Windows 10: computer wipes out all info and brings up the welcome to windows!

Discus and support computer wipes out all info and brings up the welcome to windows! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Whenever my computer is turned on, the welcome to windows comes up and I have to go in and change my browser back to google chrome. Everything on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nanaspez, May 14, 2020.

1. nanaspez Win User

computer wipes out all info and brings up the welcome to windows!

Whenever my computer is turned on, the welcome to windows comes up and I have to go in and change my browser back to google chrome. Everything on my desktop gets wiped out and so do history and downloads. I leave it on but whenever a update comes along it wipes out all my info. WHY?

Please help!

:)

nanaspez, May 14, 2020

2. Wiping computer

Your report suggests that your installation has suffered some damage which prevents Windows from doing a reset. In such stubborn cases I would do this:

1. Create a new media installation disk:

Windows 10 herunterladen
    2. Run setup.exe on this disk.
    It would wipe everything, including your data and all applications.

Frederik Long, May 14, 2020
  3. theonedub Win User
    GPUz Incorrect Info GF117

I've got the GT620M in a Zenbook and the newest version of GPUz has it listed as a 40nm part whereas all other info on the web suggests its 28nm. Can you investigate, W1z?

Thanks

theonedub, May 14, 2020
  4. computer wipes out all info and brings up the welcome to windows!

Cant activate windows 10 after wipe, key is from windows 8.1 that i upgraded from

Hi Ryan,

To assist you better, we would like to confirm if Windows 10 is activated before you wiped your computer.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the Activation troubleshooter. To do this, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Update & security.
    • On the left pane, choose Activation.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, May 14, 2020
Thema:

computer wipes out all info and brings up the welcome to windows!

1. computer wipes out all info and brings up the welcome to windows! - Similar Threads - computer wipes info

2. Wiped out all my Thunderbird accounts..

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wiped out all my Thunderbird accounts..: Here's one for you I bet you haven't heard yet. A window popped up saying my SD card I use to run portable apps off had errors and would I like Windows to correct it. I naturally said yes, and Windows came back with another poppup saying the drive was repaired. I then...
  3. Windows update wiped out all my settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update wiped out all my settings: An update Windows 10 this morning 12/12/2020 wiped all my app settings on the PC. I use Outlook for email. This app was not be found in the list. When I searched for it, it showed up but then I had to recreate my email account all over. Now it won't let me choose the inbox...
  4. windows update wipes out computer settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update wipes out computer settings: So when is Microsoft going to fix this error? Or they just going to ignore this. your programmers need to look at this issue. Do not put this problem on the end user. FIX IT!!!!...
  5. Bring back system info

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bring back system info: I recently updated to the latest version (20H2) and I pressed win+pause to go to the control/system and guess what! It redirected me to the new settings app. I can't even go to control panel, it literally says "There are some new features here" like they are forcing you to...
  6. desktop "wiped out" and I suddenly "start from scratch" WELCOME TO WINDOWS

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop "wiped out" and I suddenly "start from scratch" WELCOME TO WINDOWS: I have a desktop Dell inspiron, windows 10. the machine itself almost ten years old but generally works well. BUT lately,Every couple of weeks or so, when I turn it on, it takes forever NOT all the time and when it does come up, sometimes my old desktop icons "disappeared"...
  7. Windows 10 wiped out all my documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 wiped out all my documents: I switched on my HP laptop today and worked on it, everything was fine. I left it on sleep for about 2 hours, and came back to find there was a notification that Windows had signed me out of my user account. However, it logged in, and I found my desktop wallpaper was changed...
  8. Windows 10 Calendar - all events wiped out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Calendar - all events wiped out: Hi, I use my calendar app only on my desktop. I do not sync it with anything, as I don't have an iphone or android phone. I only use it to record appointments on the desktop. A few days ago, I did not receive a reminder bell for an upcopming appointment, when I checked...
  9. Windows update wiped out all of my settings.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update wiped out all of my settings.: I've seen a few posts here about the same thing happening to others. Windows did an automatic update even after I have turned them off and it basically restored back to factory settings. The first time it happened on Saturday February 23 2019 between 9-11 PM and I had to...
  10. Update wiped out computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update wiped out computer: Last night when I went to shut down my Surface Pro 2 it asked to install updates. This morning the computer says it lost my desktop location and all I have is a black screen with a couple icons in the task bar that do not work. The windows button does not work and even the...