Windows 10: Computer will stay lighted up, monitor will go into sleep mode, unable to wake it up...

Discus and support Computer will stay lighted up, monitor will go into sleep mode, unable to wake it up... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Here is what is happening: My computer will sometimes often but not every time go into sleep mode and be unable to wake up. When working correctly,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Danout, Jan 30, 2022.

1. Danout Win User

Computer will stay lighted up, monitor will go into sleep mode, unable to wake it up...

Here is what is happening: My computer will sometimes often but not every time go into sleep mode and be unable to wake up. When working correctly, during the first stage of sleep mode about 15 minutes of inactivity my monitor will go into power-saving mode but my computer will have its lights still on. Then after another short time period, my computer will go into hibernate mode and the lights on it will turn off. When it works I can press any button or move my mouse and the computer will turn back on. When it doesn't work the computer will go into the first stage and the lights will stay

:)

Danout, Jan 30, 2022
  2. dalchina Win User

Stay in sleep and wake with spacebar

Hi, you can disable hibernation if you wish:
    Enable or Disable Hibernate in Windows 10

This depends what devices are able to wake your PC. You can list these:

Powercfg /devicequery /.......
    Description:
    Returns a list of devices that meet the specified criteria.

Parameter List:
    <QUERYFLAG> Specifies one of the following criteria:

wake_from_S1_supported ....Return all devices that support waking the system
    from a light sleep state.
    wake_from_S2_supported ....Return all devices that support waking the system
    from a deeper sleep state.
    wake_from_S3_supported ....Return all devices that support waking the system
    from the deepest sleep state.
    wake_from_any ......................Return all devices that support waking the system
    from any sleep state.

S1_supported List devices supporting light sleep.
    S2_supported List devices supporting deeper sleep.
    S3_supported List devices supporting deepest sleep.
    S4_supported List devices supporting hibernation.
    wake_programmable List devices that are user-configurable to wake
    the system from a sleep state.
    wake_armed List devices that are currently configured to
    wake the system from any sleep state.
    all_devices Return all devices present in the system.

Examples:
    POWERCFG /DEVICEQUERY wake_armed

dalchina, Jan 30, 2022
  3. Computer Won't Stay in Sleep Mode

Hello, I have a brand new computer with Windows 10 and it will not stay in sleep mode.

I ran the powercfg/lastwake as suggested in some other posts and below is the message I get.

C:\Users\nfshe>powercfg/lastwake

Wake History Count - 1

Wake History [0]

Wake Source Count - 1

Wake Source [0]

Type: Wake Timer

Owner: [SERVICE] \Device\HarddiskVolume5\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Ready Mode Technology\IRMTService.exe (IRMTService)

Can someone please help fix this issue.

Thanks

NeilSheehan, Jan 30, 2022
  4. sjohn_az Win User

Computer will stay lighted up, monitor will go into sleep mode, unable to wake it up...

Windows sleep mode--computer won't stay asleep

I usually manual enter sleep mode on my computer. Since upgrading to Windows 10, I can put the computer to sleep but several minutes later the computer "wakes up" again. I have no problems initially going into sleep mode. Computer fan stops, HD stops etc.
    It just doesn't want to stay asleep. Any suggestions?

S. Johnson

sjohn_az, Jan 30, 2022
Thema:

1. Computer will stay lighted up, monitor will go into sleep mode, unable to wake it up... - Similar Threads - Computer stay lighted

2. Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately: I finished building a new PC and encountered an issue.Sometimes, my pc wakes up from sleep mode immediately. Noticed, it didn't happen every time I put my pc to sleep mode. The sleep issue occurs randomly.I tried a lot of methods, but it didn't work.Even Viewer no show even...
  3. Computer will stay lighted up, monitor will go into sleep mode, unable to wake it up...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer will stay lighted up, monitor will go into sleep mode, unable to wake it up...: Here is what is happening: My computer will sometimes often but not every time go into sleep mode and be unable to wake up. When working correctly, during the first stage of sleep mode about 15 minutes of inactivity my monitor will go into power-saving mode but my computer...
  4. Computer will stay lighted up, monitor will go into sleep mode, unable to wake it up...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer will stay lighted up, monitor will go into sleep mode, unable to wake it up...: Here is what is happening: My computer will sometimes often but not every time go into sleep mode and be unable to wake up. When working correctly, during the first stage of sleep mode about 15 minutes of inactivity my monitor will go into power-saving mode but my computer...
  5. Displays go to sleep, then wake up shortly after, then stay asleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Displays go to sleep, then wake up shortly after, then stay asleep: Ongoing issue with computer displays waking up. I have my monitors set to go to sleep at 3 minutes. Some time after (3-10 minutes) they go to sleep, they will wake back up and then go to sleep again after 3 minutes. After it does it once, doesn't seem to happen again. It's...
  6. Monitor Keeps Waking Up Infinitely in Sleep Mode.

Monitor Keeps Waking Up Infinitely in Sleep Mode.: My power settings are set to turn my monitor off after 15 minutes of inactivity. When I had an RTX 2080 everything was fine. I recently upgraded to an RX 6800 XT and now I have an issue where the monitor keeps waking back up after being off for 3 seconds, which repeats...
  7. Computer restarts after wakes up on sleep mode

Computer restarts after wakes up on sleep mode: Hello dear Sir/Madam, I hope you are doing well. I recently, after one of the optional updates in Sept. 2020, whenever my laptop goes on sleep mode using power button or closing the lid and then I want to resume my work where I left off. Suddenly, laptop restarts and...
  8. Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately

Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately: It wasn't doing this before, I followed a few guides and disabled a few thing that should have not wake up the computer, and it's still instantly waking up i'm using windows 10, I really wanna fix this problem so i can let my computer rest...
  9. Computer screen will not wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer screen will not wake up from sleep mode: When my computer goes to sleep, I have to do a hard reset to wake it up by pressing the power button and restarting. I can hear it operating, but it will not turn the screen on. I have been trying to fix it for a few weeks, so I can't even remember all the things I have done...
  10. Computer wakes up from sleep, doesn't go to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer wakes up from sleep, doesn't go to sleep: My kids laptop. Completely messed when it comes to sleeping. It will not go to sleep on its own despite having the power options set the same as all my others. Display doesn't even go off. So we manually put it to sleep. That worked for a while but now it wakes up on its own....