Windows 10: Computer Will Not Reboot Into More Than One Drive

Discus and support Computer Will Not Reboot Into More Than One Drive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have two internal and two external drives. I wanted to switch one internal drive's operating system, but the computer only boots into a single drive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by StephenPlunkett, Aug 19, 2022.

1. Computer Will Not Reboot Into More Than One Drive

I have two internal and two external drives. I wanted to switch one internal drive's operating system, but the computer only boots into a single drive. System configuration and Disk Management detect all the drives. Changing boot order from BIOS does nothing.

:)

StephenPlunkett, Aug 19, 2022
  2. knute97 Win User

Power Outage or Reboot Resets Drive Letters

Thank you for the reply, but I would like some clarification on the suggested solution(s).

In running diskpart, I typed "LIST VOLUME" as suggested by Rover85. I noted that my D: drive is listed as volume 8 and my E: drive is volume 9.

Do I then continue in diskpart with Gavin Adams answer of 1/27/2013 with the following script?

LIST VOLUME

SELECT VOLUME 8 (and/or 9)

ATTRIBUTES VOLUME CLEAR HIDDEN

EXIT

And this will assign the appropriate drive letter on reboot?

The one thing that bothers me is that my first try after reboot with Computer Management/Disk Management would not connect to the "Virtual Disk Service" until I did a second reboot.

knute97, Aug 19, 2022
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    CD drive error

1) Close all open programs
    2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
    3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CurrentControlSet
    Control
    Class
    {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

UpperFilters
    LowerFilters
    UpperFilters.bak
    LowerFilters.bak
    5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
    6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
    7) Reboot your computer
    8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

And it likely has something to do with the emulated drive you have listed there.

newtekie1, Aug 19, 2022
  4. Computer Will Not Reboot Into More Than One Drive

little cat, Aug 19, 2022
Thema:

Computer Will Not Reboot Into More Than One Drive

1. Computer Will Not Reboot Into More Than One Drive - Similar Threads - Computer Reboot More

2. Computer Will Not Reboot Into More Than One Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Will Not Reboot Into More Than One Drive: I have two internal and two external drives. I wanted to switch one internal drive's operating system, but the computer only boots into a single drive. System configuration and Disk Management detect all the drives. Changing boot order from BIOS does nothing....
  3. How to detect duplicate photos on more than one drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to detect duplicate photos on more than one drive: I have a large number of photos on a USB stick which I retrieved from the drive of a broken laptop. They almost certainly contain duplicates of photos on my working laptop. Is there a way of scanning both the Pictures folder on my laptop and the USB drive to detect them?...
  4. How to detect duplicate photos on more than one drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to detect duplicate photos on more than one drive: I have a large number of photos on a USB stick which I retrieved from the drive of a broken laptop. They almost certainly contain duplicates of photos on my working laptop. Is there a way of scanning both the Pictures folder on my laptop and the USB drive to detect them?...
  5. How to detect duplicate photos on more than one drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. more than one MBR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    more than one MBR: My OS disk boots from start on in XP. Still need that OS as my UMAX 2200 scanner is only fully supported by XP drivers. Later on bought W7 ultimate and installed it as multiboot. EasyBCD does the trick. No problem. Runs both. Had to upgrade to W10. As W10 tells me how to run...
  7. does this protection protect more than one computer/laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    does this protection protect more than one computer/laptop: does this protection I received with my laptop protect other devices in my home' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-this-protection-protect-more-than-one/413d0261-997e-44e7-ab2d-3600e2098f6a
  8. More than one program maximizing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    More than one program maximizing.: Im new to Windows 10. Lets say I have 2 programs open. Im at the desktop, Why is it when I choose one of them from the task bar, the other one also maximizes behind it? Instead of the program I chose popping up with the desktop in the background, the program I chose pops up...
  9. One license for more than one versions.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    One license for more than one versions.: I got a laptop with pre installedWin 10 pro Education. It is about two weeks ago I went to perform factory restore for my DELL laptop So when I run the OS recovery tool of DELL It gave me an option to download Windows 10 Professional . As my Factory restore image I got...
  10. Uploading more than one document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uploading more than one document: How do I upload more than one document when the file is open. I am only allowed to open one at a time, If I go to the document without trying to upload I am allowed to....