Windows 10: Computer Wiped On Login

Discus and support Computer Wiped On Login in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, Has anyone heard of a computer being wiped on login? I'm trying to explain it to my colleagues and I can't do it properly. We're having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Chmmr, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Chmmr Win User

Computer Wiped On Login

Hi all,

Has anyone heard of a computer being wiped on login? I'm trying to explain it to my colleagues and I can't do it properly.

We're having people's computers delete all apps and then move their data to C:\Windows.old\users\%username% but I remember a scenario where there would be two login boxes for the same user, one in a circle and one in a square and if you clicked the other one (I can't remember which) the wipe wouldn't happen. The active one would also warn you that the wipe would happen.

If anyone knows where I can get a screen shot. of the one that warns you of the wipe, that would also be appreciated.

This is in version 1903 / 1909.

Cheers,

:)

Chmmr, Dec 3, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Dec 3, 2019
  3. Wiping computer

Your report suggests that your installation has suffered some damage which prevents Windows from doing a reset. In such stubborn cases I would do this:

1. Create a new media installation disk:

Windows 10 herunterladen
    2. Run setup.exe on this disk.
    It would wipe everything, including your data and all applications.

Frederik Long, Dec 3, 2019
  4. Computer Wiped On Login

Random account appeared on login to my computer

Hi Mathew,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I suggest you to try the below steps to remove the user account from your computer.

• Login to your computer through administrator account.

• Press Windows key + r and type
      netplwiz
      , hit Enter.

• Select the user account, you want to remove.

• Click on the Remove button.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

Computer Wiped On Login

1. Computer Wiped On Login - Similar Threads - Computer Wiped Login

2. Onedrive wiped my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive wiped my computer.: Why does onedrive delete native files? I couldn't get emails anymore and was told that I have to free up space.Deleted my one drive since I assumed it was just a backup BUT NOPE IT DELETED EVERYTHING OFF MY COMPUTER.I found an article to restore the files to go buy the...
  3. wipe computer clean?

wipe computer clean?: I have a new computer and I need to know how to clean off all the files. Thank you. It is a PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wipe-computer-clean/67ec7867-b919-4832-afe0-e97cd38e292e
  4. wipe computer clean?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wipe computer clean?: I have a new computer and I need to know how to clean off all the files. Thank you. It is a PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wipe-computer-clean/67ec7867-b919-4832-afe0-e97cd38e292e
  5. wipe computer clean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Wipe My Computer Clean

Wipe My Computer Clean: Currently, I am preparing my computer to return to an employer. We were allowed to use it for personal use however some word documents that were for personal use were placed on the desktop. I've since cut those personal docs from the desktop and pasted to my thumb drive. My...
  7. Wiping computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wiping computer: Hello. I followed instructions to wipe my old Lenovo with a view to sell. I was reading up and says to encrypt hard drive) then reset. I jumped the gun and already reset it. Can I then go log in again and encrypt it, and reset again? Nothing of interest could be brought up...
  8. Wiping a computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Wiping a computer: So i just got a new pc and i signed into my dads account because i wanted my xbox account to be on the pc and now everything is signed in as my dad. I was wondering if i wipe my pc then will it wipe everything from his account on his other computer?...
  9. Wiping computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wiping computer: I've been trying to wipe my computer for a few days now. Every time that I try doing it, it ends out wiping for about 10 minutes and proceeding to tell me that there was issues wiping my computer....
  10. Clean wipe a computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean wipe a computer: Hello, I would like to give away my old computer which is still working with windows 10 pro, but as you know from my previous posts, it fed me a lot of troubles. But first I want to "clean" all my documents, passwords kept on google chrome browser, pictures and videos, etc....