Windows 10: Computer will not resume after a period.

Discus and support Computer will not resume after a period. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I leave my computer on it can take 20 minutes or so to resume. I re-start if I need it faster. Can anyone help please? 143796 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rifleman49, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Computer will not resume after a period.

When I leave my computer on it can take 20 minutes or so to resume. I re-start if I need it faster. Can anyone help please?

:)

rifleman49, Nov 4, 2019

2. Computer crashes and restarts periodically

Hello Kurt,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

What is the make and model of your computer?

What is the anti-virus program on the computer?

I suggest you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you

Ruth Buruga, Nov 4, 2019
  3. Feathers Win User
    Change log off period

Hi all, I've tried to look through the list of all the tutorials and I've used Google too, to find out how to extend the inactivity period before I get logged out. But all the suggestions talk about screen icons that I don't seem to have.
    My computer is six weeks old and I'm using Windows 10. Can someone please advise? Thank You.

Feathers, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Steve C Win User

Computer will not resume after a period.

Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

Computer will not resume after a period.

1. Computer will not resume after a period. - Similar Threads - Computer resume period

2. Computer Hangs for 5 seconds periodically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Hangs for 5 seconds periodically: Every now and then my computer has been freezing up completely for about 5 seconds. It doesn't matter what I'm doing, I can be gaming or web browsing or anything at all. If sound is going then it will freeze the sound at whatever the last frequency it played until it...
  3. Computer Hangs for 5 seconds periodically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Hangs for 5 seconds periodically: Every now and then my computer has been freezing up completely for about 5 seconds. It doesn't matter what I'm doing, I can be gaming or web browsing or anything at all. If sound is going then it will freeze the sound at whatever the last frequency it played until it...
  4. Resume

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Resume: If I am downloading apex legend on pc and I paisa it for 14 hours and then resume it will it start from where it was paused? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resume/d50d67dc-44f7-421d-8a1b-f185f455be38
  5. Caps lock after resume

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Caps lock after resume: I have recently updated to the lastest Windows 10 version 10.0.17763.316 and have found that whenever my machine resumes from sleep, Caps Lock comes on. This is really irratating me....
  6. RESUMES

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RESUMES: WHERE CAN I DOWNLOAD A SIMPLE TEMPLATE TO CREATE A RESUME FOR A NO PROFESSIONAL? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resumes/7f69883b-1b4a-429f-b00d-98c7db111da7"
  7. Reupgrading after the free period ends.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reupgrading after the free period ends.: I have just been asked an interesting question, and I could not answer for sure. Suppose you are running 8.1, then upgrade, and rollback in the free period. We all know that establishes a digital licence. We also know we can clean install at any time in the future....
  8. Intel DG41TY, computer resumes instantly after shut down or suspend

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel DG41TY, computer resumes instantly after shut down or suspend: Hi guys, I'm having a bit of a problem... Before anyone asks why I'm using such old hardware, I do have a PC that's considerably more up to date, this machine is just my backup and it works fine anyways except for a small issue where the computer instantly starts back up...
  9. Auto Shutdown Computer after idle period

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto Shutdown Computer after idle period: I need some help in creating a task in Task Manager that will automatically force stop programs and shut down the computer after it has been idle for one hour. I have created a task that will shut down at a specific time, but I need something that can run multiple times...
  10. Computer resumes automatically from hibernation!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer resumes automatically from hibernation!!: Hello Guys, I've Configured my Desktop Server to accept WOL packets, Every thing works fine and it wakes from shutdown with no problems over lan. Ok my main problem is that if i tried to hibernate the machine , th machine turns off and after 2 seconds it resumes...