Windows 10: Computer will not shutdown fully after 2004 update.

Discus and support Computer will not shutdown fully after 2004 update. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; At times when I decided to shut down my pc, only the monitors will turn off, but the rgb and fans will continue spinning indefinitely. Pressing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mysteoa, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Computer will not shutdown fully after 2004 update.

At times when I decided to shut down my pc, only the monitors will turn off, but the rgb and fans will continue spinning indefinitely. Pressing the keyboard or mouse button does nothing. It's not any kind of sleep because I have disabled those. I have also disable fast startup. I can't find a way to consistently reproduce the problem. Even if I restart the pc before I shutdown it, it can still happen.

submitted by /u/Mysteoa
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Mysteoa, Jun 20, 2020

2. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Computer will not shutdown fully after 2004 update. pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jun 20, 2020
  3. The computer shutdown itself restart?

Hi Tín,

A computer can shutdown based on the instructions given to its power settings. If you are using a laptop, there’s an option that when you are just closing a lid, it can shutdown your computer.
    To ensure that we can provide the appropriate resolution to your concern, we’d like to ask you a few questions:

• What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What activity are you performing that may trigger to shutdown your computer?
    • Can you provide us a screenshot of your power settings?
    • Are you using a laptop or desktop computer?

We’re looking forward to your response.

Johann Eva, Jun 20, 2020
  4. Computer will not shutdown fully after 2004 update.

Computer not performing updates at shut-down

Thank you for the suggestion, I did try this step a few times. My computer still is not wanting to do updates at shutdown.

KittyKat777, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

Computer will not shutdown fully after 2004 update.

1. Computer will not shutdown fully after 2004 update. - Similar Threads - Computer shutdown fully

2. Laptop will never shutdown fully.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop will never shutdown fully.: Been having an issue for a while were my laptop acts like it's turned off, but upon "rebooting" it will show a run time of hours, days, even weeks. The only way to reset the run time is a full restart. Why does my computer never fully shut down when I tell it to shut down? It...
  3. Laptop will never shutdown fully.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop will never shutdown fully.: Been having an issue for a while were my laptop acts like it's turned off, but upon "rebooting" it will show a run time of hours, days, even weeks. The only way to reset the run time is a full restart. Why does my computer never fully shut down when I tell it to shut down? It...
  4. Computer won’t fully turn on after random shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer won’t fully turn on after random shutdown: While I was away from it, my computer turned off. It has happened a couple times before, but always turned back on, with message about letting it retrieve the cache and not to interrupt. This time it got about a third of the way, based on blue line across the bottom of the...
  5. Computer won’t fully turn on after random shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer won’t fully turn on after random shutdown: While I was away from it, my computer turned off. It has happened a couple times before, but always turned back on, with message about letting it retrieve the cache and not to interrupt. This time it got about a third of the way, based on blue line across the bottom of the...
  6. Computer painstakingly slow after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer painstakingly slow after 2004 update: So I've had an issue with this update for a while now. I've gone as far as disabling updates to completely stop it from installing, and I just recently did a full backup as a precaution I decided to try installing it again and the issue is returned. After the update, my PC...
  7. [2004] Update and shutdown now restarts the computer to finish the update process before...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [2004] Update and shutdown now restarts the computer to finish the update process before...: I've seen this rant quite a bit. Looks like Microsoft listened. You no longer need to wait for updates to finish after booting a computer from shutdown. submitted by /u/Scurro [link] [comments]...
  8. My computer won't shutdown or restart fully, please help?!?

in Windows 10 Support
    My computer won't shutdown or restart fully, please help?!?: So this is probably the 3rd time I've had to fix this, but whenever I try to shutdown or restart my comp. it doesn't completely shut down. (light in tower stays on) Then I have to physically push the power button to finally shutdown. I've fix it before but to be honest...
  9. Computer shutdown after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer shutdown after update: Can someone please explain why Microsoft insists on shutting down people's computers after an update????? In which universe will people want a "service" to make one lose work and cause software to corrupt because of a forced shutdown? Give people the ability to shut down...
  10. Computer not fully shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer not fully shutdown: Hello i update my Acer E1-572G to Windows 10 from 8.1. I have a huge problem , when i had windows 8.1 i install some update who keep my computer on when i shut down it but still happening to windows 10 . Any solutions? thanks in advance! 13503