Windows 10: Computer will not restart after update

Discus and support Computer will not restart after update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After the last windows update my computer kept restarting I decided to restore my computer, but now it will not accept my live.com password. I changed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Teri Sue Johnson, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Computer will not restart after update

After the last windows update my computer kept restarting I decided to restore my computer, but now it will not accept my live.com password. I changed my password and it will still not accept the password. I can now get to the command prompt, but that is the only thing I can get to without a password. I have had to restart the computer three times to get to a blue screen.

:)

Teri Sue Johnson, Jan 15, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Computer will not restart after update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 15, 2020
  3. Computer crashes and restarts periodically

Hello Kurt,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

What is the make and model of your computer?

What is the anti-virus program on the computer?

I suggest you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you

Ruth Buruga, Jan 15, 2020
  4. swat354 Win User

Computer will not restart after update

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

Computer will not restart after update

1. Computer will not restart after update - Similar Threads - Computer restart update

2. Computer won’t restart after Windows Update

in Windows 10 News
    Computer won’t restart after Windows Update: [IMG]If your computer won’t restart after Windows Update, then this post will help you fix this issue. According to the users, when they start their computer after installing a Windows Update, it gets stuck on the logo or a blue screen. Users cannot use their computers...
  3. Computer in Continual Restart after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer in Continual Restart after update: One of my computers received the May 2004 update over the weekend. When I woke it up, there was a message that the computer needed to restart. Should I restart it now or later. Foolishly, i said OK to the restart now. Now the blue screen saying "Restarting" has been on for...
  4. Computer not restarting / rebooting after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer not restarting / rebooting after update: I downloaded the new windows update 2 days ago and it prompted me to log into my email. I didnt have my pw to hand so turned off the computer. Once i turned it back on it has been stuck on a blue screen giving a variety of troubleshooting options. I first tried to restart,...
  5. Computer running slow after restart and update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer running slow after restart and update.: Having an issue that’s been bothering me for about week now. One day I booted up my computer and the computer has been super slow, my desktop wallpaper was removed and replaced. Also my OneDrive has syncing issues. I also get this error message. Any help will be much...
  6. Computer stuck in restarting after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer stuck in restarting after update: after updating my computer it did a restart and it has been stuck since that and wouldn’t stop. my computer is Acer Aspire 5 A515-51G-81KB and using Windows 10 Pro...
  7. Computer won’t restart after updating

Computer won’t restart after updating: A while back I attempted to download the windows 10 update. Everything went smoothy until my MSI laptop had to restart. When it did, it went to the MSI logo screen, and stays there for eternity. I had windows reinstalled, and whenI tried to update it again the same thing...
  8. Computer stuck in restart mode after update

Computer stuck in restart mode after update: My computer just updated and now it is stuck restarting. How do I fix this without corrupting my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-stuck-in-restart-mode-after-update/70f19a45-1bad-4d0b-acdd-1e5c9138b6d0
  9. Computer keeps "needing to restart" after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps "needing to restart" after update: Three days ago an update slipped through and since then my desktop has been suddenly going to a blue screen with a big "frown face" telling me there is an error and my computer has to restart. I have had this computer for a little less than a year and I have never had any...
  10. Computer won't restart after latest update

Computer won't restart after latest update: After the Sept 11 "critical update", my computer wouldn't restart. It would run the hardware diagnostics, which showed nothing, and then would recycle again and again to "repair". I had to revert the system to the last restore point a few days ago to regain access to my...