Windows 10: Computer will not sync with Microsoft account?

Discus and support Computer will not sync with Microsoft account? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So, something a bit odd happened today: I tried signing in as usual, but a message (I didn't really get to read it fully) that went something like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JonathanPierzchala, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Computer will not sync with Microsoft account?

So, something a bit odd happened today: I tried signing in as usual, but a message (I didn't really get to read it fully) that went something like "unable to sign in to your Microsoft account" popped up, and all my stuff was gone. Background reset, default browser reset, etc. and I can't access any of my files. Luckily, they're still on the drive, but I can't access them because my computer isn't synced up with my Microsoft account or something.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I can go into more detail if need be.

:)

JonathanPierzchala, Apr 21, 2019

2. Microsoft Account not syncing WP8.1

Hi Michael,

We suggest that you manually sync your Microsoft account by following these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Tap email + accounts.
    • Tap and hold your Microsoft account.
    • Tap sync.

Check also if you have the correct date and time set on your phone.

Let us know the results.

Regards.

Justin Sor, Apr 21, 2019
  3. philc43 Win User
    Microsoft Account and Syncing

Not sure what else to suggest but since you mentioned it, try variations of the sync settings on your W8.1 phone. It is just possible that this is causing some confusion with your Microsoft account and the W10 settings.

philc43, Apr 21, 2019
  4. Computer will not sync with Microsoft account?

Microsoft Account and Syncing

Hi Everyone

I have just discovered the sync settings in Windows 10 and found out about how I can sync my settings and themes (which I am particularly interested in) I had the settings enabled with my computer and surface also with my existing Microsoft account signed in but the themes haven't seemed to sync.

I have read that this can sometimes be fixed by signing in and out but would I have to do this in a specific order? Is there a troubleshooting method I could try? I have also signed into another Microsoft account one before but I doubt it affects this.

Would this be because I have to have the exact same theme installed on both computers?

I would also like to try first the options that don't involve resetting my PC etc since I have apps/games that I have configured with my own settings and I don't want to reconfigure them all again.

Finally I also have OneDrive signed into both PC's, so I guess what I am really looking for is just a troubleshooting list to go through to see if I can sync themes.

ellellell1, Apr 21, 2019
Thema:

Computer will not sync with Microsoft account?

1. Computer will not sync with Microsoft account? - Similar Threads - Computer sync Microsoft

2. Syncing One Account On 2 Computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Syncing One Account On 2 Computers: Hello,I was wondering if there is a way to have 2 different computers syncing as on so then i can work on one then go to the other and everything is the exact same.This is on Windows 10 btwThanks...
  3. Syncing One Account On 2 Computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Syncing One Account On 2 Computers: Hello,I was wondering if there is a way to have 2 different computers syncing as on so then i can work on one then go to the other and everything is the exact same.This is on Windows 10 btwThanks...
  4. Microsoft Account not Syncing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account not Syncing: Since Microsoft has taken down the account troubleshooter, is there anything else to use? My account is not syncing between devices. Am using Windows 10.Have tried to turn sync settings on and off, verified the account, edit the registry keys, run sfc /scan now, DISM /online...
  5. Microsoft account profile not syncing

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft account profile not syncing: My Microsoft account profile picture is not syncing on Windows or in Edge Chrome after a system reset. It's been a week since then, so it's not a sync delay. The profile picture is still available online. Completely reinstalling Windows did fix this, but also introduced...
  6. Sync personal microsoft account and school microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sync personal microsoft account and school microsoft account: I have one Microsoft account for School and one for personal usage (using multiple devices). How do I sync both accounts like, edge browsing history-favourites, windows personalize settings, etc.?...
  7. PC Not Syncing With Microsoft Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PC Not Syncing With Microsoft Account: I got a new laptop and after setting up the PC I found out that my PC settings are not getting synced with the Microsoft Account. I found out the following issue. [ATTACH] Can I please get a solution to fix this. Thank You...
  8. Problems syncing computers using Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Problems syncing computers using Microsoft account: I have 3 computers all with newly updated versions of Windows 10 (Version 1607, OS Build 14393.321). I recently upgraded one of my computers. I am now having issues getting my computers to sync with one another using my original Microsoft account. My original account has been...
  9. Microsoft Account and Syncing

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account and Syncing: Hi Everyone I have just discovered the sync settings in Windows 10 and found out about how I can sync my settings and themes (which I am particularly interested in) I had the settings enabled with my computer and surface also with my existing Microsoft account signed in...
  10. Microsoft Account and Syncing

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Account and Syncing: I have often wondered what happens when you upgrade Windows with regards to syncing settings etc. For Windows 10 I don't want to find that I am syncing settings from older versions of Windows or from Windows 10 beta. So how do I ensure that for the first install of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ms account infor not syncing

2. Why will this computer not sync the Microsoft account