Windows 10: Computer will not let me sign into my account after password reset!

Discus and support Computer will not let me sign into my account after password reset! in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Windows 10 badgered me to change my password after hardware change. I changed my password, now windows doesn't recognize new password (I documented it... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Ronald Wade Williams, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Computer will not let me sign into my account after password reset!

Windows 10 badgered me to change my password after hardware change. I changed my password, now windows doesn't recognize new password (I documented it before I changing it!)!

:)

Ronald Wade Williams, Aug 11, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Aug 11, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Reset Password of User Account in Windows 10

Without the questions, there would be no way to verify if it's you when resetting the password on the sign-in screen, so they just made it a requirement.

It's basically the local account's version of the Microsoft account's two-step verification.

However, if you don't use a password for the local account, you won't have any questions.

Brink, Aug 11, 2019
  4. Computer will not let me sign into my account after password reset!

Can't sign in to windows with the same password by which I am able to sign in to my Microsoft account

Hi Anurag,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in Microsoft account settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "windows using the same password", are you getting any error message when you enter the password?
    • Have you checked the issue while entering with a different keyboard?
    • Were you connected the computer to a internet connection while logging into the computer with Microsoft account?
    • When you say that "resetting the password.", have you tried to reset the password from Microsoft website?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to enter the password through different keyboard and through On-screen keyboard. Check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to try entering the password with a different password.

Step 2: I recommend you to check the internet connect of the computer and make sure that internet is available for the computer while enter the Microsoft password.

Step 3: I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft account and check if it helps.

How to reset your Microsoft account password:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us.../how-to-reset-your-microsoft-account-password

Please get back to us with an update on issue with issue with logging into Microsoft Account, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

Computer will not let me sign into my account after password reset!

1. Computer will not let me sign into my account after password reset! - Similar Threads - Computer let sign

2. My computer won’t let me sign in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer won’t let me sign in: I just bought my computer second hand from cousin who used it for school, and i had to factory reset it because it still had all of his information on it. the first time i tried to reset it, it died or something before it could finish. i say or something because even though...
  3. My computer won’t let me sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer won’t let me sign in: I just bought my computer second hand from cousin who used it for school, and i had to factory reset it because it still had all of his information on it. the first time i tried to reset it, it died or something before it could finish. i say or something because even though...
  4. My computer won’t let me sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Reset wont let me reset on my computer.

Reset wont let me reset on my computer.: I have a problem when I try to reset my computer I get a message saying '' This Pc Couldn't Reset No Changes Where Made'' I tried the '' sfc /scannow'' it says no harmful files were found. but it stresses me out! and when I try to reset my HP ProBook X360 11 G2 EE From Bios...
  6. My computer will not let me sign in to my account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer will not let me sign in to my account: It has been a few days now since I was able to sign into my account on my HP Pavilion. I have checked Google and have tried what I found there but nothing has helped so far. I now can't access any of my accounts on this computer. Can anyone help?...
  7. My computer will not let me sign in to my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer will not let me sign in to my account: It has been a few days now since I was able to sign into my account on my HP Pavilion. I have checked Google and have tried what I found there but nothing has helped so far. I now can't access any of my accounts on this computer. Can anyone help?...
  8. My computer will not let me sign in to my account

9. My computer won't let me sign in

My computer won't let me sign in: I recently tried to upgrade my computer from windows 8.1 to windows 10 and it is not letting me sign in when I try to it say just says just a moment then says signing out black screens that brings me back to the welcome screen I was trying to see if I could get into a...
  10. Account sign in after computer reset

Account sign in after computer reset: So I had to reset my pc. After reseting and set up, it of course asked to log in with your Microsoft account. Upon trying it said my account did not exist and gave option to create one, which I did. However I made a typo and not realizing it completely set up the computer,...