Windows 10: Computer will not start

Discus and support Computer will not start in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, It's a Lenovo YOGA 310 bought December 2018, has W10 & 32GB memory. I am unable to use this machine & when I try to 'Reset' the message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jogold1, Sep 10, 2019.

1. jogold1 Win User

Computer will not start

Hi,

It's a Lenovo YOGA 310 bought December 2018, has W10 & 32GB memory.

I am unable to use this machine & when I try to 'Reset' the message is "Additional free space is need on the drive where Windows is installed. Free up some space and try again."

I am unable to do this and during my numerous attempts have also received a message: "inaccessible_boot_device."

As I cannot do this in the normal manner could anyone kindly advise me how to free up space without access to the W10 operating system?

Hopeful thanks.

JoG

:)

jogold1, Sep 10, 2019
  2. Aquinus Win User

Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, Sep 10, 2019
  3. is it possible to hand build a motherboard?

Might I suggest you simply build a computer, making notes and taking pictures step by step. Most people (probably including your teacher) have no idea even where to start building a computer. You'll do fine, and if you get stuck we're here to help ya out! *Toast :toast:

thoughtdisorder, Sep 10, 2019
  4. Ztruker Win User

Computer will not start

How to Get Started with a New Computer

You can't do any of this until you go through the initial login. After that the steps you listed are a good start though I use the builtin Windows Defender along with Malwarebytes Anti-malware Premium and Anti-exploit. #2 is key as far as I'm concerned. I backup every Friday using Macrium reflect Pro set for 1 full and 6 incremental.

Ztruker, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

Computer will not start

1. Computer will not start - Similar Threads - Computer start

2. I can't get my computer to require a sign in each time it starts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't get my computer to require a sign in each time it starts.: When my computer starts it goes straight to the Desktop and doesn't require a sign in. I want to change it so I have to log in every time, preferably with a PIN. I have set up the PIN option in Sign in options but it doesn't stop at the log in, just bypasses it. How do I...
  3. I can't get my computer to require a sign in each time it starts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't get my computer to require a sign in each time it starts.: When my computer starts it goes straight to the Desktop and doesn't require a sign in. I want to change it so I have to log in every time, preferably with a PIN. I have set up the PIN option in Sign in options but it doesn't stop at the log in, just bypasses it. How do I...
  4. Only one of my icons popped up when i started my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only one of my icons popped up when i started my computer: I started my computer and one icon popped up, and I had a few on there, I can't get more to show up even the trash isn't in there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-one-of-my-icons-popped-up-when-i-started-my/b3612eb5-a093-4f7f-88fa-1b4e1c4955b8
  5. Only one of my icons popped up when i started my computer

Only one of my icons popped up when i started my computer: I started my computer and one icon popped up, and I had a few on there, I can't get more to show up even the trash isn't in there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-one-of-my-icons-popped-up-when-i-started-my/b3612eb5-a093-4f7f-88fa-1b4e1c4955b8
  6. Why does my PC turn black when I start a Computer game?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my PC turn black when I start a Computer game?: My PC is old. I was playing all of those games exactly like I do now. EA FC 24, Minecraft, ...But since a while my PC shut down and restarted it self after starting one of these games. Somethimes the screen turnt white and I couldn't do anything so I had to shut it down by...
  7. Why does my PC turn black when I start a Computer game?

Why does my PC turn black when I start a Computer game?: My PC is old. I was playing all of those games exactly like I do now. EA FC 24, Minecraft, ...But since a while my PC shut down and restarted it self after starting one of these games. Somethimes the screen turnt white and I couldn't do anything so I had to shut it down by...
  8. Why does my PC turn black when I start a Computer game?

9. Why does my PC turn black when I start a Computer game?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Why does my PC turn black when I start a Computer game?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging