Windows 10: Computer will only detect one Jack at a time

Discus and support Computer will only detect one Jack at a time in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, sorry if this was already posted, I couldn't find anything on it after a search. I have purchased an adaptor for my 4 pin headset so I could use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Roger Legrow-Cormier, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Computer will only detect one Jack at a time

Hello, sorry if this was already posted, I couldn't find anything on it after a search. I have purchased an adaptor for my 4 pin headset so I could use it with my windows PC. However, I've noticed something strange. Despite having two jacks on the front, one for headphones one for a microphone, it will only detect input from one. For example, if I plug in the headset in the headset jack, it works fine. But if I plug in the Microphone into the Microphone jack, it suddenly stops detecting there is anything in the Headset Jack. The same happens in reverse as well.

Any ideas as to what could be causing this?

:)

Roger Legrow-Cormier, Jun 23, 2020
  2. CoolioF Win User

Jacks not detecting headset

It gives the response that the device is not plugged in. However I am sure it is. Why would by computer not be detecting the jacks?
    Ty

EDIT: there is a constant low buzzing noise when the headset is plugged into my front jack

CoolioF, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Computer's Audio Jacks Stopped Working

Hi Calvin,

Please go to the settings app on your PC and click update and security. Click Troubleshooting, and find the one that says "Playing Audio". It should detect the problem.

NTekNiklaus, Jun 23, 2020
  4. dencal Win User

Computer will only detect one Jack at a time

Jacks not detecting headset

Do note that there is a newly released driver January 22.....see info at top of this Drivers and Hardware Forum.
    Under Sticky Threads.

dencal, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Computer will only detect one Jack at a time

1. Computer will only detect one Jack at a time - Similar Threads - Computer detect Jack

2. Windows only detecting one of the two HASP USB dongles at a time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows only detecting one of the two HASP USB dongles at a time.: I have two software packages, ETAP and ASPEN oneliner, that I need to run simultaneously. They both require a USB/HASP dongle to run and when I run the applications separately they work fine but when I insert the second dongle and try to open the second application it fails...
  3. Windows only detecting one of the two HASP USB dongles at a time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows only detecting one of the two HASP USB dongles at a time.: I have two software packages, ETAP and ASPEN oneliner, that I need to run simultaneously. They both require a USB/HASP dongle to run and when I run the applications separately they work fine but when I insert the second dongle and try to open the second application it fails...
  4. My laptop -Lenovo , could only detect one monitor at a time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop -Lenovo , could only detect one monitor at a time: My laptop worked perfectly with other two monitors for over two years. Three days ago, I unplugged two monitors and took the laptop with me to other room for work in the evening. Unfortunately, next morning, when i plugged the two monitors into the laptop, the only monitor 1...
  5. My laptop -Lenovo , could only detect one monitor at a time

My laptop -Lenovo , could only detect one monitor at a time: My laptop worked perfectly with other two monitors for over two years. Three days ago, I unplugged two monitors and took the laptop with me to other room for work in the evening. Unfortunately, next morning, when i plugged the two monitors into the laptop, the only monitor 1...
  6. My pc is only detecting one of my monitors at a time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc is only detecting one of my monitors at a time.: My pc completely crashed after I tried resizing a game and now it only detects one of my monitors at a time. [It will only detect one of my DVI or HDMI at a time.] I was told its something wrong with my graphic driver. How can I fix this? Thanks....
  7. My pc is only detecting one of my monitors at a time.

My pc is only detecting one of my monitors at a time.: My pc completely crashed after I tried resizing a game and now it only detects one of my monitors at a time. [It will only detect one of my DVI or HDMI at a time.] I was told its something wrong with my graphic driver. How can I fix this? Thanks....
  8. Two Monitors, Duplicated Display, Computer only detects one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two Monitors, Duplicated Display, Computer only detects one: Current Setup:Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 Windows 11 HomeA-Port Active C200 Multi HubDell U2515H x 2Multi hub is plugged into the laptop USB-C port.Both monitors are connected to the multi hub using HDMI-to-HDMI cables.In the display setting, only two displays are detected.Two...
  9. Two Monitors, Duplicated Display, Computer only detects one

Two Monitors, Duplicated Display, Computer only detects one: Current Setup:Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 Windows 11 HomeA-Port Active C200 Multi HubDell U2515H x 2Multi hub is plugged into the laptop USB-C port.Both monitors are connected to the multi hub using HDMI-to-HDMI cables.In the display setting, only two displays are detected.Two...
  10. Headphone jack not detected.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphone jack not detected.: My PC froze, i restarted, and the audio port was no longer being detected. Formated, fresh install, still no headphone jack detection tested multiple headphones and headsets bluetooth works fine but i need wired connection.Tried to run the troubleshoot program but it needs to...