Windows 10: Computer will not sign in "We cant sign into your account" error

Discus and support Computer will not sign in "We cant sign into your account" error in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I went to move my computer from one house to the other. While I am uncertain it may have been a hard shut down with the power cable pulled. When I set... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by kuriboh380, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Computer will not sign in "We cant sign into your account" error

I went to move my computer from one house to the other. While I am uncertain it may have been a hard shut down with the power cable pulled. When I set my computer back up tonight it will not sign into my regular profile, instead a default temporary profile. I have tried several solutions none of which seem to have any effect. I will detail what I have done below.

1.Restarted multiple times, signed out several times. No change

2. Followed youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAJpPCJYagI) tutorial that suggested deleting temporary profile using registery edit. No change and temp profile keeps reappearing

3. As per Microsoft solution list I ran the system file checker. When launching a black command window opens and then closes in less than a second. I am not sure what that is about or how to resolve that issue. I am unsure if the file checker actually did anything due to it closing immediately upon launch.

The Microsoft list also suggests disabling anti-virus and I am unsure how to do this effectively. I simply have malware bytes and default Microsoft antivirus. Additionally it calls for the creation of a new administration account and deleting the account that can not sign in. I did not do this as I fear losing my data. (please advise how to do either of these if you can).

4. Finally I tried to restore the system to a back up from both yesterday and a week ago. The first restore on the earliest backup failed and gave an error code. I tried the older back up and it too failed but however worked after a second attempt. Unfortunately after it completed the restore I am still unable to sign into my account.

I have tried to be as thorough and descriptive as possible. I hope someone can provide some help. Thank you

:)

kuriboh380, Jan 28, 2019
  2. Teokute Win User

Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. Computer will not sign in "We cant sign into your account" error :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Jan 28, 2019
  3. App Store sign-in error, 0xD000000D

Hi Suzanne,

There's a possibility that you are currently signed in on your computer using your local account. For us to sort this out, we suggest that you sign in with your Microsoft account instead. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings > Accounts > Your email and accounts.
    • Select Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Once signed in with your Microsoft account on your computer, try signing into the Windows Store app.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 28, 2019
  4. Computer will not sign in "We cant sign into your account" error

signing into microsoft account

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to us. We apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Accounts.
    • In the left pane, click on sign-in options.
    • In the right pane select Never from the drop down list for the option
      Require sign-in.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

Computer will not sign in "We cant sign into your account" error

1. Computer will not sign in "We cant sign into your account" error - Similar Threads - Computer sign cant

2. We can't sign into your account error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We can't sign into your account error: I've been having this issue for a while now on my school laptop saying "We can't sign into your account" and it's been going on for a while. It doesn't do this on my other school laptops and my teacher just says to ignore it so why is it doing it on one specifically?...
  3. We can't sign into your account error

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    We can't sign into your account error: I've been having this issue for a while now on my school laptop saying "We can't sign into your account" and it's been going on for a while. It doesn't do this on my other school laptops and my teacher just says to ignore it so why is it doing it on one specifically?...
  4. "we can't sign in to your account" Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "we can't sign in to your account" Error: hey everyoneso yesterday when I turned my pc on I was faced with a pop-up message saying "we can't sign in to your account" and I get thrown into a temporary user profile.I have tried many different fixes I could find over the internet but had no luck managing to get my old...
  5. "we can't sign in to your account" Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "we can't sign in to your account" Error: hey everyoneso yesterday when I turned my pc on I was faced with a pop-up message saying "we can't sign in to your account" and I get thrown into a temporary user profile.I have tried many different fixes I could find over the internet but had no luck managing to get my old...
  6. "we can't sign in to your account" Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. "we can't sign in to your account" error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "we can't sign in to your account" error: I have changed my username because there is a space in my username which need to avoided. So I have changed username in control panel-> users. Also I have changed it in registry editor as said in windows community for changing name in C:/Users folder. After changing I have...
  8. "We can't sign into your account" error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "We can't sign into your account" error: I was downloading War thunder on steam yesterday and my dad turned off the computer, I woke up this morning greeted with a "We can't sign into your account " error here. I tried many ways, i tried installing the updates (wouldst install), I tried the regedit thing too. The...
  9. We cant sign into your Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    We cant sign into your Microsoft account: I just got this problem. My pc was acting weird (applications not responding frequently) so I restarted my pc. I logged into my Microsoft account, and it was taking a unusually long time to sign in, about 4 or 5 minutes. It took me to the desktop, with this error message. I...
  10. Sign In Error - "We can't sign into your account"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sign In Error - "We can't sign into your account": I Just had a log in error. I have a Dell Precision 7710 mobile work station with the Anniversary Update. I turned on the machine and tried to log in and got: --------------- We can't sign into your account This problem can often be fixed by signing out of your account,...