Windows 10: Computer with dual monitor setup showing black screen on game launch

Discus and support Computer with dual monitor setup showing black screen on game launch in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Just purchased two Dell U2715H 27" monitors the other day and a Dell XPS8900 tower. intel Core i7 16GB Ram NVidia GTX 960 I am having an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by patrickB, Sep 1, 2016.

1. patrickB Win User

Computer with dual monitor setup showing black screen on game launch

Just purchased two Dell U2715H 27" monitors the other day and a Dell XPS8900 tower.

intel Core i7
    16GB Ram
    NVidia GTX 960

I am having an issue where when I launch two steam games I run into a crash. The games i'm trying to run are "Pure Pool" and "Pool Nation FX". Both games sometimes run without any issues, but occasionally when the game has ended the screen which I was gaming on will turn completely black, not even backlit, just black.

Also when I launch the games sometimes the monitor in which the game is running will be completely black, not even backlit, but i'll still be able to hear the sound.

What is really odd is that when I close the program such as the pool game, the black screen will still remain. (please note I can still use task manager on my other monitor).

Also, sometimes when I finish playing either game I won't get any black screen, but when I come to restart my computer one of my monitors will be black, not even backlit as before.

I can run DOTA 2 without any issues at all. This PC and monitors are both new purchased this week.

:)

patrickB, Sep 1, 2016

2. Black screen after updating from win 7 to win 10 and slow run PC

If you upgrade to windows 10 and only get a black screen ... I had three computers with this issue and spent 5 hours on it including 1 hour with Microsoft. They accidently fixed it enough for me to figure out the real problem. Windows 10 was treating
    our single screen computers as if they had dual monitors - the black screen was the other monitor. So ultimately, we were eventually able to right click on the screen and bring up display settings and delete the extra (nonexistant monitor). Our dual monitor
    computer also had a similiar problem reading three screens instead of two and again we went into the display settings and deleted the "nonexistent monitor"

if you mouse is not showing on the black screen try scrolling right or left the length of a "monitor"

Drevikkdrevik, Sep 1, 2016
  3. Black Screen with cursor after Windows 10 Upgrade

If you upgrade to windows 10 and only get a black screen ... I had three computers with this issue and spent 5 hours on it including 1 hour with Microsoft. They accidently fixed it enough for me to figure out the real problem. Windows 10 was treating
    our single screen computers as if they had dual monitors - the black screen was the other monitor. So ultimately, we were eventually able to right click on the screen and bring up display settings and delete the extra (nonexistant monitor). Our dual monitor
    computer also had a similiar problem reading three screens instead of two and again we went into the display settings and deleted the "nonexistent monitor"

if you mouse is not showing on the black screen try scrolling right or left the length of a "monitor"

Drevikkdrevik, Sep 1, 2016
  4. patrickB Win User

One thing I also notice is that when running in Window mode it tends to perform better, but yesterday as I was playing Pure Pool, the screen just went randomly black even when in windowed mode.

patrickB, Sep 3, 2016
  5. This seems to me like it is either a video driver issue, or an issue with the monitor itself. You say it doesn't happen in all games. Maybe there is a big in these 2 games. Did you trying contacting the game developers to see if there are reports of others players with this problem?

I for one have rolled back to Windows 8.1 because I was having too many issues with 10. It seems more stable for my software and games.

AnonVendetta, Sep 3, 2016
  6. patrickB Win User
    Noticed yesterday that the screen went black even when doing a non gaming activity so now I know it's nothing to do with the games themselves. I tried changing the cable from MiniDP to HDMI to see if the issue might be with the cable itself.

patrickB, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer with dual monitor setup showing black screen on game launch - Similar Threads - Computer dual monitor

2. Screen flickering on a dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickering on a dual monitor setup: Hi,I've got a dual monitor setup. An LG LED 22EN33S and a Samsung SyncMaster E1920, I've got a GTX 1050 2GB GPU.The flickering occurs everytime I boot up the PC or I wake the monitors up from being idle and it usually takes up 20 minutes to stabilize. To my best understanding...
  3. Screen flickering on a dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen flickering on a dual monitor setup: Hi,I've got a dual monitor setup. An LG LED 22EN33S and a Samsung SyncMaster E1920, I've got a GTX 1050 2GB GPU.The flickering occurs everytime I boot up the PC or I wake the monitors up from being idle and it usually takes up 20 minutes to stabilize. To my best understanding...
  4. Screen flickering on a dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Monitor briefly black screening for a few seconds in dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor briefly black screening for a few seconds in dual monitor setup: Recently I went from a single monitor to a dual monitor setup. For the most part things are going fine however something that I have been noticing occurring is that every so often my main display will go black for a few seconds and then come back, and this has been happening...
  6. Monitor briefly black screening for a few seconds in dual monitor setup

Monitor briefly black screening for a few seconds in dual monitor setup: Recently I went from a single monitor to a dual monitor setup. For the most part things are going fine however something that I have been noticing occurring is that every so often my main display will go black for a few seconds and then come back, and this has been happening...
  7. Screen Flickering on Dual Monitor Setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering on Dual Monitor Setup: I've been having screen flickering problems for the past couple of weeks. I've tried nearly every fix I could find from uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, making sure the monitor has enough power, It's plugged into the graphics driver, I've tried lower graphics settings...
  8. Screen Flickering on Dual Monitor Setup

Screen Flickering on Dual Monitor Setup: I've been having screen flickering problems for the past couple of weeks. I've tried nearly every fix I could find from uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, making sure the monitor has enough power, It's plugged into the graphics driver, I've tried lower graphics settings...
  9. Dual Monitor Setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor Setup: I am trying to connect (2) ACER X183h monitors to my computer (Windows 10). The ACER monitors are VGA connected to a dual VGA --> HDMI adapter. The HDMI is plugged into the HDMI port. The computer does not have a VGA port. I've tried to hit the "detect" button on a second...
  10. Dual Monitor Setup?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitor Setup?: I have a dell xps 9550 laptop that i connect to an external monitor as my primary monitor. Its syncmaster t240 hd and its 24' and 1920 x 1200 resolution. I have an old asus 24' monitor that a while back no longer worked... it stopped working and i brought it to a few repair...