Windows 10: Computer with black screen before sign in and cursor keeps reloading

Discus and support Computer with black screen before sign in and cursor keeps reloading in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a HP Pavilion desktop and I have a problem with it. The problem is that I have a black screen, which I know how to fix, but my keyboard and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kyle Phonasa, Jul 5, 2021.

1. Computer with black screen before sign in and cursor keeps reloading

I have a HP Pavilion desktop and I have a problem with it. The problem is that I have a black screen, which I know how to fix, but my keyboard and mouse won’t let me. It just keeps reloading and reloading but it only happens on the black screen. It doesn’t happen in the bios, only the black screen. I’ve tried “ctrl+alt+del”. Doesn’t work. I’ve tried some of the other keyboard combinations. Doesn’t work. And I can’t use a different monitor because I don’t have a different monitor. Can someone help?

:)

Kyle Phonasa, Jul 5, 2021

2. Black Screen with Cursor during sign in

Hello Patrick,

We understand that you are facing issue with Black screen with cursor during sign-in in your system. Let us assist you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to driver issues, output to unexpected port, and possibly also issues with the Lock Screen app. We suggest you to try the steps from the below link and check if it helps to resolve the problem:

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 5, 2021
  3. drreflex Win User
    Black Screen With Cursor PLEASE HELP

THIS PROBLEM HAS BEEN AN ONGOING ISSUE WITH WINDOWS 10.

Below is a Microsoft Knoledge Base entry from April of this year.

httpw://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3055414

"The lock screen in Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10061 might appear as a black screen with a mouse cursor
    Symptoms

When you sign out of Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10061 and return to the lock screen, you might see only a black screen with a responsive mouse cursor. Pressing the Alt+Tab keys or the Ctrl+Alt+Del keys has no visible effect.
    Workaround

If you are experiencing this issue, follow these steps to sign into Windows:

At the black screen, press the Ctrl key once on an attached physical keyboard. (You won’t see any visible change, but pressing the Ctrl key will place the cursor in the password box that you’re currently not able to see.)

Now type the password of the user that just signed out and press Enter.This will sign you back into Windows and the desktop will appear.

If you failed to sign in because you mistyped the password, press Enter once more. Then retype the password and press Enter." ...

PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU ARE INSTALLING WINDOWS 10. AFTER ENTERING YOUR PASSWORD, THE CURSOR SHOULD VANISH FOR SEVERAL MINUTES WHILE WINDOWS COMPLETES THE INSTALL SETUP. MY COMPUTER, A FAST ALIENWARE, TOOK ABOUT FIVE MINUTES TO COMPLETE THE SETUP AND THEN THE WINDOWS 10 DESKTOP APPEARED.

drreflex, Jul 5, 2021
  4. Computer with black screen before sign in and cursor keeps reloading

Windows 10 upgrade issue: Black screen with a cursor after Sign-in

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to refer steps by Sharath Srinivasa dated on August 7, 2015 from the link below.

Try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the following section: Black screen
    after

sign-in
    and you can see a mouse cursor.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jul 5, 2021
Thema:

Computer with black screen before sign in and cursor keeps reloading

1. Computer with black screen before sign in and cursor keeps reloading - Similar Threads - Computer black screen

2. Black screen with cursor before login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with cursor before login: Hello this morning I woke up to my pc booting into a black screen with only a cursor and nothing else.I have tried the tutorials on how to fix it but they need access to the task manager which doesn't come up for me...
  3. Computer has a black screen before login and the mouse cursor keeps reloading, nothing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer has a black screen before login and the mouse cursor keeps reloading, nothing...: I have a computer and after a shutdown and update I came back to my computer and the monitor was just black with little light coming out of it and a mouse cursor that I could freely move but it kept reloading, I searched solutions all across YouTube and the internet but...
  4. Computer has a black screen before login and the mouse cursor keeps reloading, nothing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer has a black screen before login and the mouse cursor keeps reloading, nothing...: I have a computer and after a shutdown and update I came back to my computer and the monitor was just black with little light coming out of it and a mouse cursor that I could freely move but it kept reloading, I searched solutions all across YouTube and the internet but...
  5. Black screen before signing in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen before signing in.: Let me simplify the situation.It's been about half a month of me fixing problem on my PC that I built with Windows 10. USBBasically, I pulled out the USB stick and fixed the problem. Nice!Now I still have one unresolved issue left... the black screen before signing in. How do...
  6. Black screen before signing in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen before signing in.: Let me simplify the situation.It's been about half a month of me fixing problem on my PC that I built with Windows 10. USBBasically, I pulled out the USB stick and fixed the problem. Nice!Now I still have one unresolved issue left... the black screen before signing in. How do...
  7. Black screen before signing in.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. Screen keeps going black then reloading

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen keeps going black then reloading: I start my pc and login to windows and then my pc screen starts going black then showing the Home Screen over and over again. This started right after I did a windows file repair because it wouldn’t let me download a windows update. submitted by /u/Twm_3 [link] [comments]...
  9. Black Screen before sign in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen before sign in: For Christmas I swapped out my obsolete hardware and have had nothing but issues since. I switched out the CPU, MOBO, and RAM, and had to buy a new copy of win10 having not know the license wasn’t transferable: first mistake. I had been running Win10 before the swap with no...
  10. Computer boots to Black Screen with Cursor Before Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer boots to Black Screen with Cursor Before Lock Screen: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from the taskbar on my desktop. The upgrade was successful and I was able to use my computer normally. Today, when I started my computer, a disk check was started. After a long time of being stuck at 10%, I force booted the computer off. Now,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows black screen with cursor before login

2. windows 10 black screen with cursor before login

3. Windows 10 black screen before login