Windows 10: Computer will not resume after a period.

Discus and support Computer will not resume after a period. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I leave my computer on it can take 20 minutes or so to resume. I re-start if I need it faster. Can anyone help please? 143796 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rifleman49, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Computer will not resume after a period.

When I leave my computer on it can take 20 minutes or so to resume. I re-start if I need it faster. Can anyone help please?

:)

rifleman49, Nov 4, 2019

2. Computer crashes and restarts periodically

Hello Kurt,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

What is the make and model of your computer?

What is the anti-virus program on the computer?

I suggest you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you

Ruth Buruga, Nov 4, 2019
  3. Feathers Win User
    Change log off period

Hi all, I've tried to look through the list of all the tutorials and I've used Google too, to find out how to extend the inactivity period before I get logged out. But all the suggestions talk about screen icons that I don't seem to have.
    My computer is six weeks old and I'm using Windows 10. Can someone please advise? Thank You.

Feathers, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Steve C Win User

Computer will not resume after a period.

Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

Computer will not resume after a period.

1. Computer will not resume after a period. - Similar Threads - Computer resume period

2. Computer periodically and randomly crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer periodically and randomly crashing: Hello! I'm having trouble with my computer randomly, but only occasionally, shutting down. I'll start up the system and half the time there will be no issue at all. The other half, I'll see large spikes in data and disk usage, slowing performance to a crawl. Sometimes the PC...
  3. Computer periodically and randomly crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer periodically and randomly crashing: Hello! I'm having trouble with my computer randomly, but only occasionally, shutting down. I'll start up the system and half the time there will be no issue at all. The other half, I'll see large spikes in data and disk usage, slowing performance to a crawl. Sometimes the PC...
  4. Computer freezing periodically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezing periodically: System Info:Windows 10 Education 64-bit latest updatesCPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800XRAM: G.Skill Aegis 16GB 2x8GB DDR4-320GPU: MSI RTX 3070 VENTUS 3X 8G OCMotherBoard: MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWKPower Supply: Corsair RM850 850W 80+ Gold Modular PSUStorage: Samsung SSD 860 M.2 2TBMonitors:...
  5. The computer turns off after a period of two hours

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The computer turns off after a period of two hours: There is a problem that haunts me, which is that the computer shuts down after a specific period of time, which is two hours it turns off and does not even appear even the logo of turning off the computer such as a power outage from the computer suddenly, at first I thought...
  6. Win10 PC periodically freezes momentarily, then immediately resumes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 PC periodically freezes momentarily, then immediately resumes: My Windows 10 PC, an Alienware Aurora 9, is fully patched and running fine in every respect but one. Every once in a while typically at least once every couple of minutes, the action in any of my 3D games freezes similar to a lag spike, but Internet connect has been verified...
  7. Win10 PC periodically freezes momentarily, then immediately resumes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 PC periodically freezes momentarily, then immediately resumes: My Windows 10 PC -- a gaming rig -- is fully patched and running fine in every respect, but one. Every once in a while typically at least once every couple of minutes, the action in any of my games freezes similar to a lag spike, but Internet connect has been verified as...
  8. Computer needs to be restarted after long periods of idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer needs to be restarted after long periods of idle: Every morning when my computer has been idle overnight my computer has black screen with the applications still open, but its 'glitched out' in terms of when i grab a window and drag this leaves a trail of windows all over the screen. The task bar is gone, and the only thing...
  9. No sound after resuming computer from standby/sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound after resuming computer from standby/sleep mode: Hi everyone, Since I last updated my graphics drivers, I have has an issue where my sound refuses to work. It acts like it is working (sound settings show the sound is supposedly happening, I just don't hear it). This can happen from start-up of the PC, or when the PC goes...
  10. Auto Shutdown Computer after idle period

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto Shutdown Computer after idle period: I need some help in creating a task in Task Manager that will automatically force stop programs and shut down the computer after it has been idle for one hour. I have created a task that will shut down at a specific time, but I need something that can run multiple times...