Windows 10: Computer Will Not Stay Shutdown When I Shutdown........

Discus and support Computer Will Not Stay Shutdown When I Shutdown........ in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Greetings-- I have been having something happening for the last four days that is quite creepy, to say the least. I would like to say that this has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by WishBoy14, Oct 6, 2019.

1. WishBoy14 Win User

Computer Will Not Stay Shutdown When I Shutdown........

Greetings--

I have been having something happening for the last four days that is quite creepy, to say the least. I would like to say that this has been happening ever since my last "update", but I can not be sure of that 100%.....

Each night, when I go to bed, I "shutdown" my computer. Because it is attached to a cooling fan / cooling bed, I can tell when it is off because the fans are not running - nor is my keyboard lit up. Point being, I make sure it is off each and every time I shutdown.

For four days now, when I wake up in the morning, there is my computer - ON, up and running, and waiting for me. This is so eery because there is no one in my house to turn it on but me.

Can someone tell me why my computer turns itself on during the night/early morning hours - and more importantly - how can I fix this so my computer stays off when I want it off?

Thank you so much for your time and help.

Rjceasar

:)

WishBoy14, Oct 6, 2019
  2. R-T-B Win User

PC is Suffering Unexpected Shutdowns

Most important detail to me would be whether these shutdowns are sudden, in which case it's likely a short or PSU issue (capacitor aging maybe?) or graceful windows style shutdowns, which suggests software interference.

It could also be overheating components if it's a sudden shutdown. What are your thermals like?

R-T-B, Oct 6, 2019
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    Shutdown

Hi,

To restart or shut down a remote computer and document the reason using the Windows interface, kindly follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start menu and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type shutdown /i to display the Remote Shutdown
      dialog box (Shutdown.exe).
    • Under Computers, click Add to enter computer names, or click
      Browse to open the Find Computers dialog box.
    • Under What do you want these computers to do, click Restart
      or Shut down.
    • Select the appropriate reason for the restart or shutdown from the list.

Let us know how things goes.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Kreij Win User

Keyboard and Mouse staying on after shutdown?

After you do a shutdown and your computer turns off you still have power to the keyboard and mouse ?

I've never seen a PS/2 k&m still have power after a shutdown.

What keyboard and mouse are you using?

Kreij, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Computer Will Not Stay Shutdown When I Shutdown........ - Similar Threads - Computer Stay Shutdown

2. shutdown the computer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    shutdown the computer: when i use the window buttom and try to shutdown the computer this way,sometime it work but other time,it is not work. i know about the shortcut of window icon +x but i am curious about the way i have always using the regular way to shutdown the computer. someone know the...
  3. Computer Shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Shutdown: Hi, I am experiencing random computer shutdowns. I have gone through all of my parts of my PC with various tests and cannot find any fault. The screen simply turns black, as if i had plugged by PC out from the wall. What can i do to find out what is causing this problem? i...
  4. Computer shutdown

Computer shutdown: Hi my computer is Lenovo all in one my problem is computer shutdown every 30 munited https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-shutdown/82189cdc-2816-4be2-8ccb-b5fe6949a49f
  5. Computer Shutdown

Computer Shutdown: When ever I turn off my computer it acts as if it shutdown, it closes all my tabs too, and says they closed unexpectedly. If there is any way to fix this in a simple way without it risking my computer then please help me, If the way to fix it is super complicated, I think...
  6. laptop Shutdown button's light stays on after shutdown

laptop Shutdown button's light stays on after shutdown: laptop Shutdown button's light stays on after shutdown My laptop i click shutdown button but laptop keeps on scrolling shutdown symbol. Please help me...
  7. Computer shutdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer shutdown: Error lvrs64.sys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-shutdown/2e380b37-dab7-4ae8-ab9a-57c06499a98d
  8. Computer shutdowns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer shutdowns: when playing games be they microsoft games or others computer shuts down for no reason. start up does not suggest forced shutdowns etc. Computer is a HP Laptop RTL8821CE...
  9. computer shutdown

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    computer shutdown: so let me begin by saying I live in Arizona so is pretty hot right now today my computer shutdown itself and the strange thing the modem did a total reboot I check of overeating computer parts but everything is fine I have a feeling I'm being hack but I don't know to how...
  10. Computer shutdown

Computer shutdown: my pc using windows 10 will start fine, but then will unexpectedly close after 5-10 minutes. Then when restarted it runs fine. What is the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/computer-shutdown/c8d24f1f-8d5b-4a22-972a-26b3a7c05a4c