Windows 10: Computer with Windows 10 Home v1909 is very slow after multiple failed attempts to upgrade...

Discus and support Computer with Windows 10 Home v1909 is very slow after multiple failed attempts to upgrade... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Dell Optiplex 9010 with i7-3770 @ 3.40 GHz and 8 GB of RAM. I also have a hybrid hard disk and I am dual booting Linux and Windows 10 Home, 64... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NickFi, Sep 20, 2020.

1. NickFi Win User

Computer with Windows 10 Home v1909 is very slow after multiple failed attempts to upgrade...

I have a Dell Optiplex 9010 with i7-3770 @ 3.40 GHz and 8 GB of RAM. I also have a hybrid hard disk and I am dual booting Linux and Windows 10 Home, 64 bit. I haven't done any changes on Linux side since about a year ago because I use it rarely. I keep the Windows OS updated regularly. In the last six months or so, Microsoft offered to upgrade the OS from version 1909 to v2004 if I remember correctly. I selected to upgrade, after about half an hour or one hour of downloading, crunching, restarting I found out the system has reverted to v1909 because of some problems were encountered during the upgrade. I tried upgrading it about 4 times in the last six months but it failed every time in the same manner. Last failed attempt was in September 2020.

Now the computer is awfully slow and even in safe mode takes about 1:25 minutes to bring the computer to the login prompt, then another minute or so until it becomes responsive to keyboard. I disabled all services in Safe mode as well.

If I boot in normal mode, it takes about 1:45 minutes until it prompts for the password. After that, it takes another 2:15 until I can use the computer the keyboard becomes responsive. I think the upgrade has some unfinished business and there are still some scripts executing in the background, related to the Windows upgrades.

What should I try next?

:)

NickFi, Sep 20, 2020

2. Windows 10 Updates fails to install even after multiple attempts.

Checking for updates after following the steps, Will inform on the progress of the update process and whether this solves it or nope. Thank you for the suggestion.

[Update]
    The Trick didn't work.

Computer with Windows 10 Home v1909 is very slow after multiple failed attempts to upgrade... [​IMG]

Computer with Windows 10 Home v1909 is very slow after multiple failed attempts to upgrade... [​IMG]

The Security Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3074681) which was available, failed to install. And the same story again..

Shadow Delta, Sep 20, 2020
  3. CokerDr1 Win User
    Multiple attempts to upgrade to Win10 have failed

Win 7 64 installed on Thinkpad T520. Product key not same as coa key. Multiple attempts at W10 upgrade failed. Now any attempt fails immediately.

I think problem is that somehow I have activated the same Win 7 product key on two different computers. A T540 is already upgraded toWin10 with the identical key.

I tried to change the key in the activation section but the option was not there.

I have installation disks for W7, W8, and all of the legacy versions... But I am at a loss as to what to try next, so I would appreciate your suggestions.

CokerDr1, Sep 20, 2020
  4. aronchick Win User

Computer with Windows 10 Home v1909 is very slow after multiple failed attempts to upgrade...

Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Computer with Windows 10 Home v1909 is very slow after multiple failed attempts to upgrade... - Similar Threads - Computer Home v1909

2. KB5022913 Fails to install after multiple attempts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5022913 Fails to install after multiple attempts.: Hello.This update will not install after multiple attempts.: 2023-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5022913 Error 0x800f081fNote: KB4023057 installed successfully.Edition Windows 11 HomeVersion 22H2Installed on ‎20/‎09/‎2022OS build...
  3. KB5022913 Fails to install after multiple attempts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5022913 Fails to install after multiple attempts.: Hello.This update will not install after multiple attempts.: 2023-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5022913 Error 0x800f081fNote: KB4023057 installed successfully.Edition Windows 11 HomeVersion 22H2Installed on ‎20/‎09/‎2022OS build...
  4. Desktop with HDD after upgrading to Windows 10 is very slow.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop with HDD after upgrading to Windows 10 is very slow.: Hello,A few days ago, I upgraded to Windows 10 on my desktop. And the HDD, even though it's not downright slow 64 MB Cache, 7200 rpm - specifications here, it doesn't make it at all.When turned on, it takes about half a minute for the login screen to appear. And even after...
  5. Failed attempts to upgrade Window 10 versions very frustrating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failed attempts to upgrade Window 10 versions very frustrating: I have a Lenovo Computer with the operating systemWindows 10 Pro. OS Build 14393.693. Installed Memory RAM is 4.00GB. Thesystem type is a 64bit operating system and a x64-based processor. Last successfully installed update was on November 20,2020 - Update for Windows 10,...
  6. win 10 home very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win 10 home very slow: win 10 home is super slow after updates. The websites I am on keep closing on me and I lose my work and have to login again no matter which browser I use. My searches are being redirected. when I type a letter the letter besides it prints instead. My cursor freezes and...
  7. Windows 10 Home very slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home very slow: My Windows 10 is very slow even after I reset Windows. My system config is 4GB of RAM and 1TB hard-disk(only 350 GB of the total hard disk is occupied remaining are all free). I am running only Windows Explorer still it is showing disk 100% and if I try to search any...
  8. windows 10 very slow before and after upgrades

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 very slow before and after upgrades: In the last few days my pc has become very slow. Several restarts, all take a long time. Very occasionally bursts into life. Today did latest update, seemed to improve, now as bad as ever. Advice please...
  9. VERY Slow Internet After Upgrade to 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VERY Slow Internet After Upgrade to 10: Can anybody solve this one? After upgrading to Ten, my Internet speed plunged from 18 MBPS down to barely over 1 MBPS. It's specific to Windows 10, and here's I know: I reverted back to Windows 8.1 and my net speed returned to normal. A week later, I upgraded to Ten again...
  10. RDP connections very slow after Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP connections very slow after Windows 10 upgrade: Hi, After upgrading my Surface Pro 3 from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, my RDP connections became very slow. Everything else is perfect (surfing the web, downloading etc.). Only the RDP connections have lots of delay (almost a second when typing). I've checked the...