Windows 10: Computer will not wake up after new windows update

Discus and support Computer will not wake up after new windows update in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I just upgraded my HP PC to Windows 10 from the update function. When my computer goes to sleep nothing wakes it up. I have to push the power button to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ChrisSaindon, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Computer will not wake up after new windows update

I just upgraded my HP PC to Windows 10 from the update function. When my computer goes to sleep nothing wakes it up. I have to push the power button to shut it off then push it again to start it back up. Sometimes I have to push the power button twice. Once will not start it but I cut it off then push it again and it starts up. Thanks

:)

ChrisSaindon, Apr 3, 2020
  2. John Sarc Win User

computer wake-up after sleep

Hi Bill,

There's a possibility that the settings that enables your Space bar to wake your computer up from sleep was reset after updating Windows. If this what had happened, we suggest that you just re-set it up. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Press Windows key and type keyboard in.
    • Click on Keyboard option and a pop-up windows should show up.
    • From there, go to > Hardware tab > Properties >
      Change settings > Power management > Allow this device to wake the computer >
      OK/Apply.

Try the if the steps did work and let us know any updates.

John Sarc, Apr 3, 2020
  3. computer wake-up after sleep

Did all the steps exactly as shown above and "Allow this device to wake the computer" was already selected.

I think you might have miss-understood the problem. It appears that the computer is waking up, but it doesn't re-connect to my display. I have to turn off the display and turn it back on to get my display to to re-connect. This was not a problem prior to
    the last Win 10 upgrade.

Bill McCormick_5407, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Computer will not wake up after new windows update

waking up my computer

Hi Virginia,

For us to properly isolate the issue in waking up your computer, we would like to know the following:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Aside from a hard shut down, to make sure that we have not missed on anything, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you check if the wake on keyboard option is enabled. To check this, open
    Device Manager > Keyboards > HID Keyboard Device >
    Power Management, and then disable the Allow this device to wake the computer feature (standard value).

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Computer will not wake up after new windows update

1. Computer will not wake up after new windows update - Similar Threads - Computer wake update

2. Computer Doesn't Wake up after Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Doesn't Wake up after Sleep: I don't know why but every time my computer goes to sleep or when I manually place it into sleep mode, it just doesn't wake up. The light on the tower turns on and fans are on, just nothing is displayed on the monitor. Every time this happens I end up having to press the...
  3. Computer won't wake up after sleep

Computer won't wake up after sleep: This is actually an answer, not a question. I've been dealing with this problem for many months. I'd set my Acer Aspire E5-576 to go to sleep under certain conditions, and for a while that worked fine. Then after a gigantic Wndows update, it no longer worked. The computer...
  4. Computer waking up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer waking up: For the past 7 days when i got a pc 1 or 2 weeks ago, it keeps turning on bu it self every day at 5:55 AM. I tried everything i could to stop it and it failed, any tips? submitted by /u/Zylenlox69 [link] [comments]...
  5. Computer not waking up after sleep (urgent)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer not waking up after sleep (urgent): After an update a couple of weeks ago after the computer goes to sleep in it's own, it won't wake up or even turn the screen on unless I force restart it. It's very inconvenient because I've already lost some work after leaving it for a few minutes and it not turning on. Plus...
  6. Wake up computer

Wake up computer: Hi, Why can't I wake up my laptop by pressing any keys on my keyboard? Dennis https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wake-up-computer/22a8e0d7-cde5-4034-9373-ff84d379f09c
  7. Computer won't "wake up" after going to sleep ever since the new update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer won't "wake up" after going to sleep ever since the new update.: There used to be a handy function in Settings > Troubleshooting called "Hardware" but it seems Microsoft got rid of it for some reason. Is there a way to get that back? Also, when my computer goes to sleep, I move the mouse and hit keys on the keyboard and it doesn't wake up...
  8. waking up computer

in Cortana
    waking up computer: when i wake up computer i get running dots in cortana and browser search box continually , why is that ? or what can be done not to have that ? i usually do ctrl alt del and just choose cancel--then it stops...
  9. Computer wakes up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer wakes up: My computer keeps waking up on it's own after I put it to sleep. I am running Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wakes-up/f04dadcd-e205-4f5d-b9c8-a4aab97f4895"
  10. No picture on screen after waking computer up after AU update

in Windows 10 Customization
    No picture on screen after waking computer up after AU update: Hello, After installing the Windows 10 AU update on my HP Envy m6 Sleekbook, I've noticed that upon waking my computer up, there is no background picture displayed: [img] The picture shows up if I started typing and the password prompt screen shows up, but then...