Windows 10: Computer Will Not Utilize Correct GPU

Discus and support Computer Will Not Utilize Correct GPU in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just built my new computer and when I got windows booted and such I realized that my computer is not using the correct card. When running games and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jack BidwellNN, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Computer Will Not Utilize Correct GPU

I just built my new computer and when I got windows booted and such I realized that my computer is not using the correct card. When running games and watching videos my computer will use an Intel r630 card. While my 1080 ti is installed but not being used. I have all of my Nvidia drivers installed and in the device manager it says I have both of the cards installed. Is there anyway that I can only use the 1080 ti?

(Note I am using an adapter that connects molex to pcies to power the gpu could that be the issue?)

(Also the Gpu is connected through a ribbon cable to the pci slot not directly to it.)

Specs:

Cpu: i7 - 8700k 6 core

Gpu: Strix 1080ti

RAM: 16 gb Trident Z

Motherboard: Strix Z- 270 E

:)

Jack BidwellNN, Dec 25, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

GrooveMonitor Utility on fresh copy of windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As I understand that groove monitor utility is running as a startup process on a windows 10 computer which you have not installed.

I would suggest you to check the file location of groove monitor utility and check where is the file location it has been installed.

Follow the steps to find the file location of the particular process.

• Press Alt + Ctrl + Delete

• Open task manager

• Click on Process tab

• Right click on Groove Monitor Utility and click on file location
    Reply us back with more information. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Dec 25, 2018
  3. aikonN8 Win User
    Removing WLAN Utilities

Wan update instructions below state remove wan utilities,

Uninstallation instructions:

• Turn WLAN Off
    • Manually uninstall "WLAN Utilities" package from the installed applications.
    • Turn WLAN On
    I can't find them under installed applications anywhere. Could somebody give step by step instrucions, I've looked in :

Installations/ already installed.

aikonN8, Dec 25, 2018
  4. Computer Will Not Utilize Correct GPU

BF4 Browser Utility

New! BF4 Browser Utility v1.2

Change Log v1.2
    • New Features
      • New Icon.
      • New Type "about:config" in the address bar and click "Go" or press Enter on your keyboard to display the list of preferences for the GeckoFX browser.
    • Improvements.
      • Code optimization
    • Fixed Issues in previous release
      • Fixed - On the update window when you click "Yes" to get the update would take you to the old "BF3 Browser Utility" page. Now it takes you to the correct page.
    Download Here!

Mindweaver, Dec 25, 2018
Thema:

Computer Will Not Utilize Correct GPU

1. Computer Will Not Utilize Correct GPU - Similar Threads - Computer Utilize Correct

2. Process's GPU Utilization is Missing in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Process's GPU Utilization is Missing in Task Manager: After I updated Windows 11 22H2, only CPU, Memory, Disk, and Network utilization are shown in the "Processes" tab. Before the update, I could also see the graphics usage and power draw, as well as the usages currently visible. I currently have installed the latest Nvidia...
  3. Process's GPU Utilization is Missing in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Process's GPU Utilization is Missing in Task Manager: After I updated Windows 11 22H2, only CPU, Memory, Disk, and Network utilization are shown in the "Processes" tab. Before the update, I could also see the graphics usage and power draw, as well as the usages currently visible. I currently have installed the latest Nvidia...
  4. 100% GPU utilization in Task Manager for no reason

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% GPU utilization in Task Manager for no reason: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/dadmou5 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/yjzuu8/100_gpu_utilization_in_task_manager_for_no_reason/
  5. GPU not detected correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU not detected correctly: Hello guys, it's me again.I managed to fix my laptop so I could update my windows and it worked. But there's a problem, after a few times of tampering with the drivers, my Linked gpu AMD Radeon HD 8670M series got uninstalled by itself and I couldn't fix it. So I Googled it...
  6. GPU not detected correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU not detected correctly: Hello guys, it's me again.I managed to fix my laptop so I could update my windows and it worked. But there's a problem, after a few times of tampering with the drivers, my Linked gpu AMD Radeon HD 8670M series got uninstalled by itself and I couldn't fix it. So I Googled it...
  7. GPU not detected correctly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Intergrated GPU Not Being Utilized Fully

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intergrated GPU Not Being Utilized Fully: Hello, Im having some problems with my laptop my Intel HD 520 Intergrated Graphics Card is not being utilized fully it normally sits around 1-2% while not doing anything....
  9. DWM excessive GPU utilization while gaming

DWM excessive GPU utilization while gaming: hello good afternoon friends :, I have a problem of excessive use of the GPU for the DWM process, I tried everything that appears in the forums and I cannot find the solution. I have an ASUS ROG STRIX notebook with two gpu, an intel 630 integrated and an NVDIA 1050...
  10. Task Manager GPU readout not correct.

Task Manager GPU readout not correct.: Hello! I've got a 2-GPU system that I'm using to run Folding@Home. This, naturally, fully loads both graphics cards. However, Windows Task Manager only shows a 0-2% load on the cards. This also occurred when running a video game for a more normal GPU task. Radeon Settings,...