Windows 10: computer will not shut down after last windows 10 update

Discus and support computer will not shut down after last windows 10 update in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After running the Windows 10 update, my computer will not shutdown but instead goes into hibernate mode when I shutdown. When I open the lid after the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by g barb, Sep 21, 2021.

1. g barb Win User

computer will not shut down after last windows 10 update

After running the Windows 10 update, my computer will not shutdown but instead goes into hibernate mode when I shutdown. When I open the lid after the shutdown, computer is already on and is at screen where I am prompted to choose the user. I want it to shutdown completely when I select shutdown. . I have a dell computer. I have same problem even when I use the on/off button of computer to shut down.What needs to be done to correct this problem? What is going on?

:)

g barb, Sep 21, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 21, 2021
  3. RCoon Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

How to stop Windows 10 from automatically installing new and updated drivers constantly (particularly for GPU users with stable drivers)

• Right click "My Computer"
    • Click "Properties"
    • Click on "Hardware" tab
    • Click "Device Installation Settings"
    • Tick the "No, let me choose what to do"
    • Tick "Never install driver software from Windows Update"

RCoon, Sep 21, 2021
  4. David Haz Win User

Computer Shuts Down

Hi Austin,

If your computer shuts down unexpectedly when the battery is at 50%, it is possible that the battery is defective or that the drivers of the battery is incompatible with Windows 10 version 1709. For us to isolate the issue about shutting down when the battery
    is at 50%, kindly respond to the questions below:

• Is your computer new? Or, is it an old computer upgraded to Windows 10?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you checked if the driver for your battery is updated? If not, kindly do so.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done? This is for us to know and to avoid any duplication of efforts on your end.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Sep 21, 2021
Thema:

1. computer will not shut down after last windows 10 update - Similar Threads - computer shut down

2. Computer not shutting down after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not shutting down after update: For context: I have a HP Spectre laptop that is currently running Windows 11. Last night, I tried the ole “update and shut down” before going to bed. I kept the laptop open and monitored progress as I was getting ready for bed. I believe updates were about 70% installed as I...
  3. Computer not shutting down after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer not shutting down after update: For context: I have a HP Spectre laptop that is currently running Windows 11. Last night, I tried the ole “update and shut down” before going to bed. I kept the laptop open and monitored progress as I was getting ready for bed. I believe updates were about 70% installed as I...
  4. Windows 10 Computer Shuts down after startup.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Computer Shuts down after startup.: My PC turns on, and it loads fine. Once it is finished loading however, it automatically opens something called system32 cmd or something like that. After this being open for about half a minute, it shows the "Shutting Down..." screen, and shuts down. How do i fix this...
  5. Computer keeps shutting down after latest update

Computer keeps shutting down after latest update: My laptop shuts down by itself after a few minutes of non use. This started happening after a February 2020 Windows update. How can this be corrected/fixed ?...
  6. Computer shutting down after updates

Computer shutting down after updates: My windows 10 computer is shutting down after it updates. I have to turn the computer off manually and back on again to get it to boot up. What's happening and is there a way to fix this...
  7. Windows 10 shut down after updating

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 shut down after updating: I've never enjoyed this before, but after Windows 10 updated, it shut down. That's a newbie for me. Is there a simple way for me to reverse that and have the computer simply reboot as before after the update? 101800
  8. Computer Restarts instead of Shut Down After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Restarts instead of Shut Down After Windows Update: I have had the message on my laptop that said to install windows updates. Its like a rectangle message and it ask you if you want to remind you later, pick a later time or update it now. I delayed updating it for a long time and clicked on remind me later.So basically...
  9. Shut Down Computer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Shut Down Computer in Windows 10: How to: Shut Down Computer in Windows 10 How to Shut Down the Computer in Windows 10 If you don't plan to use your PC for a while, then you could shut down (turn off) the PC. A shutdown will close all apps, sign out all users, and completely turn off the PC. Hybrid...
  10. after last update: windows shuts down but leaves error message in log

in Windows 10 Support
    after last update: windows shuts down but leaves error message in log: My wife's machine works fine. And it shuts fine. But after the last update KB3176938 there is a "not shut properly" message in the event viewer. On my own machine there is a new wrinkle too: previously when I shut down I could bring the computer back by tapping on the...