Windows 10: computer with windows 10 loses contact with hard drive when in idle mode?

Discus and support computer with windows 10 loses contact with hard drive when in idle mode? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; On several occasions, when the computer is in idle mode it suddenly cannot find the hard drive. After a reboot everything seems fine? Any ideas?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Chet70, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Chet70 Win User

computer with windows 10 loses contact with hard drive when in idle mode?

On several occasions, when the computer is in idle mode it suddenly cannot find the hard drive. After a reboot everything seems fine? Any ideas?

:)

Chet70, Feb 24, 2021

2. Samsung M3 portable hard drive not getting recognised on Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for your response with the current status of the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information

• Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the external hard drive on the computer?
    • Are you logged into the Administrator Account while assigning the driver letter to the external hard drive?

I recommend you to follow the steps below to update all the pending Windows updates and also try to reinstall the hard drive driver in the Device Manager. Check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update all the pending Windows updates in the computer and check if it helps.

1. Click on Start Menu.

2. Then select Settings.

3. Choose Update & security >
    Windows Update
    >Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Step 2: I recommend you to uninstall and reinstall the Hard drive as suggested in the previous post. Also you can run Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

Step 3: Then try to boot the computer in safe mode and check if the hard drive is getting recgonized in it or not.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Please get back to us with an update on issue in connecting External hard drive into Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 24, 2021
  3. badrobot Win User
    Partitioning My Hard Drive Without Losing Data

Download any of the suggested programs above and fire up Youtube for a step by step instruction. Easus is a good software. But I personally use MiniTool Partition Wizard.

It will only take 5 minutes to become a professional hard drive partitioner. computer with windows 10 loses contact with hard drive when in idle mode? :)

badrobot, Feb 24, 2021
  4. computer with windows 10 loses contact with hard drive when in idle mode?

little cat, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

computer with windows 10 loses contact with hard drive when in idle mode?

1. computer with windows 10 loses contact with hard drive when in idle mode? - Similar Threads - computer loses contact

2. Windows 10 system process runs hard drive at 80% on idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 system process runs hard drive at 80% on idle: So I have just recently installed a full clean version of windows on my computer with apps and programs from very trusted places with no background apps running at all and yet when i leave my system to idle my hard drive starts running at 80-100% until i do something and then...
  3. Windows 10 system process runs hard drive at 80% on idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 system process runs hard drive at 80% on idle: So I have just recently installed a full clean version of windows on my computer with apps and programs from very trusted places with no background apps running at all and yet when i leave my system to idle my hard drive starts running at 80-100% until i do something and then...
  4. Windows 10 system process runs hard drive at 80% on idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer BSOD when Idle

Computer BSOD when Idle: Hello, I need some assistance trying to figure out what is causing my computer to crash/BSOD when I'm idling. I can play high-end games, have video meetings and utilize Chrome with 20+ tabs without issues for hours. When I close my programs and walk away for 20+ minutes, my...
  6. Computer restarting when idling

Computer restarting when idling: I have had a series of problems following recent Windows 10 Updates. Everything seems to have slowed down. The most recent issue is that my PC is restarting whenever I leave it idling for any length of time. Can anyone help?...
  7. Computer Hard Freezes when idle

Computer Hard Freezes when idle: So, this issue occurred when my mother was using the computer while a game was saving. She told me that it shut off by itself, and saying that it turned black and rebooted. So, the main reason that's going on is that I've been experiencing my computer hard freezing when I...
  8. hard drive keeps spinning up during idle, even in safe mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hard drive keeps spinning up during idle, even in safe mode: New laptop, windows 10 home. hitachi hard drive inside keeps spinning up and down every minute or two while idle. To rule out background processes, I boot into plain safe mode, no networking. Same thing. hdd spins up randomly when no one is touching the computer....
  9. Windows 10 hard freeze when Idle for a short period.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 hard freeze when Idle for a short period.: This is an odd problem. This has been happening for a few days now and I'm at a bit of a loss about what the problem is exactly. It seems to have started after a recent Windows update, but I'm not sure exactly what specific element has screwed things up for me and it may have...
  10. Windows hard freezing when left idle.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows hard freezing when left idle.: Edit: Fixed. Turns out it was a bad/corrupted file in one of my games that was freezing the defrag process. It was slipping past the scans and the game in question was running perfectly fine. There's a more detailed explanation on page 3 of the thread. What the title says....