Windows 10: Computer Will not stay Shut-down

Discus and support Computer Will not stay Shut-down in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi all, My PC shuts down normallyEdit : I mean fans,screen,keyboard lights,HDD and Power light, all turn off , but after 5 Seconds it will start by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Hosam AlKhayyat, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Computer Will not stay Shut-down

Hi all,

My PC shuts down normallyEdit : I mean fans,screen,keyboard lights,HDD and Power light, all turn off , but after 5 Seconds it will start by itself this goes also fro sleep and hibernate

I have tried the following methods to resolve the issue but to no avail :

1 shutdown /s /f /t 0

2 batch file of 1 above.

3clean registry

4sfc from here Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files microsoft.com

5clean boot

6disable Auto restart from advanced system configuration>startu-up and recovery

7disable fast boot from power plan settings

8reset the power plan

9creat a new power plan

10reset BIOS to default
    11Updated Graphics and WIF/Bluetooth drivers
    12 Run Troubleshooter>Powerand finally
    13 reset PC.

from the maintenance and reliability report, I get "windows was not properly shut down""- always- , and sometimes the below :

Description

A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent

Code: 15e

Parameter 1: 1

Parameter 2: ffffc80cf76051a0

Parameter 3: ffffc80cdfee7360

Parameter 4: 47

OS version: 10_0_19042

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 768_1

OS Version: 10.0.19042.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: LKD_0x15E_FATAL_MINIPORT_ERROR_MINIPORT_REQUESTED_PLDR_4_0_IMAGE_Netwtw08.sys

My PC is HP envy x360 15 MY 2019

Any help is highly appreciated, and Thanks In advance

Hosam

:)

Hosam AlKhayyat, Dec 29, 2020

2. The light on the power button stays on even after shut down.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your description, I understand that the light on the power button stays on even after shut down.

We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise due to various reasons:

• System not properly shut down or might be in sleep mode.

• Power cord connected to the device.

• Change in the settings.
    I would appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Did you make any recent changes to the settings?

• Does the CPU fan spins after the shutdown?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, (if you are using a laptop).

Unplug the charger from the lap top and check if the issue persists and also try to shut down from the lock screen.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to run Power troubleshooter:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Power.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 29, 2020
  3. Computer will not shut down

I have tried all the things listed on web and my computer will NOT stay shut down.... Win8.1 OS I will push the "shut down" button in the lower right hand corner and it shuts down and within 30 seconds it comes back on.

sunyflowers, Dec 29, 2020
  4. xarzu Win User

Computer Will not stay Shut-down

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

xarzu, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

Computer Will not stay Shut-down

1. Computer Will not stay Shut-down - Similar Threads - Computer stay Shut

2. USB microphone stays powered when computer is shut down?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB microphone stays powered when computer is shut down?: I recently got a new computer, and I notice that when I shut it down the red power light on my Blue Yeti stays on, but the device isn't on? I don't hear anything from it as I have my headphones plugged into it. But the light does turn off when I flip the the power switch on...
  3. Monitor shuts down but PC stays on

Monitor shuts down but PC stays on: For about a week now my monitor will shut down, but the PC stays on. The only thing I can do is hard shut down. I do not get a blue screen but there is a minidump file when it happens. Please advise....
  4. When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting...: When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting down.../restarting..." screen and gets stuckthe only work around is if windows needs to restart for an update, or physically turning off the pc and turning it on again with the power button....
  5. When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting...: When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting down.../restarting..." screen and gets stuckthe only work around is if windows needs to restart for an update, or physically turning off the pc and turning it on again with the power button....
  6. When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting...

7. Computer Stays On After Windows Shuts Down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Stays On After Windows Shuts Down: Recently, my computer no longer completely shuts down after using the Windows Start Menu / Power / Shut Down option. Windows shuts down, the screen goes blank but the computer stays on i.e. power light is on and fans are running. Here's what I've done so far to try to fix:...
  8. Fan comes on and stays on after shutting down computer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fan comes on and stays on after shutting down computer.: Hi, I have a Lenovo K330b and recently this problem started. When I shut down the computer, the fan starts. The fan will run all night if I don't unplug it. TIA, Michael...
  9. IE will not stay open; it shuts down.

in Browsers and Email
    IE will not stay open; it shuts down.: I've had this problem for a while -- the browser just quits. Sometimes it will return, but only for a short time. This is making it impossible to get any work done. 91039
  10. Light stays on after shutting down.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Light stays on after shutting down.: Hello there, My GTX Gaming G1 1070 and Corsair H100i v2 Liquid Cooler LED's stay on faintly even after turning off the computer. The GTX 1070 still fades in and out of different colours and the Liquid Cooler contains its white but faint light coming from the Corsair Logo....