Windows 10: Computer will not reboot/start after the new forced Windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support Computer will not reboot/start after the new forced Windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Yesterday, while trying to download a document to print, my computer completely shut off and will not restart. The new Windows 10 upgrade installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DonnaAthey, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Computer will not reboot/start after the new forced Windows 10 upgrade

Yesterday, while trying to download a document to print, my computer completely shut off and will not restart. The new Windows 10 upgrade installed itself a couple of days before, then I kept getting the same message that they wanted to upgrade again, to snooze, pick a time or install tonight. I pressed snooze. This upgrade reconfigured my newly installed Office Home & Student that I purchased for $162.36 that I can only install on one computer. Now I have to take my desktop to a computer repair person to see if they can fix it. I would like to file a complain with Microsoft.

:)

DonnaAthey, Mar 24, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

I actually had a client call yesterday with an email problem. when I tried walking him through some steps, he says "Yeah, I don't see that there, but I think it's because it's updated to windows 10. It did that a few weeks ago. I came back in on Monday, and it said Welcome to Windows 10"..... I think I'd throw the computer out the window.

Ahhzz, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Computer will not reboot/start after the new forced Windows 10 upgrade

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Computer will not reboot/start after the new forced Windows 10 upgrade

1. Computer will not reboot/start after the new forced Windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - Computer reboot start

2. New Computer with Windows 11 and stuck after reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Computer with Windows 11 and stuck after reboot: So I received a new computer today and in setting it up have apparently done something wrong!I rebooted the machine and I see my picture and name on the screen and 'Sign in' below.... but there is nowhere to sign-in!After a while the time - which is wrong, appears with the...
  3. New Computer with Windows 11 and stuck after reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Computer with Windows 11 and stuck after reboot: So I received a new computer today and in setting it up have apparently done something wrong!I rebooted the machine and I see my picture and name on the screen and 'Sign in' below.... but there is nowhere to sign-in!After a while the time - which is wrong, appears with the...
  4. After starting the computer, it reboots and starts up normally

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After starting the computer, it reboots and starts up normally: PC Specs:ryzen 5 3600gt 1030 8 GB 3200 MHZ Hyperx Kingston 256 GB WD GREENShould I be worried that it restarts after startup and then starts normally? This came up not long ago and I was literally starting to worry about it...
  5. After starting the computer, it reboots and starts up normally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After starting the computer, it reboots and starts up normally: PC Specs:ryzen 5 3600gt 1030 8 GB 3200 MHZ Hyperx Kingston 256 GB WD GREENShould I be worried that it restarts after startup and then starts normally? This came up not long ago and I was literally starting to worry about it...
  6. After starting the computer, it reboots and starts up normally

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. new windows 10 upgrade 2020 fails at 85% after rebooting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    new windows 10 upgrade 2020 fails at 85% after rebooting: new windows 10 upgrade may 2020 downloads well, prepares well, reboot's OKay, but just when it reaches at 85% installation after rebooting, it crashes with the blue screen, and reboots; removes all the the downloaded upgrade, and restores my Laptop Dell Laptop Windows 10 Pro...
  8. Computer won't start after upgrading to Windows 10

Computer won't start after upgrading to Windows 10: Hello, since yesterday the Windows 10 version 1909 update, my computer will no longer start. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wont-start-after-upgrading-to-windows-10/0d536972-e553-4940-9b40-6eb41e571606
  9. Forced Windows 10 Upgrades

Forced Windows 10 Upgrades: I wrote the following in the previous post: Windows forced Upgrades I am on the previous release preceding 1909. Why haven't I upgraded? I have a Gigabyte G.1.Assasin2 - 32Gig RAM 1st - I have upgraded to 1909 two different times! 2nd - when I do instal 1909, A, MS Edge...
  10. Start Menu not working after latest forced reboot.

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu not working after latest forced reboot.: My machine reboot last night, likely due to an update that got pushed out, and now I can no longer click on the start menu. Windows key does not pull it up either. Also, the volume button in the bottom right of the screen, I cannot click on that either. I can right click on...