application or a McAfee application EVER been installed on the computer since you bought it?

7. Have you ever run the Norton Removal Tool and/or the McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool?

8. What Version & OS Build of Windows 10 is currently installed?

• Press & hold the Windows Key and press the R key. In the RUN dialog, type WINVER and press the Enter key.

PA Bear - MS MVP, Aug 16, 2015
  3. Computer will not go into sleep mode automatically at the appropriate time interval

Did you make sure all important drivers are installed: chipset, video and network? The chipset drivers often have power management features for your computer.

What is the make and model of your computer?

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...

Andre Da Costa, Aug 16, 2015
  4. lopix Win User

Same here. No sleep, no screensaver, nothing.

lopix, Aug 16, 2015
  5. PLCMAN58 Win User
    I am having the same issue. I replace the Radeon HD4870 Video Card (Not Supported by Windows 10) with a Asus HD6450. I did a complete uninstall and reinstall of the latest AMD drivers (Version 15.7.1 WIN10 54 Bit) and I still cannot get the screen saver or sleep timer to work.

Everything worked correctly under Windows 7 SP1 64-Bit with the Radeon HD4870.

PLCMAN58, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. computer will not go into sleep mode after update - Similar Threads - computer sleep mode

2. Computer wont go to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer wont go to sleep mode: My PC wont go into sleep mode, even if i actively press the go to sleep button. Using powercfg /requests commands i get the following message:[DRIVER] Realtek High Definition Audio INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0274&SUBSYS_103C8928&REV_1000\5&305977d9&0&0001 An audio stream...
  3. Computer wont go to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer wont go to sleep mode: My PC wont go into sleep mode, even if i actively press the go to sleep button. Using powercfg /requests commands i get the following message:[DRIVER] Realtek High Definition Audio INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0274&SUBSYS_103C8928&REV_1000\5&305977d9&0&0001 An audio stream...
  4. Computer will not go into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer will not go into sleep mode: Please Help!!! My HP All In One 24-f0xx will not go into sleep mode by itself. The hard drive keeps running. If you select power then sleep that function works. I have updated all the drivers and changed the sleep mode option No Help. I have also ran SFC no issues found. In...
  5. Computer will not go into sleep mode

Computer will not go into sleep mode: Computer will not go into sleep mode. I have tried everything and adjusted everything and it will not sleep. The monitor does go into sleep mode, but the computer will not. I have adjusted all the settings in power and sleep section and nothing works. This just started a few...
  6. Computer is randomly going into sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer is randomly going into sleep mode.: Event logs show it as user S-1-5-19, a non-named user account. Below is the event. This happens often. <EventID>1</EventID> <Version>3</Version> <Level>4</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode> <Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated...
  7. computer going into sleep mode,

computer going into sleep mode,: I have to reboot to fix. Lexapro PC goes black in the middle of working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-going-into-sleep-mode/1b3ee20d-4486-45a2-a519-08daef97d341
  8. Going into Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Going into Sleep mode: Hi all, I recently migrated from a HDD to a SSD in my computer, did install the latest version of Windows 10 than what it was before, and i'm noticing something different with the way it goes to sleep. Originally when i put it to sleep, the computer would go down and the...
  9. Going into Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Going into Sleep mode: Hi all, I recently migrated from a HDD to a SSD in my computer, did install the latest version of Windows 10 than what it was before, and i'm noticing something different with the way it goes to sleep. Originally when i put it to sleep, the computer would go down and the...
  10. Issue with the application and computer going to sleep mode

Issue with the application and computer going to sleep mode: It all the sudden maximizes itself. Often. Even when I'm actively using another app. And at the same time, the computer has started to sleep. Even when I'm actively using it. Which is the real problem. It does not seem to sleep as often if I leave the mail app open....