Windows 10: Computer will not start

Discus and support Computer will not start in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, It's a Lenovo YOGA 310 bought December 2018, has W10 & 32GB memory. I am unable to use this machine & when I try to 'Reset' the message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jogold1, Sep 10, 2019.

1. jogold1 Win User

Computer will not start

Hi,

It's a Lenovo YOGA 310 bought December 2018, has W10 & 32GB memory.

I am unable to use this machine & when I try to 'Reset' the message is "Additional free space is need on the drive where Windows is installed. Free up some space and try again."

I am unable to do this and during my numerous attempts have also received a message: "inaccessible_boot_device."

As I cannot do this in the normal manner could anyone kindly advise me how to free up space without access to the W10 operating system?

Hopeful thanks.

JoG

:)

jogold1, Sep 10, 2019
  2. Aquinus Win User

Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, Sep 10, 2019
  3. is it possible to hand build a motherboard?

Might I suggest you simply build a computer, making notes and taking pictures step by step. Most people (probably including your teacher) have no idea even where to start building a computer. You'll do fine, and if you get stuck we're here to help ya out! *Toast :toast:

thoughtdisorder, Sep 10, 2019
  4. Ztruker Win User

Computer will not start

How to Get Started with a New Computer

You can't do any of this until you go through the initial login. After that the steps you listed are a good start though I use the builtin Windows Defender along with Malwarebytes Anti-malware Premium and Anti-exploit. #2 is key as far as I'm concerned. I backup every Friday using Macrium reflect Pro set for 1 full and 6 incremental.

Ztruker, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

Computer will not start

1. Computer will not start - Similar Threads - Computer start

2. Computer Restarts Etc. When Shut Down from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Restarts Etc. When Shut Down from Start Menu: OS: Windows 10 Professional 64 bit, v. 1903, build 18362.476 Hi all. Yesterday when I wanted to shut down my computer (Start > on/off > shut down comp.), it did not shut down, but restarted and asked for password. I then tried again to shut down the compter (Start > on/off...
  3. Windows 10 - startup issue - Computer starts but peripherals are not working - everything...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 - startup issue - Computer starts but peripherals are not working - everything...: Hello everyone, I will try to keep this as short as possible while still providing you with all of the necessary information. A bit of history: I recently bought a new computer (you can check the specs below) and installed a Windows 10 OS on it. Computer came with Ubuntu...
  4. Google Chrome Opening a MSN page on Starting My Computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Chrome Opening a MSN page on Starting My Computer: Hi all, Since yesterday whenever I turn on my PC Google Chrome (which is my default brower) automatically opens a MSN web page. This is very annoying as I don't always want chrome to open, and I do not want to see the MSN website. Does anyone know how to stop this...
  5. How to stop my computer from freezing up and not starting up properly?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to stop my computer from freezing up and not starting up properly?: Good morning, My computer (ASUS Windows 10 PC) is suddenly acting up (I tried to be detailed in case I needed to be): Freezes up a lot. It's not the typical full-white-page type of freezing, and it's not just the browser or current program. The entire screen will just...
  6. computer wont start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    computer wont start: I can only turn computer on in safe mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wont-start/28cc696b-3ab7-4380-b72a-304209b922c4
  7. why does my computer takes long to start and shut down?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why does my computer takes long to start and shut down?: my computer takes about five minutes to start and shut down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-computer-takes-long-to-start-and-shut/8c4e3efd-71e3-468a-8e73-6be49b824b13
  8. PSP fails to restart unless the computer itself is re-started

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PSP fails to restart unless the computer itself is re-started: Hello Everyone! I have been using PSP since before it was Corel, updating as I went along. Last summer I moved onto 2019 version and an HP Envy laptop with 16gb and Windows 10 64 bit. From first I got a problem. After using and closing down PSP , when next clicked on the icon...
  9. REALLY TIRED OF HAVING TO CLICK THE SIGN iN BUTON EVERY TIME I START MY COMPUTER BACK UP

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    REALLY TIRED OF HAVING TO CLICK THE SIGN iN BUTON EVERY TIME I START MY COMPUTER BACK UP: What exactly must I do to eliminate having to press the Sign In button every time my computer goes to sleep ? It happens all day long and I am really so tired of it. I have tried doing the thing where you tick the box saying that you dont have to put in a password but that...
  10. at start up 1 minute computer shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    at start up 1 minute computer shut down: I have all setting set in sleep mode as never one minute it shut down and I have re start. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/at-start-up-1-minute-computer-shut-down/6eb521c6-73e2-43b8-b4bd-725995d6e1a8